PGA Tour Player Sponsor Changes in 2019

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
With the last PGA season come and gone and some massive changes to the schedule for the next season, we are bound to see some PGA players switching OEMs and other sponsors, and we are seeing some signs already.

A thread already popped up with Gary Woodland touting some Puma gear.

Justin Rose is rumored to be on the move to Honma, potentially.

Feel free to add and discuss as the announcements are made in the coming months. Pictures rule and if it is just a rumor or speculation, please note that.

nice thread pluffy these are always fun to see from year to year

So did Woodland not already have some arrangement with Puma? I saw him wearing folds of honor gear (that was made by Puma) at several events this year.

Nick Watney used to be a Nike guy. He showed up in Malaysia rocking a Titleist hat and RLX apparel. I'm pretty sure he had a mixed bag in play as well.

Nick Watney used to be a Nike guy. He showed up in Malaysia rocking a Titleist hat and RLX apparel. I'm pretty sure he had a mixed bag in play as well.

He’s playing Mizuno irons and Titleist ball. Not sure about woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodland has been in Puma kit for a little while, but JB did mention somewhere else that there might be some changes for him this year. No idea what clubs he was using.

Looks like the move to Mizuno irons is helping N Watney overseas in the overseas tournament the 1st round.

Good thread I’m a fan of these, fun seeing where guys are going and what they end up in

This will be fun to spot

not sure if these are new sponsorships but...

Sean O'hair to Titleist
Cameron Tringale to Taylormade
Andres Romero to Callaway.

Nice thread, it'll be a fun follow.

Chris Kirk signs with Mizuno. He used to be with PXG.

Chris Kirk signs with Mizuno. He used to be with PXG.

Do you know if it's full bag or just irons? Before PXG I think he was Callaway.

Do you know if it's full bag or just irons? Before PXG I think he was Callaway.

Sounds like irons, wedges and the new st-190 driver from the Mizuno page

Interesting story, as Chucky 3 Sticks wins before his new sponsor can even announce him. Leaving PXG and signing with Titleist and his first time out with the new sticks, picks up a win.

Interesting story, as Chucky 3 Sticks wins before his new sponsor can even announce him. Leaving PXG and signing with Titleist and his first time out with the new sticks, picks up a win.

What a huge win for him - has to feel like a massive weight has been lifted. Another top 10 for cam champ, and I’m really happy to see GMac in better form. Good stuff!

I was really happy to see him get the win. He is a great guy. It was fun to be out there this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What a huge win for him - has to feel like a massive weight has been lifted. Another top 10 for cam champ, and I’m really happy to see GMac in better form. Good stuff!

I walked inside the ropes with GMac today. It was fun to watch him up close and listen to the back and forth with his caddie.

I walked inside the ropes with GMac today. It was fun to watch him up close and listen to the back and forth with his caddie.

That’s so cool man - he’s been my favorite guy out there for awhile now and I know he’s been working really hard to get back. Maybe you were a good luck charm??

That’s so cool man - he’s been my favorite guy out there for awhile now and I know he’s been working really hard to get back. Maybe you were a good luck charm??

Good luck charm...that must be me!! LOL He was great! He made sure to shake our hands and thanked us for coming out to volunteer.

Mizuno is gaining speed. If this new driver is all they say it is...well maybe they will gain some followers as well.
I switched to RBladez after wife made the call to get some new clubs. Pretty happy so far. But the Mizuno butter feel is missing...

We were having a conversation at worked and someone asked who I would like to be if I were a pro and I said Howell. Who? The guy just plays and keeps his card year after year and can go to diner with the wife and kids without paparazzi in tow or some guy wanting an autograph or selfie with him. Plus he gets to play a game he loves. Glad to see the equipment change is working out.

I think the story this year is the inroads smaller brands will have in the driver market. Mizuno, Srixon, Cobra, and well basically everyone has a driver that not only looks good but performs. Combined with Taylormade acknowledging that they are cutting back on tour, and the fact the smaller brands really want to expand their reach, i think we'll see some big swings in driver counts.

With more free agents as well, I think iron counts for srixon, Wilson, and mizuno will increase with taylormade/titleist taking the biggest hits.

Callaway has accumulated an extremely large staff over the past few years, I wonder how many people they continue to sign on. Signing both Xander and Sergio last year had to cost quite a bit and I'm not sure what they have to gain.

Callaway has accumulated an extremely large staff over the past few years, I wonder how many people they continue to sign on. Signing both Xander and Sergio last year had to cost quite a bit and I'm not sure what they have to gain.

THe interesting note is that Callaway doesn't spend nearly the amount that Titleist or TaylorMade have paid and this year, most likely will still be lower than both of them.

THe interesting note is that Callaway doesn't spend nearly the amount that Titleist or TaylorMade have paid and this year, most likely will still be lower than both of them.

Wow, I wouldn't of guessed that but when I think about it taylormade has a lot of expensive players and a lot of old small metal wood deals. Titleist has the golf ball and an extremely large staff for clubs as well.

How does Ping compare? Also, which company has the most unexpected stat for sponsorships?

Back