Pepsi replaces Sierra Mist with…Starry?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else see this? I just heard about this and had to see if anyone else thought it was as dumb as I think it is. What a horrible name.

Well Siera Mist was awful so, I’m good with it.

As long as it mixes with whiskey well, idgaf what they name it.

Well that's interesting, can't say as though I'll miss Sierra Mist all that much. Also won't be drinking Starry. Name like that I'd guess I'm well outside the target demographic 😂

Yea I've already seen it in my grocery store and wal mart. It's been out for maybe a month in our area. I agree on it being an awful name haha.

They had to do something though I'm pretty sure Sprite's slapped Sierra Mist around like a...

I’ve been told it tastes like Sierra Mist

Oh that’s what it is? I’ve been seeing it around but I’m not a soda drinker so I’m kinda out of the loop.

What was Sierra Mist before Sierra Mist?

Heard this morning they are trying to compete with Sprite. Felt like Sierra Mist wasn't getting it, so Starry supposedly has more of a citrus flavor. 🤷‍♂️

Oddly, I don't hate this?

Stupid name. So they went from Sierra Mist to Mist Twist then back to Sierra Mist and now Starry. Sprite is to Pepsi like Mt. Dew is to Coke. No matter how much either tries, they will not top them.

Last edited:
nothing tastes like a refreshing sprite

Make it a cherry Starry Zero and you have my attention

Please don’t mock me, but some Bullet Rye in with some Starry. Pleasantly surprised.

My oldest kid was an earlier adopter of Starry and says it’s great. She is a Sprite fan, and also 11 so take that for what it’s worth.

Please don’t mock me, but some Bullet Rye in with some Starry. Pleasantly surprised.
You do you, and like what you like. Starry not Starry.

It's hard to believe they could come up with a worse name than Sierra Mist, but they've managed to do it.

I was wondering about this. I have had it, and liked it.

Anyone else see this? I just heard about this and had to see if anyone else thought it was as dumb as I think it is. What a horrible name.

I won’t knock it til I try it, but I will say it seems like these soft drinks companies seems to be going after Gen Z consumers hard in similar ways. This seems eerily similar to Coca-Cola last year launching “Starlight” soda…

Back