Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

Anyone with sync issues ever find a way to force it? For some really random and annoying reason a session a couple days ago refuses to sync. It just won't. ??

Two different things -

Got it to sync by just repeatedly pretending that I was going to do a new session. So can't access that session I wanted on my other device still for some reason, but it's on the R-Cloud at least.

I'm not sure what's different today, and some days but less so then this, but mine is not accurate today. It's colder out there today. About 52*, but balls, clubs, and I are warm, and it's showing around 119/120 BS for full 7 irons for me. That's just not even close. I don't mean that as someone who thinks they're faster than they are. I'm saying it as someone who hits on monitor constantly (mostly quad), is real steady on this stuff, and knows that I have to half swing a 7i to be at that speed on a good strike.

So that's not great. Same setup as always. Nothing's been moved. 🤷🏻

Two different things -

Got it to sync by just repeatedly pretending that I was going to do a new session. So can't access that session I wanted on my other device still for some reason, but it's on the R-Cloud at least.

I'm not sure what's different today, and some days but less so then this, but mine is not accurate today. It's colder out there today. About 52*, but balls, clubs, and I are warm, and it's showing around 119/120 BS for full 7 irons for me. That's just not even close. I don't mean that as someone who thinks they're faster than they are. I'm saying it as someone who hits on monitor constantly (mostly quad), is real steady on this stuff, and knows that I have to half swing a 7i to be at that speed on a good strike.

So that's not great. Same setup as always. Nothing's been moved. 🤷🏻
This has been what I've been running into. Just consistency seems to be not there, maybe it's just us because we use android?

This has been what I've been running into. Just consistency seems to be not there, maybe it's just us because we use android?
I honestly have no idea. I had a session a couple weeks ago maybe where it was real slow and I was like what is the deal?? And then it randomly nailed one. Numbers right on the mark. And then did well for the next couple. Switch things up a little with a couple clubs and it was off again. I can't figure it out.

Frustrating though, because it's a wasted get-loose. Which means I'm out of commission for a day or two and didn't get the comparison I wanted today.

I'm putting it up against the quad today @pumbaa . See what's up.

I'm putting it up against the quad today @pumbaa . See what's up.
I'm anxious to hear what you find out. I don't have the room for a sim, but have really been considered going this direction for use at the range. I know launch numbers will be important as I prep throughout this year, but having the hardest time pulling the trigger on the MLM2PRO (or anything else) due to some of the inconsistencies that seem to be mentioned frequently. In a perfect world, I'd just buy the "best" out there. I realize there is likely more good than bad on this one, but just struggling to jump on the purchase.

If the Rapsodo people are listening .... on my wish list for the next update so far is ...

1. Ability to change the color of the club during the same session. For instance, I want to hit multiple drivers but with different heads & shafts during the same session, without having to stop the session & start over again.

I'm anxious to hear what you find out. I don't have the room for a sim, but have really been considered going this direction for use at the range. I know launch numbers will be important as I prep throughout this year, but having the hardest time pulling the trigger on the MLM2PRO (or anything else) due to some of the inconsistencies that seem to be mentioned frequently. In a perfect world, I'd just buy the "best" out there. I realize there is likely more good than bad on this one, but just struggling to jump on the purchase.
I worked it the eff out! 😂 Tried to hit any shot I could think of.

1000054152.jpg
1000054154.jpg

These are a couple opening 8 irons. And about as close as it ever got. Consistently a couple mph slower. So that was about the end of me trying my normal shots.

Then I took a random 7 iron and tried to just hit a bunch of stuff people would probably do..

Still consistently slower. A couple close.

1000054174.jpg

Some really stretching it in a bad way

1000054163.jpg

And some not even close

1000054162.jpg

Which were more like what I saw yesterday. 10+ mph off.

Don't know what to say about it. Like I said it hadn't been moved, and worked fine yesterday on some wedges to start except one that I have video of me questioning and still do. And then it was just way off after that. All done with Rapsodo RPT balls. So.. 🤷🏻

Ordered the mlm2pro today. They are throwing in a dozen chrome soft x rpt balls with purchase. I’m guessing they are clearing inventory ahead of launching new chrome tour rpt balls.

Ordered the mlm2pro today. They are throwing in a dozen chrome soft x rpt balls with purchase. I’m guessing they are clearing inventory ahead of launching new chrome tour rpt balls.

I have it sitting in the cart.. have the space.. have the money.. just need to have balls to hit submit... Oh wait.. they come with 12 balls...

I have it sitting in the cart.. have the space.. have the money.. just need to have balls to hit submit... Oh wait.. they come with 12 balls...
I think it’s actually 15 balls total. 3 with the device and the extra dozen.

I've been watching this thread for awhile and seems like the unit has got alot better, but for some reason my gut is telling me to wait.

I’ve been on the fence for a while. The biggest thing is I don’t see anything else in the price range coming close to the mlm2. The decision is mlm2 or a $3,000+ device.

The thing with pretty much all of launch monitors is they have some subscription fees and realistically you also need 3rd party sim software subscription on top of that too. The recent software update is a big step forward in what you actually get for the $200/yr subscription fee. There is still a lot of room for improvement but it’s getting a lot closer to only needing the rapsodo app.

Still not sure what to do about the recent troubles.. 🤔

Still not sure what to do about the recent troubles.. 🤔
I hate that you're having troubles and nothing has alleviated them. On the other hand, I'm so grateful you shared those troubles when you did because I was about to order one. I think I'd rather wait until there appears to be a "fix".

Weekend of testing

4 different Srixon balls
1 3D printed stencil $17+tax eBay
1 Milwaukee pen

I’ve used the pen just marking balls, it is superior to sharpie, by a lot.

No idea how many hits I’ll get before a touch is needed. We’ll see. I’m eager to see differences.

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpeg
    IMG_1611.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 8
I hate that you're having troubles and nothing has alleviated them. On the other hand, I'm so grateful you shared those troubles when you did because I was about to order one. I think I'd rather wait until there appears to be a "fix".
I'm in the same boat! I want to buy this and start practicing, but the few bugs are holding me back.

Weekend of testing

4 different Srixon balls
1 3D printed stencil $17+tax eBay
1 Milwaukee pen

I’ve used the pen just marking balls, it is superior to sharpie, by a lot.

No idea how many hits I’ll get before a touch is needed. We’ll see. I’m eager to see differences.
I’m interested to hear if the different color balls pick up spin the same as white ones. Part of me thinks yellow balls just sets the mood for a range practice session.

I’m interested to hear if the different color balls pick up spin the same as white ones. Part of me thinks yellow balls just sets the mood for a range practice session.
Ha! Me too. Those are both different variations of the multi color balls.

finally got a few more swings in.

upgraded wifi since last played, but between that and the updates, the connection was quick and flawless the whole time.

launch still seems low and overall distance low. might try to elevate the unit more.

I want to say something to any Rapsodo people listening -

Chrome Tour Balls.

Seriously, give the masses some Chrome Tour RPT balls. PLEASE!

I’ve still got 9 balls from my first CSX rpt order. Haha. Broke out 2 new ones today.

This guy was a warrior

IMG_4248.jpeg

IMG_4247.jpeg

Back