Pine Dunes Golf (TX) Weekend Gathering Info

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Pine Dunes Golf Club

Been talking about doing this for years so guess it's time to see! Who’s interested and/or IN?! I’m going to try & lay all this out as simple as possible because there are some layers & price categories so if you have any questions please post away and myself or @Jank will do our best to answer. Looking to get at least 8 players but could grow to 12 based on interest. This will be a stay & play; 3 days / 2 nights. Options are as follows:

Normal green fees (Fri-Sun) $140
Twilight rate (Fri-Sun): $90

Potential dates (Fri-Sun)IF we decide to stay on property:
  1. October 20-22
  2. October 27-29
  3. November 3-5
  4. November 10-12
Rooms

Double Eagle (DE) are their newest additions and appear quite nice. They are also more expensive than their older housing. $495/night sleeps 2.

The Doubles (older units) sleeps 2. $139/night

The Singles (older units) sleeps 1. $109/night (Looks like there might be 2 beds in each room.

Rooms available those weekends:
  1. October 20-22 (9 DE units)
  2. October 27-29 (9 DE units)
  3. November 3-5 (2 Doubles, 6 singles, 10 DE units)
  4. November 10-12 (2 doubles , 10 DE units)
Golf Fees

If you stay in the Doubles or Singles you must purchase the golf package at $399. This gives you 4 rounds of golf (Fri-Sun) plus breakfast Sat/Sun.

If you stay in the DE you do not have to purchase the golf package & can purchase 1-4 rounds separately. If you plan to play at least 3-4 rounds then it sounds like the $399 package might be the better option still.

Lunch / Dinners

Lunch & Dinners can be purchased ahead of time if needed. Lunch includes a burger bar ($17.95) or box lunch ($15.95). Dinner includes a steak ($34.95), BBQ ($32.95) or Fajitas ($30.95) per person.

Player breakdown

DE stay: Approx. $960 ($495, $399, 2 dinners at $33)

Double stay: Approx. $604 ($139, $399, 2 dinners at $33)

Singles stay: Approx. $683 ($109, $109, $399, 2 dinners at $33)

Jank & I also discussed a vrbo option. Price goes from $2,300 ($290/person), $1,800 ($225), 1,200 ($150) for multiple houses that sleep 10-15 & that are less than 30 minutes away from course. This would be on more of the south end of Lake Palestine. *Price based on 8 people staying.

VRBO price breakdown

$645 approx. ($225, 3 rounds at $140 each) *Price based on 8 people staying.

So right now we want to get a feel for the dates given, leaning on stay at course or vrbo option & rounds of golf. Looking for 8 but 12 would work. Who's interested? Out of State included!

@mikeg_74
@stevie-a
@chasDog
@Slowmo
@Bryndom
@badolds
@Wildcat
@tanker337
@baylrballa

I know I forgot some guys!!! Apologies

I’d love to do this but the dates just don’t work for me.

I’d love to do this but the dates just don’t work for me.
No worries (and I knew I forgot to tag some people! Ha). We will get at least 8 as @Jank has guys from his weekend group that will probably be interested in playing if we need. But opening it up here first. (y)

Sounds fun would be date dependent for me.

I'm in, but the only date that works for me are the November 10-12. I will go with whatever lodging options the majority want to agree on.

Just the November dates work for me.

If any out of state-ers fly into IAH or HOU, I can pick you up to head to Pine Dunes.

The Nov 10-12 are the only dates that work for me, but with the Srixon experience earlier that week the wife might object and the wallet might object depending on how crazy I go in the pro shop at Briggs Ranch.

This is pretty awesome. I can’t come but I would love to and if this becomes a thread I will follow along.

Pines Dunes is a pretty good track. Has some fun holes!

Yea, received a few texts already and seems like the November weeks are looking like the leaders. Also just to keep in mind the Nov. 3-5 does have the cheaper option of single/double rooms so can save not staying in the DE (although they do look nice, ha!)

So I think the biggest question that is out there is would people that attend rather stay onsite at the golf course or stay 30 minutes away in a vrbo?

Dates are looking rough except maybe last week October, but I'll keep an eye in here if something changes.

We are planning on driving to Pine Dunes on Friday, November 10th and playing 36 holes on Saturday, November 11th.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Right now, I think that myself, @Nate, and @mikeg_74 are firm commits.

We are planning on driving to Pine Dunes on Friday, November 10th and playing 36 holes on Saturday, November 11th.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Right now, I think that myself, @Nate, and @mikeg_74 are firm commits.
Oh yea!!! We’re just gonna grab a local hotel Friday evening. Hang out, tell lies then golf. W/ @Jank local Houston group I’m sure we’ll get at least 2 groups…maybe more.

@chasDog
@stevie-a

I should probably add @Wildcat since you never know when he’ll get an itch he needs to scratch! I’m sure we could find a reputable course to play Sunday before your exit. 🤷‍♂️

Just driving up Friday night and playing 36 on Saturday? Staying Saturday night or coming back?

Just driving up Friday night and playing 36 on Saturday? Staying Saturday night or coming back?
Everyone headed back home after the 36. I mean guys could stay again Sat night somewhere but I’m not planning that.

Sheet only 2 hours from me. Need to at least run it by the boss I think.

Sheet only 2 hours from me. Need to at least run it by the boss I think.
Kind of what I’m thinking too. I wouldn’t be able to leave until after work Friday evening

@Jank what’s the price breakdown looking like?

Welp we have Christmas pictures that Saturday.

I Want To Die The End GIF by SWR3

@Jank what’s the price breakdown looking like?

Golf will be $139 for the first round and $70 for the second.

Lodging costs will depend on where we decide to stay. I think most AirBnB have a 2 night min, so we might have to stay at a hotel nearby.

Looking to probably stay in Palestine, TX….more options (not by much) & 22 min from course.

Looking to probably stay in Palestine, TX….more options (not by much) & 22 min from course.
some better options in Tyler and it's closer i think

Back