PGA championship app - why?

pumbaa

Need more golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They dropped an app trying to be like the masters but don't include streaming...seems pointless to me.
Screenshot_20240419-141930.png

Advertising?

I mean they’ve had the app in the past. Looks like they added some other things. But as for the streaming, it’s likely because they use ESPN+ to stream coverage. Which starts at 7AM Thursday and Friday of that tournament.

I mean they’ve had the app in the past. Looks like they added some other things. But as for the streaming, it’s likely because they use ESPN+ to stream coverage. Which starts at 7AM Thursday and Friday of that tournament.
I guess I never knew they had an app but without streaming it seems kind of pointless.

I downloaded it last year but that was because I went to the tournament. It was useful for being on property.

I always download it. Pretty sure you could watch using it previous years.

Why not? Just because it doesn't have streaming, there might be some good information on it.

To collect data.

Why not? Just because it doesn't have streaming, there might be some good information on it.
Like in the past, probably just links to ESPN for everything.

Besides to collect data the TV contracts may have a clause why they can't do what the Masters do. The TV networks need you to see their inundation of commercials.

Of course LIV doesn't have any real TV networks to answer to so they can offer any shot any time and group following streams.

The Masters does good because they don’t mind giving away content. The other 3 majors use their content as a revenue stream.

The Masters does good because they don’t mind giving away content. The other 3 majors use their content as a revenue stream.

The Masters seems to create renuvue very well without having tons of commercials. Not sure how they do it, but I would like it if the PGA followed their model with less commercials. Lol.

Back