Putters on display at tour events

dustin8538

Reaction score
Handicap
Ughhhh
I am sure many of you have seen the clubs, specifically putters that various vendors have set up for demo at tour events. I will use Scotty Cameron for example. Can the tour players just come up, grab a new circle t, roll it and put it in the bag??? How does that work

I am sure many of you have seen the clubs, specifically putters that various vendors have set up for demo at tour events. I will use Scotty Cameron for example. Can the tour players just come up, grab a new circle t, roll it and put it in the bag??? How does that work
It varies from company to company, and I’ve no doubt part of it hinges on your status and who you are. That said, SC has the most play because of its winners pool. Ironically, even then, their play isn’t nearly as large as that of Odyssey.

From listening to a podcast interview with Scotty, I believe you can try it and use it but if you want a different one then you have to exchange it with the original one you were using. Basically on loan.
He told some stories of some cheeky players trying to hoard and basically having to tell them off! Haha

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

the time i was inside the ropes, different companies had a tour bag set up, with a ton of putters leaned up against the bag and a rep standing there to answer any questions. players could come up and grab something if they wanted to.

Just curious. Did not know if they had to work out a deal or just grab what they liked and put it in the bag. I can imagine with SC's folks prolly want to hoard those with their value

It varies from company to company, and I’ve no doubt part of it hinges on your status and who you are. That said, SC has the most play because of its winners pool. Ironically, even then, their play isn’t nearly as large as that of Odyssey.
I love SC's and have had many of them but just cannot move to one. Odyssey just works for me and I have become quite the Callaway/Odyssey fanboy as of late

My local pro has played in PGA events and he mentioned that he was able to take a putter if he wanted it, while playing in the event. He has some old school SC Circle Ts from events he played in.

My local pro has played in PGA events and he mentioned that he was able to take a putter if he wanted it, while playing in the event. He has some old school SC Circle Ts from events he played in.
thats so cool!

Back