Official THP Event Pondering Thread

I ponder every event but number one with a bullet right now is the Wilson prototype event.

I have my wife to thank for getting more involved in events as she was the one who pushed me to go to the Tour Van stop in Des Moines. Now I I wish I didn't have to work so I could go to them all.

Cool thread here.

I'm also a big fan of the Outings and would be ecstatic to see a return of those - so many fantastic memories from the 2 I attended in Florida.

Torn on this year and what to do. Gauntlet, Wilson, Cleveland....very tough.

It was when I was new here, but I regret missing out on the Outing. I do remember the live range feed and the awesome stories I've heard. No chance I miss it if it were to come back. I've been a part of a few amazing events, but there are still a few out there I still need to check off my THP Bucket List. I'm sure that list will grow as more amazing events are announced.

Oh, you know, #TheGrandaddy

For some crazy reason it never leaves my mind...

I think/hope that is on everyone's ponder list will be a blast to see what lucky few get to fulfil that ponder.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And it won't. Even long after the event is over.

Last edited:
KellyBo and I are attending the Savannah event in August. We don't have any plans for anything else unless we attend one of the economical gethering type gigs later in the year.

I think/hope that is on everyone's ponder list will be a blast to see what lucky few get to fulfil that ponder.

You will be surprised at how many people never look at a single event, including one that is all expenses paid.

You will be surprised at how many people never look at a single event, including one that is all expenses paid.
This is unbelievable. Just can't understand it at all.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That is just nuts. I know everyone has their reasons but the experiences and bonds you make at a THP event are unmatched. Some of my best friends were made at events. One would be crazy to not at least give them all a serious ponder.

The more stay an play events the better IMO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I love multiple day events, one of reasons I wanted in the Disney event. I really have my eye on the Gauntlet and the Wilson event, but with heading to Disney those may be out... unless I rob a bank.

#TheGrandaddy is awesome. I am still torn about this one... I'm sure chances are pretty much null even if entering contests, but on one hand... I want to be selfish and go back because it was so amazing, and I want Redemption. On the other hand... other THPers really need to experience for themselves the pure awesomeness of Callaway.

That is just nuts. I know everyone has their reasons but the experiences and bonds you make at a THP event are unmatched. Some of my best friends were made at events. One would be crazy to not at least give them all a serious ponder.

So true Ron, you are one of my best friends I have, and imagine that all came from us playing an extra round together in Indy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I love multiple day events, one of reasons I wanted in the Disney event. I really have my eye on the Gauntlet and the Wilson event, but with heading to Disney those may be out... unless I rob a bank.

#TheGrandaddy is awesome. I am still torn about this one... I'm sure chances are pretty much null even if entering contests, but on one hand... I want to be selfish and go back because it was so amazing, and I want Redemption. On the other hand... other THPers really need to experience for themselves the pure awesomeness of Callaway.
We all get to experience it through the forum while I know it is not the same I guess where I am going with that is you should take another shot. We are all lucky enough to live the experience through the lucky members that get to go. It is worth taking another shot I know I would

I think the demo days were cool but probably not for me. While I would love to hit a bunch of different clubs I am just not at a place to start buying up new gear. Since multi day events typically require quite a bit of travel and expense for me I would rather spend my money playing golf. That's just my opinion and I am not knocking demo days at all. That's why THP has so many different types of events at many different locations.

So my ideal outing is stay and play with multiple rounds. As much golf as possible with minimal swag and other expenses. Basically, the upcoming unofficial MI/OH gathering is my ideal event/outing/gathering (even more ideal if it were closer). No frills, just a bed to sleep in, lots of golf and lots of laughs.

Obviously that doesn't mean I am not willing to participate in the other events. In fact I have, and I have enjoyed every second of them! Well, except when it was time to leave.

I loved the outings. Esp the ones with unlimited golf. Was just so much fun playing 18, then hooking up with a few more guys and playing more. Grand Cypress, Reunion, and PGA National were all great venues for those events.

I honestly ponder all the events for a time because there hasn't been a THP event that I've been to or followed along with that hasn't been amazing. Cost becomes a big factor in which ones I can make, but every single one of them is worth going to if you can afford it. I'm set for events for the rest of the year, but the ones that I think are going to be can't miss are the gauntlet, the Wilson proto event, and whatever Cleveland srixon one that JB is going to announce today. Oh, and that grandaddy event is going to be pretty cool too, that's been on my mind about every second of every day.

I honestly ponder all the events for a time because there hasn't been a THP event that I've been to or followed along with that hasn't been amazing. Cost becomes a big factor in which ones I can make, but every single one of them is worth going to if you can afford it. I'm set for events for the rest of the year, but the ones that I think are going to be can't miss are the gauntlet, the Wilson proto event, and whatever Cleveland srixon one that JB is going to announce today. Oh, and that grandaddy event is going to be pretty cool too, that's been on my mind about every second of every day.

The CURE Event will be cant miss as well. So much bang for the buck, company involvement, new unchartered territory in terms of unique and a whole bunch of contests. PX as well, but that is full of course. That may be the most unique event we have ever planned.
Disney for what it is, 2 days of THP Championship.

That's completely understandable, and encouraged!!!

The new Up & Down event is not make my pondering any easier. What a cool event.

The new Up & Down event is not make my pondering any easier. What a cool event.

This one is going to be absolutely EPIC...

Fun golf course and some awesome swag. What is not to love.

yeah buddy its sweet but the west coast travel expense is killing me right now. ugh! Here's hoping for a bangin SW sale

yeah buddy its sweet but the west coast travel expense is killing me right now. ugh! Here's hoping for a bangin SW sale

Multiple airports are available for that one if one is willing to make a minor drive (which they most likely will anyway. Seeing some great fares from FL with arrival Thursday.

Back