Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 292 58.9%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 160 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
Hoping to join soon. Problems with my membership application. Hoping to get that straightened out this year.

Would use one more often if the courses down here were more walkable in general.

Would use one more often if the courses down here were more walkable in general.
What makes your courses not walkable? Florida golf is flat

courses built in neighborhoods tend to have some long stretches between greens and the next tee box.

Oh hell yeah. Love my Clicgear 8. With a few exceptions on some hilly courses around here, I run the Clic as much as possible ( under normal conditions ).

20200419_125435_HDR.jpg

Neighborhood courses can sometimes give you a couple hundred yards of walking between green to tee. I mean it's not impossible, but 90's temp, high humidity, and then that? Bit of a rude day.

I dont have a pushcart, but I have been considering getting one for a few years. Maybe this year is the year.

I put part-time because I love to carry too.

Absolutely. Lifetime member.

I really needed a fourth option I am a no for now but considering it. I do feel like it makes me seem old but I know my back would appreciate it by the end of the round. I do like the flexibility of going anywhere with a bag I think you lose a bit of that with a cart.

I like my women hot, my beer cold and carry your own bag! My feeling here is if your walking for exercise, the bag gives you a better workout. I will never(never say never) use a push cart.

But why? What am I missing?
I have no ambition to walk, I'm not lazy, I walked everyday from the age of 15-23 a million holes from high school golf to college golf, every summer from sun up to sun down. I'm done walking. Flat out.

I have no ambition to walk, I'm not lazy, I walked everyday from the age of 15-23 a million holes from high school golf to college golf, every summer from sun up to sun down. I'm done walking. Flat out.
Oh, I get that. I thought this was going to be a disagreement based on wanting to carry your own bag. But if you don’t wanna walk, yeah totally on board.

A little bit of a side note, I have a good friend who is a back doctor and he saw me carry my bag one time. He quickly got me out of that habit and into a pushcart or riding.

I’m gonna be a part times. Our course is a long tough walk. It’s the only way to play currently so I’m in. I’ll walk a few rounds a month and definitely when I play 9 after work.

Bagboy Triswivel 2 here. Would much rather push cart than ride in a cart. Getting in golf and exercise all at the same time. Win win.

Have been a member since c.2005.

Hell yeah!

I remember having to borrow my Dad's pushcart before they were cool. I had hurt my back and was playing in a multi-day tournament. Probably 10+ years ago. I was the only guy in the event using one. I liked the back relieving benefit so much that I bought one for myself. Back then, it seemed the only people that used them were of an older demographic. Fast forward to now, and the only people that I see carrying their bags are either highschool or college golfers. And, even some of them are pushing a cart.

There are a few courses in my area that are almost impossible to walk due to elevation changes and distance from green to the next tee. However, I walk most of my rounds, but I interchange between an electric cart and a pushcart.

Part-timer here. I have a BagBoy Quad that I got several years ago after breaking my shoulder racing dirt bikes, and its a great push cart. Really like walking with a push cart, but like others have mentioned, a lot of the courses I play just aren't walking courses. Even worse, some charge the same fee whether you use a cart or not, no walking fee, so its easy to just get the cart instead of walking since you're paying for it anyway. :confused2:

Have been for a while and I tried to go legit (carrying) but covid means no water jugs on the course and I need to drink a lot of water during a round. So I am back to the clicgear 8.0 and am carrying 72+ ounces of water each time I go out.

Took my Clic back out yesterday and remembered how much I actually love it. It also got me wondering, THP’ers, are you a member of the illustrious Push Cart Mafia? Maybe a part timer? A no way in hell-er?

Poll is attached!
Need an extra choice, waiting to join!

Mine has been rolling for over 95% of the rounds I have played in the 5+ years I have owned it.

IMG_20200419_150122.jpg

I guess the putter cover has a double meaning...

the bag.jpg

Back