Rang The Bell Today After Completing 44 Radiation Treatments

uman

Oldest guy in the room
Reaction score
Handicap
back srg'y
Friday July 19 has been marked in my calender for quite a while now. I have now "Finally" completed my 44th and hopefully last radiation session. Five day per week treatments started in May and it has seemed like an eternity to reach the end point today.
The technicians have a large bell hanging on the wall . When I finished #44 this morning I rang that bell very loudly. My strength should start improving in the next week or two, then I can actually play some real golf. Only played once since it started, kept my score a couple below 80, it was humid, was exhausted and happy to quit when I finished the 18th hole.

That is effin awesome dude.
We hope to see you at a THP event soon.

Friday July 19 has been marked in my calender for quite a while now. I have now "Finally" completed my 44th and hopefully last radiation session. Five day per week treatments started in May and it has seemed like an eternity to reach the end point today.
The technicians have a large bell hanging on the wall . When I finished #44 this morning I rang that bell very loudly. My strength should start improving in the next week or two, then I can actually play some real golf. Only played once since it started, kept my score a couple below 80, it was humid, was exhausted and happy to quit when I finished the 18th hole.

hang in there uman!!!

Don't know you bud, but you're awesome. Hope you can get out on the course soon!

That is fantastic. Glad to hear it and hope you're able to get back out there shortly!

Congratulations on finishing up. My uncle had to go through a set of radiation treatments a while ago and it was tough on him. Hopefully you can get out on the course soon.

Great news, this made my day. Speedy recovery buddy.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

I am proud of you. I lost my mother last year to cancer after she valiantly fought for nine years when she was only given a few years at her diagnosis. Before she ever got cancer, I never thought she was "strong." I watched her fight cancer for nine years, always with a will/strength I initially did not know she had. Her fight made me and everyone around her respect her more and more. She gave her family and friends an example of what strength/will is. Your an example for all those around you to the fight you completed. I know it isn't easy, but I, THP, all your loved ones are proud of you. Good luck and God Bless.

Great to hear uman!!!

Glad to hear it and best wishes going forward!

Congrats! I know you are glad to be finished. I play regularly with a lady who is in her 3rd relapse with breast cancer. She is undergoing chemotherapy and plays every week with us despite the fact that she is so weak and frail. Sounds like you are a fighter like her. Best wishes on your successful treatment!

Great news!

Awesome to hear it!

That is awesome news! Congrats!

That is so cool! Congrats, uman!

Absolutely incredible, I wish you the best and quickest recovery and look forward to meeting you at a golf course to play a round in the future.

That's freaking incredible!! Congrats...hope to get to meet you someday soon!

Absolutely fantastic news

Glad to hear it! Keep kicking that cancer's butt!

Congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment

That is AWESOME! I hope you get back out on the course soon!

Uman, I want to give you my deepest and most sincere Congratulations on completing what so many people don't get to do! Your an extremely strong individual for fighting the hardest fight that I have ever known thousands of humans to fight. It hits close to home when I think of cancer because of so many that have been diagnosed within my family/friends and especially my little cousin who was diagnosed with brain cancer when she was only 7. She stood strong and went through something no kid on this planet should ever have to go through. We are blessed she kicked cancers ass!!! All is good now and she's been great.
Continue the fight and never give up bud! You got a friend in me and if there's ever any help I can be, just let me know. Have a great day!

-Manny

Way to go!! Bravo, and keep on fightin'.

That is awesome news!! Cancer treatments suck. They are almost as bad as the disease they treat.

Glad to hear!

Back