SharkHat

Aquatic Headwear Fanatic
Reaction score
Handicap
My swing
This is a difficult post for me to write, and some may tell me that it's an unnecessary gesture, but I feel compelled to apologize and also put some information out there.

Shortly after the St Louis Tour Van stop, I disappeared from the forums. This happened to also be during the SeeMore M-Series testing for which I had been selected, which is a point of guilt for me.

In September my marriage took a significant turn for the worse. After only two years of marriage, things had gone in an ugly direction that is very difficult to describe. There were a number of factors that led to this, including financial problems and mental health. There were a mix of emotions running through me, shame at the thought of being a failure, fear of losing my wife and my son, thoughts that I must not be a good person (or why else would someone hate me so much).

This started to affect me deeply. It even soured my interaction with those of you who I was lucky to meet with at the Tour Stop. Even though I enjoyed that day immensely, there was still a dark cloud over everything in my mind. Shortly afterward, I retreated into a shell of introversion. I stopped participating in the forum, and did not meet my obligation as a forum tester. This led to an even greater sense of shame, and more seclusion. I did communicate some of these things to JB and Morgan at the time, and then retreated completely.

For that, I am truly sorry.

I am happy to say that things are improving at home now. My wife and I were at the edge of separating, but we have come back from that edge and are now better for it. Communication is improving, and happiness has returned to our household. I personally feel good about myself again, and am happy to be able to return to THP and find some friendly faces again.

-Dennis

He's still crazy though
-The Hat

Welcome back man. Life happens man. Glad to see you back around and glad that things at home are getting better. Just take one day at a time and enjoy life man.

Everybody screws up occasionally however it takes a man to admit it. I'm happy that your life is calming down now and I hope you and your family have a joyful Christmas and a much better 2013 :thumb:

Welcome back, SharkHat. As Dev said, life happens, and one can (and has to) deal with that first. Glad to have you back, and happy to hear things have turned around for the better.

Glad your back!!

I respect the fact that you've come forward and said what you have. Family first is a common theme here. And the fact that you were trying desperately to salvage that is totally understood. Welcome back and I'm happy that things are working out for you and your family. Happy Holidays to you and your family

Glad to hear its getting better for you Shark. It was a pleasure to meet you in St. Louis. You never have to apologize for dealing with life and we are just glad to hear that things are working out better.

Dennis - I was thinking about you the other day not knowing where you had been.

I am sorry to hear what you were dealing with but very happy to hear that things are looking much better.

Welcome back buddy!!

Glad to have you back, Shark. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you in St. Louis and I appreciate what you did for that stop, finding eats and hotels and such. Life happens and big ups to you for letting us know about it. Welcome back, dude.

Chin up Dennis, you were missed and we're glad you're back. The good news is it sounds like things are going well at home. That trumps all and is most important.

You don't have a squid on your head anymore. Great success!

I am glad to hear things are getting better, there is no need to apologize for dealing with family issues, those things happen. Glad to see you back.

Congrats on recognizing whats really important in life and handling that first. Not everyone has what it takes to hold a relationship together when it gets tough. Good lough with your personal life and hope you get to enjoy your thp and golf life also.

Glad to hear everything is getting better. As far as not being around the forum, you did what you should have been doing. Great job setting your priorities straight dude, glad to have you back and I hope things continue to get better for you!

Really glad to hear things are working better. Hope you stick around

I'm glad things are looking up for you. I don't think we've communicated much on this forum directly, but I did notice your absence. Not in a bad or neglectful way, I just noticed that guy with the shark hat wasn't around as much. Glad to see you're back, and congratulations on the progress you and your family have made.

Shark, it's great that you're back and greater still that you and your wife have managed to pull it all back together.

You need not apologize for choosing your marriage and your mental well-being over being here... Had you not made that choice, you wouldn't be the guy we've all grown to know and love.

spazz

Sorry about the rough patch but I'm glad things are going better. Welcome back!

Glad to have you back and even more important I'm glad your family situation is better!!!

Glad things are getting back in order for you Shark. Welcome back!

I'm glad your marriage is getting back on track. You owe us all about 30 mSeries reviews :D
Seriously, glad your life is falling back into place.

Been there, done that Dennis, yet I made all the wrong moves. Give me a pm and I'm available to tell you what NOT to do. Your a good guy, we're all in your corner!

I missed you buddy, I as so glad to read that things are coming together for you. I agree that no apology is necessary but I understand where you are coming from. God bless you and yours.

Dude that was an awesome post! I missed you around here and am glad to see you back

TapaTalk from the iPhone

As many have said, family is always first! I think it is great that you are working things out and 2013 looks to be moving in a positive direction for you and your family.

Glad you and the hat are back dude.

Back