drp3434

I'm either golfing or wishing I was golfing
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright Freddie, hoping you can help me out. I've got six weeks until this golf event :D, so I don't want to do any major changes. Wondering if there's any smaller adjustments you can help me with so I'm not making big swing changes leading up to it. My two big things that cause issues for me, I think, are lower body movement and over rotating my backswing. I've been extra bad off the tee lately. Have some 7 iron videos (first two), and driver videos (second two).

Edit: I used to know how to embed these I thought...

one thing that standsout to me is not shifting weight in the backswing and a majority of your weight ends up on your front leg.

I know freddie will get you squared away.

Here you go Drp:

Thank you sir! I used the video thingy online. What'd I do wrong? Do I actually need to copy the address from the bar up top, and not the share link from the youtube page?

one thing that standsout to me is not shifting weight in the backswing and a majority of your weight ends up on your front leg.

I know freddie will get you squared away.
Wonder if this is why I have a negative AOA with my driver...

Thank you sir! I used the video thingy online. What'd I do wrong? Do I actually need to copy the address from the bar up top, and not the share link from the youtube page?

Yeah, you have to use the address bar addy now and not the share link. No problemo dude.

911d753f9f682df3009669c413f5cf3f.jpg

b8cd9a3c35c322bd056af5b2125f1926.jpg

21c1680db41eb5d056eeecf4852657a6.jpg

I will expand after we celebrate my son's birthday

Oh man I love it! Thank you Freddie. You enjoy your son's birthday!

From my understanding that is correct. Freddie already has made some comments so will leave the fixing to him.
Appreciate the tip!

Alright Freddie. Today was the first time I had a chance to work on the things you've pointed out. I started pretty rough, hit a good amount of shanks, but I think I finished OK. Still a long long way to go obviously. Finding it pretty hard to have my hands drop and not come over the top. Here's my three last swings of the range session.

P.S. My core muscles hate you :D , particularly my left side. They've been bailed out my entire golfing career by my active lower body.

[video=youtube;9s-tEzaaaKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s-tEzaaaKI[/video]

Start lining up your irons off the center to the toe. You are leading with the hosel on the down swing and this should give you a center strike vs the dreaded lateral. The legs look so much better and the angle into the swing is spot on. we need to get you releasing the club. I am not talking about casting but allow the arms to swing through the ball. I think there is a bit of hit in your swing and would like to see more swing in your swing. Trust the move and allow those hips to provide the speed you need. It is all there we just need to tie it all together.

Thank you, good to know I did improve on some of it. I will try that with the alignment. Should I try that with all clubs or just irons?

For the hit and swing part. Are you saying I am hitting at the ball and not swinging through it and just let the ball get in the way of my swing? (Heard it worded like that before I think)

The club should feel effortless if you are swinging. Almost zero weight going through the hit zone.

Try the new alignment with all your clubs
Thank you, good to know I did improve on some of it. I will try that with the alignment. Should I try that with all clubs or just irons?

For the hit and swing part. Are you saying I am hitting at the ball and not swinging through it and just let the ball get in the way of my swing? (Heard it worded like that before I think)

I don't know if this looks any different than the other day, but I figured I'd post up at least a video each time I get to work on this. Struggled yesterday on the range, just couldn't get comfortable. Still struggling with coming in steep on the downswing.

Freddie, I love you man. I've played 9 holes early in the morning at this one course the last three weeks. I've been struggling pretty bad. Today I didn't put up an amazing score, but even with a water ball that led to a triple bogey, I put up my best round by 5 strokes. Something clicked the last three holes, and I cannot wait to get back out there. The work continues!

Here's a swing from Wednesday. I'm getting more and more comfortable, and I feel like my takeaway and backswing are looking decent and getting me to a decent position. But I think I'm still struggling with throwing the club from the top and coming in steep.

Freddie, my man, how do you feel with where I'm at? Still can't get those hands back to the starting position...

Please tell me the only thing holding you back is ypur short game. That swing is right on point. Standing a little tall at impact but nothing major. Keep it up!!

Please tell me the only thing holding you back is ypur short game. That swing is right on point. Standing a little tall at impact but nothing major. Keep it up!!
Man it feels good to hear that. Been a grind to get it to that point. That swing hasn't seen the course yet. Finally got it there at the end of my range session today. Gonna continue working to get that consistently. Thank you!

Pretty solid day at the range today. Swing adjustments are feeling more and more comfortable. Had a few where I still stood a little and came in a little steep, but many more really solid swings. One thing I did notice, even on my bad swings now where I come in steep, it didn't look like the club head was coming outside of my hands on the downswing like before; at least not nearly as bad as before. Freddie, if we ever meet in person, you better watch out. I might slap a big wet one on ya.

Looking good Danny! I hear Gauntlet MVP coming your way! Keep it up. When we hitting the course?

Freddie, still a little tall at impact? Am I over swinging a little? Still struggling with that a little.

Back