JF

Reaction score
Looking for the best rain gear I can get for a good price. No real price range in mind, but I don't want it to be too expensive. Needs to be high quality (no 2010 Ryder Cup crap happening to me) and not ridiculous in cost. Really just need the jacket and pants, I already have waterproof shoes. I figure you apparel junkies know WAY more than the almost nothing I know about apparel.

THPing on Tapatalk

I know you're anti-Nike, but the StormFit is amazing. You aren't going to get much better than that, at that price. $150 or so, for pants and jacket. It's warm as Hell too.

look for Misty Mountains rain gear at your golf stores.. very good price and really really good in rain.

OneT has the new Sunice gear and I hear it is pretty good. zero restriction will be your most expensive. cross might be a good way to go and I have had a Nike rain suit for 11 years and it still does the job better than most on the market today. Never an issue

i'm thinking of grabbing a zero restriction short sleeve rain jacket saw one i really liked at a pro shop the other day. but if you're going long sleeve i love my FJ pants and jacket its light and works well in the rain.

GolfSmith's own brand, SnakeEyes, has several reasonably priced - especially if you catch them on a sale - items. I have a jacket that is really good, think I got it on a super sale for like %70 off, like $40.

Thanks guys. I like the FJ stuff a lot but I'm not spending over $300 on rain gear. I think it will ultimately come down to trying stuff on and seeing what I like. Can't test functionality in a golf shop though.

Before yesterday I never would have considered rain gear. But it gets pretty wet at the course I'm caddying at, so I'm gonna need it.

THPing on Tapatalk

For the price and quality, not sure Nike Storm-fit can be beat.

I would recommend Sunice more than anything, but if you ruled our FJ because of price, then chances are that rules our Sunice as well.

If price is the distinguishing factor, I checked all sale racks and finally found a great deal on a full suit.

A few years ago I bought a Nike rain suit for less than $100. Its not storm fit quality but it works for me.

Living where i do you need good waterproofs and you get what you pay for. I would not go cheaper as it will only last you a year or so but if you buy great quality it will last you 5+ years and when you divide it over the years its not that much. I bought Galvin Green, it's expensive but its the best imo.

I know you're anti-Nike, but the StormFit is amazing. You aren't going to get much better than that, at that price. $150 or so, for pants and jacket. It's warm as Hell too.

Totally agree. I bought one this year and it is awesome. I was able to play on some cold and rainy days that I would not have been able to otherwise. It is warm and nonrestrictive when playing.

Living in the Pacific Northwest and playing year round I have some experience with rain gear. For me I won't buy anything that isn't Goretex and my favorite brand is Sunice. I was able to find previous year models at TGW and budget golf for amazing prices.

Whatever you end up with make sure it can breath, I had a 10 year old Nike jacket and it would keep be dry from the rain but it wouldn't breath so I was soaked in sweat. Goretex is the best at keeping you dry and breathing.

Over in the UK Galvin Green is one of the best IMO too. Not sure you can get it state side?

Over in the UK Galvin Green is one of the best IMO too. Not sure you can get it state side?

We can, but you're look at $350+ for the jackets and $300+ for the pants.

The last I looked at that stuff it was fairly expensive!

We can get it at a very limited number of places. Bandon Dunes sells it in their pro shops and I have seen it on TrendyGolf.com but you need to sell a kidney on the black market to afford some of it.

Ouch, not cheap and to be fair we need it more!

The standard nike Storm-fit stuff is ok. Basically just waterproof windbreaker like material. The storm-fit Elite stuff is all I wear here in Seattle. Find last year's model's pretty cheap on ebay. Runs pretty big so I size down.

I really like my Mizuno Impermalite suit. I got it as a gift, so no clue on the price.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

I really like my Mizuno Impermalite suit. I got it as a gift, so no clue on the price.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

I have a couple of the imperalite tops and agree they are really good

I really enjoy both Cross and Second Skin

If Galvin Green or other GoreTex gear is too much then I would recommend adidas ClimaProof Storm

Back