Puma Phantomcat Nitro Golf Shoes

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Today, Puma Golf is announcing the release of their newest pair of golf shoes, Phantomcat Nitro. We’ve seen a great deal of love for the Alphacats that preceded this new offering, and it appears that Puma has spent considerable energy into delivering another shoe with both high-end comfort and stability.

Continue reading...

Great writeup @Hawk ! I saw these in person at the PGA Superstore this last Thursday when I was in there waiting on my irons to be checked/adjusted. These look really good!

Nice write-up @Hawk. Will definitely give these a look, I'm not sure how they will make them more comfortable than the alphacats, but if they did then I need to pick these up.

These will definitely get a look.

Great sneak peak and write up on these @hawk The new features are interesting and I would have to say the Flexspike is something we have seen before. As for the colorway I would have to stick with the all white as I don’t like how the colors on the back of the shoe mesh.

I'm sure these are comfortable as any other Puma golf shoe I've had. I just don't really dig the looks of them.

Really like the look and can't wait to hear about comfort and the new spikes!

Very nice @Hawk . I love the styling and the look of what they've done the "spikes"/tread.

I can even swallow the price, but I really hope they make them with the disc closure, otherwise I'm out.

I do like simple blend of athletic and dress these seem to pull off.

Awesome write up @Hawk I have looked puma shoes since I started golfing and I bet these will be no exception.

I like those, but the wife might hurt me if I bring another pair of shoes home

1000054871.jpg

1000054644.jpg

1000054643.jpg

1000057384.jpg

Woohoo!! It's finally time!

I've been putting these through their paces and I'm a big fan!

Traction - The new Flexspike is really interesting. Sound is a little louder than I would have guessed on sidewalks and parking lots, grips like crazy on swings, and haven't noticed a single mark on a green so far. Not that I'm known for doing that, but still. And the grip on swings was so good in the muck when I got them that it actually spooked me and me wonky lead knee a bit.

Comfortable - No heel issues I saw with some of their shoes last year. That was kind of a non-starter for me with them. Light. They've been in my shoe bag for a while and it's weird but I actually notice that compared to the pair that's normally in there when I carry them

Waterproof - Waterproof upper, but not coated so I imagine will wear like normal white leather over longer time period. That was my biggest disappoint if I'm being honest. Part of why my original Alphas are still going strong is because of that coating. I can't imagine these will last as many rounds, and I am known for scratching through the other shoe's leather with my opposing sole. I always seen to accidentally rub them across each other. Hasn't happened yet with these, but feels a little inevitable.

I don't run around the clubhouse and lots as much as some so it'll take some serious time to figure out how the spikes wear. Wife spotted these on Amazon late last year and they've had a bunch of rounds, but not enough to judge there. They're a pretty hard material though.

Last edited:
My Alphas are getting a little beat up and I'm not sure I've ever had a pair of shoes I liked better. Definitely will be excited to get these on my feet sometime in the future.

I’m a fan of the leather upper so I’m glad they have these out there. Guess my favorite color option is the red navy and white. Sole pattern is definitely interesting looking.

These look clean to me. Obviously I'm a Puma shoe homer so these likely will be had in either the white/blue or white/gray

Very clean. Likely the next one to add to my streak of Puma shoes.

These look clean to me. Obviously I'm a Puma shoe homer so these likely will be had in either the white/blue or white/gray
Orrrr perhaps a Limited Edition/PTC at some point too??

Only if its teal and pink.... or paradise blue with palm trees :cool:
Feel like we need a Volition pair, very heavy on the Red. Possibly a Blue Sole.

Also wish they had gone the Puma on the side vs the wave.

Oh my! :love:

Great write up and insight @Hawk . I just bought two pair of golf shoes but if I was in the market, these would be at the top of my list. I like the look and design along with the spike pattern

the sole is unique, but the design looks so good

they look nice. I would try them on, never had a pair of puma shoes, outside of sneakers back in the day.

Back