Review OGIO PACE PRO 25 BACKPACK

Jeff Spicoli

Grandaddy X!!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mr. Hand
As part of The Grandaddy, THPers received an Ogio Pace Pro 25 Backpack that was packed with goodies courtesy of Callaway. I didn't see a thread dedicated to the Pace Pro so wanted to start a new one.

For those that are familiar, the Pace feels similar to the size and shape of the Travis Matthew 1st Class Backpack, which I've been using for the last year plus. Like the 1st Class, the Pace has a separate padded laptop compartment that I use for my work laptop. A nice feature on the Pace is that there is actually a separate, dedicated spot for a tablet so for those times you may have a both a laptop and tablet, they can fit securely in their own spot.

Within the main compartment of the Pace there is a hidden zipper within to keep any valuables, like a passport. The main compartment is quite large. I take a foam roller with me to work and it easily fits in there. There are two slip pockets as well for smaller items like books, snacks or whatever it may be.

One of my favorite features to the Pace is the expandable side water bottle pocket. I carry a large water bottle and I don't have to mess with trying to squeeze it in, especially if the backpack is full. It can be tightened or loosened as needed.

On either side of the backpack, there are two large zippered pockets as well.

The luggage pass-through makes it easy for travelers.

The front pocket is well-designed so it's easy to find a spot for pens, smaller items, or items that you need to have easy access. On top of the bag is a soft zippered pocket, which again, gives easy access to items you would need on a plane or at a desk.

I used the Pace for my carry-on from my trip back from California and the straps are super comfortable so no need to worry about the straps digging into your shoulders and they are easy to adjust. I am finding to The Pace to be a really well designed and well thought out bag that can be used for travel or work.

Thanks for sharing the link, OGIO makes great stuff and that pack looks great!

IMG_8039.jpegIMG_8038.jpegIMG_8040.jpegIMG_8037.jpegIMG_8036.jpegIMG_8035.jpegIMG_8034.jpegIMG_8033.jpegIMG_8031.jpeg

Been debating on a new backpack for a bit now. This one will definitely be in the running when I pull the trigger. Thanks for the write up

It really is a thoughtfully designed bag. I’ll share some more detailed thoughts but I was quite impressed. I mentioned in another thread that I used the OGIO to transfer home the picture the squad had made of my mom and I. It held up so well in the bag. I had my sunglasses in one of the side pockets and they made it with zero issue.

It was incredibly impressive how much the Callaway crew packed into the bag initially.

Been debating on a new backpack for a bit now. This one will definitely be in the running when I pull the trigger. Thanks for the write up
If you like having plenty of options for pockets, this is the bag for you, ha.

I'm still using my Ogio backpack that was given to me at the Grandaddy 2018 for every day work and travel, but I saw this and am eyeing it. Might be a birthday ask from the wife in Feb!

It really is a thoughtfully designed bag. I’ll share some more detailed thoughts but I was quite impressed. I mentioned in another thread that I used the OGIO to transfer home the picture the squad had made of my mom and I. It held up so well in the bag. I had my sunglasses in one of the side pockets and they made it with zero issue.

It was incredibly impressive how much the Callaway crew packed into the bag initially.
I love my Travis Matthew bag and had no intentions of replacing it anytime soon. This bag makes some changes that I really like and enjoy.

This bag is so well thought out. I too have quickly made it my work pack. Having traveled with it, I might become a person that always carries a personal item (this pack) on the plane with me.

I’m also still using my 2018 bag. Ogio makes really good products.

Ogio makes some really nice products. I love that color you guys got!

Don't really have a need for a backpack but this one looks and sounds great. Thanks for the detailed review

Great review, thanks for that.

My current Ogio is on its last legs, zippers on the extreme pockets are busting, haven't found a replacement as mine has the laptop section I can unzip from the main bag to speed up going through security.

This is a solid replacement/upgrade for sure.

I use a backpack every day to carry my work stuff around. I’m in the market for a new one so this will get a good look.

I've had this in my cart on Amazon ever since you guys got them. All the pockets look amazing. If I hadn't just ordered embroidered packpacks for my son and I through a booster club order, I'd probably have already ordered one. Have to wait in this bag to see if I'll use it for anything other than football stuff first, but these look great.

My Alpha 20L from the 21 Grandaddy gets used regularly and has held up fantastic. The durability has been very good with the Ogio backpacks.

@Jeff Spicoli thanks for this. My OGIO Alpha Convoy bag I got at the Odyssey Experience. It's held up well and no rips or tears, but It's time to replace it as my everyday bag.

I love how these still have the slots for the Mod pouches in the font.

@Jeff Spicoli thanks for this. My OGIO Alpha Convoy bag I got at the Odyssey Experience. It's held up well and no rips or tears, but It's time to replace it as my everyday bag.

I love how these still have the slots for the Mod pouches in the font.
You're welcome. Thanks for reading. Based on what I have seen from Ogio, I don't have any concerns for durability with this one.

As a guy shopping for a new backpack for work this is a very interesting backpack. i may have to pick one of these up. I like the small pocket for items like sticky notes and pens and so on.

As part of The Grandaddy, THPers received an Ogio Pace Pro 25 Backpack that was packed with goodies courtesy of Callaway. I didn't see a thread dedicated to the Pace Pro so wanted to start a new one.

For those that are familiar, the Pace feels similar to the size and shape of the Travis Matthew 1st Class Backpack, which I've been using for the last year plus. Like the 1st Class, the Pace has a separate padded laptop compartment that I use for my work laptop. A nice feature on the Pace is that there is actually a separate, dedicated spot for a tablet so for those times you may have a both a laptop and tablet, they can fit securely in their own spot.

Within the main compartment of the Pace there is a hidden zipper within to keep any valuables, like a passport. The main compartment is quite large. I take a foam roller with me to work and it easily fits in there. There are two slip pockets as well for smaller items like books, snacks or whatever it may be.

One of my favorite features to the Pace is the expandable side water bottle pocket. I carry a large water bottle and I don't have to mess with trying to squeeze it in, especially if the backpack is full. It can be tightened or loosened as needed.

On either side of the backpack, there are two large zippered pockets as well.

The luggage pass-through makes it easy for travelers.

The front pocket is well-designed so it's easy to find a spot for pens, smaller items, or items that you need to have easy access. On top of the bag is a soft zippered pocket, which again, gives easy access to items you would need on a plane or at a desk.

I used the Pace for my carry-on from my trip back from California and the straps are super comfortable so no need to worry about the straps digging into your shoulders and they are easy to adjust. I am finding to The Pace to be a really well designed and well thought out bag that can be used for travel or work.

I’ve been waiting for this one. I missed the name on the legacy thread. Thanks!

I have a few backpacks in the closet that I don’t use, but this one will definitely be one that gets usage. This is like the 14 way of backpacks and I mean it as a compliment. I hate the backpacks where you have everything tossed into a few pockets.

I will be using this when I travel for Christmas.

As a guy shopping for a new backpack for work this is a very interesting backpack. i may have to pick one of these up. I like the small pocket for items like sticky notes and pens and so on.
It checks all the boxes for me.
I’ve been waiting for this one. I missed the name on the legacy thread. Thanks!
I saw @OldandStiff ask about the bag in the thread and figured it needed its own.

Back