Percentages - Walking vs. Riding

What percentage of your rounds are walking rounds?

• 100% - I never ride

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 95-99% - I ride only when a course or my playing partners require riding

Votes: 32 31.4%
  • 60-94% - I would rather walk but sometimes circumstances make riding the best/only choice

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • 40-59% - I walk quite a bit but often ride

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • 5-39% - I prefer riding but walking is fine at times

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • 1-4% - I am a rider unless walking is required

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • 0% - I do not walk either by choice or as required by the course(s)

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Something else - please describe (e.g. you are a speed golfer and run)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
60-94% for me. I mostly walk in scrambles or on vacation. Try to walk here in the summer, though it’s not always easy.

I walk most of the time, unless the course requires it....I rode twice when we were in Florida (required); since I got home, I think I've waked 7 straight rounds.
It's one of the best exercises you can get, and at age 78, I've been walking the course for about 65 years, with the assistance of a 3 wheeled cart, of course!

I usually walk once per week until the temps climb then it is carts for the summer months.

I put 40-59%. I walk when it’s cool enough to do so here in Houston. Once it gets in the upper 80s with 75% humidity walking starts to get tough. I usually start walking in November when football season ends and it starts to get too hot sometime in may or June.

I always walk at my home course except sometimes I ride for the last 9 when I’m playing 27 or 36 holes. When I play the resort courses near our lake place I ride because it’s included and the distance between the green and tee is over 400 yards on a couple holes. I’ll also ride if the heat index is 90+.

If I'm doing it right I have a cart every round.

I’m walking every round unless I’m on vacation or the course is too stretched out that makes walking miserable.

I prefer to walk (lately carrying a light bag is easier on the body than a push cart) but have yielded, with great reluctance, to reality. The back back starts to get angry to the point where I begin to swing differently. I still walk for things like 9 hole league rounds, but for an 18 hole round I am mostly riding a cart. I even paid for a cart pass this season.

I usually just play 9 holes solo and enjoy walking. I only play 18 if I'm with others, and 95% of the time they want a cart.

I'm 100% riding.

I walk as much as feasible. I think it helps me stay a little more focused, and slow down and enjoy the process.

95-99%, only cart when playing 36 in one day usually on a buddy’s trip.

I walk unless it’s a golf trip or riding is the only option

Walk as much as I can. Summer heat limits the walk and jump on a cart. Also play less golf in summer so I’m in the 60%+ camp.

I walk pretty much every round and only took a cart 1 round last year. I much prefer walking and dont really enjoy taking a cart that much. I will only take a cart if I have to.

Generally I prefer using my push cart but I have a bad case of plantar fasciitis that popped up over the winter so hoping my foot can tolerate walking otherwise a cart it is.

Would much rather walk but on the North Shore of L.I. there are alot of hills so in the summer- love that cart.

From the 70's to the 2010's I walked and carried my bag unless the 90/90 rule was in play, so in MI that was only a couple rounds per year I rode. (90F, 90% humidity)
Now days I ride on every league and on weekends because thats what all my buddies do. I walk an 18 hole P&P carrying a pencil bag once a a week or so.

I’m probably 60/40 nowadays

Probably walk about half my rounds. Ideally I'd walk more rounds but a lot of the courses I play are carts only.

I’d say 90%, the rest is league and such after a long day at work.

Up until a year ago I walked 99% of my rounds. Now, due to some physical limitations, I have to ride. On the one hand it really bums me out, but on the other if it wasn't for carts I wouldn't be able to play golf at all.

Back