Pondering Graphite Shafts

Def get fit, There are so many good options and Opinions are like u know.

Recoil Darts are great
KBS TGI/PGI's are great too
MMT's are popular also.

A fitting is the only way your really going to know what works best.

Alright, I've read through all 36 pages of the Dart V thread and then his one. The only graphite option available to test was the 125x Axiom, and that wasn't a great fit. Felt bendy and went left. I was thinking of the Dart V's but that thread got me scared with the universal agreement that they are a very active shaft. Anyone with 102+ 7i CHS or 125+ driver CHS have any success with graphite iron shafts? Seems like just about everyone on here has tested some at one point or another.

Alright, I've read through all 36 pages of the Dart V thread and then his one. The only graphite option available to test was the 125x Axiom, and that wasn't a great fit. Felt bendy and went left. I was thinking of the Dart V's but that thread got me scared with the universal agreement that they are a very active shaft. Anyone with 102+ 7i CHS or 125+ driver CHS have any success with graphite iron shafts? Seems like just about everyone on here has tested some at one point or another.
The 125x are one of the boardiest graphite shafts I've tested. My driver CHS maxed is 116, so I'm not able to help much especially if you think the axioms are bendy

@OldandStiff might have something else he could recommend as he's tested a ton

Maybe what Bryson uses with the LA Golf shafts?

Oof. That's moving it dude. Faster than me.

I'm an X100 type guy. Always get fit into that stuff. To me the Dart V were the most active by a decent margin and I struggled with them. I can play the MMT 125 TX okay. The tip section is a little crazy though and some don't like it. SteelFiber i125cw X feels the most like heavy steel to me and I can play it fine. Stable, but has a different feel than most. Kind of lifeless. And feels heavy in a weird way. Axiom 125X is again not quite my profile and takes some timing. Has a big load feel. Like the graphite relative of Modus 120/PX LZ. Which aren't a great fit for me. LA Golf L Series 120X worked pretty well for me in the beginning of my graphite journey but I didn't want to pay for it. Revisited recently and have a set coming. Results mirrored early ones where I time it pretty well and can hit the shots I want. I can bounce between it and mine the easiest compared to the others, which I think is a sign of a better fit as well. We'll see. 🤷🏻

Last edited:
Oof. That's moving it dude. Faster than me.

I'm an X100 type guy. Always get fit into that stuff. To me the Dart V were the most active by a decent margin and I struggled with them. I can play the MMT 125 TX okay. The tip section is a little crazy though and some don't like it. SteelFiber i125cw X feels like most like heavy steel to me and I can play it fine. Stable, but has a different feel than most. Kind of lifeless. And feels heavy in a weird way. Axiom 125X is again not quite my profile and takes some timing. Has a big load feel. Like the graphite relative of Modus 120/PX LZ. Which aren't a great fit for me. LA Golf L Series 120X worked pretty well for me in the beginning of my graphite journey but I didn't want to pay for it. Revisited recently and have a set coming. Results mirrored early ones where I time it pretty well and can hit the shots I want. I can bounce between it and mine the easiest compared to the others, which I think is a sign of a better fit. We'll see. 🤷🏻
Appreciate the insight. I'm in my mid-30's but getting a touch faster every year thanks to Next Gear Golf. I like your description of the Axiom - big load feel is right. I've been in x100's forever but it's not a great fit anymore. The Accra iSteel Red was perfect for me, but it's heavy and steel - a combination I would love to get away from if possible. I might have to bite the bullet and stick with steel. Maybe just put some dampeners in the shaft. The LA's are very interesting but the price is so hard to swallow. They have they have the L-series TX version but I can't find many people who have tried it.

I think golf is the last sport not to go 100% graphite shafts. Tennis. hockey, badminton, squash, racket ball. Not quite sure why we are still on steel. I've used graphite for 6 years - great fit - great results - really feels like it helps. Give it a go.

Unpopular but try a KBS PGI kinda heavy but still light, I like them

Back