Pinehurst Resort Courses

Good morning!
Just as any FYI, course 1 is currently 16 holes since the main entrance for the US Open will be on holes 1 and 18 (including the main merch tent), so they have them closed already.
I have not played 10 (it is not available to members currently so I would need to book a stay-and-play package which makes no sense since I live here). I also have not played 7 or 9 since they are not in my package.

If you can get in and play 4, 8 or 10 (plus the Cradle) and throw in a round on #3, it would certainly be worth your time. All of those are stay-and-play only except for 3 and the Cradle (1 and 5 can also be booked the day before without staying on property).
If I had to rank the courses in our membership, I would generally go:
4 (just love the layout)
1 (when it's not 16 holes)

That’s the one I was thinking of then! I’ll have to play it on my next trip down
Yeah it's off in the sticks it feels almost like you're not even at Pinehurst but still at Pinehurst if that makes sense.

Yeah it's off in the sticks it feels almost like you're not even at Pinehurst but still at Pinehurst if that makes sense.
8 is so so good...and I haven't seen it since the reno...gotta imagine it's off the charts now

It’s crazy how much good golf is in the area

4&5 are worth the trip, the new #10 is open I think. The Cradle is supposed to be awesome.

Off property but close is Mid Pines, a real gem of a Ross course, and Country Club of Southern Pines also. LOTS of good courses in the area. Well worth the trip regardless of time of year.

8 is so so good...and I haven't seen it since the reno...gotta imagine it's off the charts now
I never played before the renovation, but now that we are more than a year post renovation, the greens are now softer and will not reject a ball that lands on the surface!

The clubhouse is fantastic as well.

4&5 are worth the trip, the new #10 is open I think. The Cradle is supposed to be awesome.

Off property but close is Mid Pines, a real gem of a Ross course, and Country Club of Southern Pines also. LOTS of good courses in the area. Well worth the trip regardless of time of year.
To me, 5 is more like a nice muni course. I mean, it's still good, but not like the others. I still enjoy playing it and I have my favorite holes and all, but it's not as good as 2, 4 or 8. 1 offers a better challenge than 5 and has one of the hardest par 3's in the area with #12 which plays uphill at ~220 yards from the whites and ~235 from the blues.

As for other really good courses in the area that you can play, everyone says Mid Pines, Pine Needles and Southern Pines (all owned by the Bell family). Behind that would be Mid South and Talamore, then you get to Legacy, Longleaf, Hyland...

Oh, and if you don't mind a 30 minute drive towards Raleigh, Tobacco Road is a blast and Quail Ridge is on the way there and it supposed to be o.k.

Back