Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

My attendance may now be in jeopardy after a $400 root canal and a God knows how expensive visit to the ER that included a cat scan and x-ray... and since I have an unmet $4,000 deductible I will be paying pretty much the entire cost. Ouch. :beat-up:

I'm going to try and get my CCA in today. Looking forward to being official!

hahah...I will get this done soon as well, I need to make myself and Yoccos official

Not in the way you all are thinking!!!!! Haha. Yeah bro lemme know if there is anything I can do to help!
hahah...I will get this done soon as well, I need to make myself and Yoccos official

That will be sweet. I fully support your burgeoning bromance.

A funny thing happened today, I looked at flight prices again and the Omaha to Orlando flight is now $30 more, but what is really strange is the Omaha to Ft. Lauderdale flight is a lot cheaper, almost $200 cheaper actually. I'm strongly considering a Thursday afternoon arrival into Ft. Lauderdale and taking the 1 hour jaunt up I-95, the only draw back is that I'm limited on my arrival times so I wouldn't even get to PGA National until around 6pm Thursday. Hmmm...decisions decisions.....:question: My preference would be to get checked in early and get an arrival round with some fellow THP'ers under my belt.

Ok. I am officially OFFICIAL. Really looking forward to this one. I think the demo day and earlier rounds is going to be perfect. Can't wait to tee it up with some THP'rs again.

The flight prices fluctuate for me that is for sure. I'm afraid to check right now. I don't know if you plan on using one of the travel sites but I think Orbitz has a price guarantee. I'm gonna use them this time around.

A funny thing happened today, I looked at flight prices again and the Omaha to Orlando flight is now $30 more, but what is really strange is the Omaha to Ft. Lauderdale flight is a lot cheaper, almost $200 cheaper actually. I'm strongly considering a Thursday afternoon arrival into Ft. Lauderdale and taking the 1 hour jaunt up I-95, the only draw back is that I'm limited on my arrival times so I wouldn't even get to PGA National until around 6pm Thursday. Hmmm...decisions decisions.....:question: My preference would be to get checked in early and get an arrival round with some fellow THP'ers under my belt.

Ok. I am officially OFFICIAL. Really looking forward to this one. I think the demo day and earlier rounds is going to be perfect. Can't wait to tee it up with some THP'rs again.
Glad you're on board Hawk!

man, for a couple hndred bucks I would be flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Thats just me, I would think there will be enough people flying in there that people could car pool.

Wait, I thought we were supposed to not say anything till our toast at the outing?????????

damn...my bad!

man, for a couple hndred bucks I would be flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Thats just me, I would think there will be enough people flying in there that people could car pool.
Well comparing Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale is actually only a $5 difference in prices, but before when I checked flying into Ft. Lauderdale was almost $450, now it's $280 so that's the significant price difference I'm talking about. The thing that bugs me is the late arrival. Still debating though. Not that I really NEED that Thursday round....but it would be a nice way to kick off the weekend.

Well comparing Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale is actually only a $5 difference in prices, but before when I checked flying into Ft. Lauderdale was almost $450, now it's $280 so that's the significant price difference I'm talking about. The thing that bugs me is the late arrival. Still debating though. Not that I really NEED that Thursday round....but it would be a nice way to kick off the weekend.

Dude, that price is a great one. Plus the convenience alone might be worth it. And you would still be there in time for the Thursday night meet and greet at iBar (informal).

I would have to agree with you, it would be nice to get that round in. I still think prices may drop even a bit more...but I could be wrong. good luck with that decision...thats the worst part of buying plane tickets...as soon as you hit purchase you just know you will see a better price at some point

Dude, that price is a great one. Plus the convenience alone might be worth it. And you would still be there in time for the Thursday night meet and greet at iBar (informal).

I know that kick-off round is nice, but I'm passing on it this time. I'm going to scrape off the airplane in the shower and then head to the iBar (to get drunk and find a cowboy hat for P4B).

awesome man.....can't wait to see you and the mrs again!

That's a great price man. I got $260 into PBI so that's great considering where you're coming in from

I just checked and the airfare going back Monday is $150 more than if I stay an extra day, but of course if I stay, the hotel and probable round of golf would make up that difference. I am still not sure about arriving Wed. or Thursday. I like P4B would like to try to get an extra round in ( on top of the 4 I plan to play Sat & Sun)

I would have to agree with you, it would be nice to get that round in. I still think prices may drop even a bit more...but I could be wrong. good luck with that decision...thats the worst part of buying plane tickets...as soon as you hit purchase you just know you will see a better price at some point

I think the prices people are seeing are pretty darn good. I would hate for them to pass and have them go up. That is my only fear. That is a busy time of year in FL, and I think flights will fill up faster than they did previously with the last outing.

I know that kick-off round is nice, but I'm passing on it this time. I'm going to scrape off the airplane in the shower and then head to the iBar (to get drunk and find a cowboy hat for P4B).

GG & I will be there after dinner at Ironwood I believe. Or to have that wonderful grilled cheese at iBar.

I'm kind of an airplane nerd and follow the airline industry a little bit. Everything I've been reading says to expect ticket prices to go up due to higher fuel costs and rising demand. Obviously, there could be sales on individual flights or routes for whatever reason. AA did a company wide fare increase of 5.00 per flight last week and the others, including SW, followed suit. I would venture to say that if you are planning on buying tickets, the sooner the better (for most people).

I'm kind of an airplane nerd and follow the airline industry a little bit. Everything I've been reading says to expect ticket prices to go up due to higher fuel costs and rising demand. Obviously, there could be sales on individual flights or routes for whatever reason. AA did a company wide fare increase of 5.00 per flight last week and the others, including SW, followed suit. I would venture to say that if you are planning on buying tickets, the sooner the better (for most people).

Nice timing. I just spoke to my friend Tim (most from last outing remember him and he goes by Capt Golf here). He said the same thing. This time of year and fuel increases, flights will start going up and could go up dramatically starting in January. Yes there will be sales, but company wide increases seem to be the norm right now.

We will be starting the demo day thread at the beginning of the new year. Taking requests for what people may want to see out there as far as brands and equipment go. As always GG and myself will do our best to fill each and every request that comes in.

It looks like we have a LOT of new people signing up for their 1st THP outing. That is great news and hopefully we can make their dream golf weekend a reality.

Oh man, I can't wait to start a wish list. There were very few things requested but not available in September. Also, we had things that we didn't even know existed.

I'm really looking forward to meeting the first timers! It's so cool to have a name and personality to go with a screen name. I'm glad I got my confirmation in, because it looks like this one may be full soon.

First name: Sock
Last name: Head

Back