Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, sweet Tuna, the wife and I really have always wanted to visit Canada! lol

When ever you want mate as long as we get a day's notice or so!

Honestly, I wish more teachers were like you. I think the one teacher that really made the biggest difference for me was the one who was teaching us organic chem (a subject I LOVE but most people hate). Since it was a grade 12 class, he knew people would show up or not as it pleased them, espcially since it was a hard class. However he went out of his way to help everyone who came and put the effort in. At the end of every class he would always offer a simple "thank you for coming". That was a teacher that showed he wouldn't be bosses around by kids too big for their britches and wouldn't put up with slackers but would steal the moon for any student that put in the effort and just needed help. From an atheletes point of view he was the teacher that dispelled the myth of "teachers just have the job to get the summers off" which sadly was the prevailing attitude in our school.

So good on you Jman. It's teachers like you that make communities small or large be better through the contribution of your students. Good on you and the rest of the teachers out there like you.

When ever you want mate as long as we get a day's notice or so!

Honestly, I wish more teachers were like you. I think the one teacher that really made the biggest difference for me was the one who was teaching us organic chem (a subject I LOVE but most people hate). Since it was a grade 12 class, he knew people would show up or not as it pleased them, espcially since it was a hard class. However he went out of his way to help everyone who came and put the effort in. At the end of every class he would always offer a simple "thank you for coming". That was a teacher that showed he wouldn't be bosses around by kids too big for their britches and wouldn't put up with slackers but would steal the moon for any student that put in the effort and just needed help. From an atheletes point of view he was the teacher that dispelled the myth of "teachers just have the job to get the summers off" which sadly was the prevailing attitude in our school.

So good on you Jman. It's teachers like you that make communities small or large be better through the contribution of your students. Good on you and the rest of the teachers out there like you.

Loved Organic Chem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like gym.

I despised gym. Funny thing is I was one of only a handful of guys/gals in my class to play collegiate athletics.

I despised gym. Funny thing is I was one of only a handful of guys/gals in my class to play collegiate athletics.

It was one that I enjoyed, did you guys ever have shops class (woodworking, metals) etc?

In junior high I was a HUGE fan of our Woodworking class and our Home ec classes. and then in High School was in Auto Mechanics for 2 years which was amazing. They gave you such independence and responsibility in that class I think that's what I loved about it was having my own project where I wasn't bothered.

It was one that I enjoyed, did you guys ever have shops class (woodworking, metals) etc?

In junior high I was a HUGE fan of our Woodworking class and our Home ec classes. and then in High School was in Auto Mechanics for 2 years which was amazing. They gave you such independence and responsibility in that class I think that's what I loved about it was having my own project where I wasn't bothered.

That was an awesome class! I think we built wooden tool boxes in ours then a couple of my buddies made cooking grills in the metal class.

Yes we did. If there was one thing that I regret not taking is a home ec class. I was so wrapped up in all the AP book nerd stuff and the music classes and the varsity athletics that I really didn't have time to do real life crap like home ec. If I could go back in time and tell my younger me to do something different then I would've told him to take a home ec class or even auto mech. I learned most of that later in life (post college) and I think if even I took 1 class of that stuff in HS then I would be more comfortable around cars and the kitchen.

Yes we did. If there was one thing that I regret not taking is a home ec class. I was so wrapped up in all the AP book nerd stuff and the music classes and the varsity athletics that I really didn't have time to do real life crap like home ec. If I could go back in time and tell my younger me to do something different then I would've told him to take a home ec class or even auto mech. I learned most of that later in life (post college) and I think if even I took 1 class of that stuff in HS then I would be more comfortable around cars and the kitchen.

I was an AP class nerd too, and was wrapped up in Basketball, but I did take Home ec and loved it. You learned to cook more, and it was an easy A.

I was an AP class nerd too, and was wrapped up in Basketball, but I did take Home ec and loved it. You learned to cook more, and it was an easy A.

Back in the days that's it was known as the easy A. That's why all the jocks and stoners took that class.

Art Class was another fun one and when I really concentrate my skills are pretty good. Another easy A class.

Back in the days that's it was known as the easy A. That's why all the jocks and stoners took that class.

Well I wasn't a stoner at that time, but was making sure my GPA was as high as it could be.

Well I wasn't a stoner at that time, but was making sure my GPA was as high as it could be.

I think that's my goal is to take some easy classes next year to bump mine up. I'm expecting to fail one class this semester. I hear it puts a huuuuge damper on your GPA.

I think that's my goal is to take some easy classes next year to bump mine up. I'm expecting to fail one class this semester. I hear it puts a huuuuge damper on your GPA.

Your in University right Dent? Unless you are going to applying to grad schools its not the biggest deal in the world. Once I got my undergrad I just ran away never to return to school again.

Your in University right Dent? Unless you are going to applying to grad schools its not the biggest deal in the world. Once I got my undergrad I just ran away never to return to school again.

I'm not even sure what a grad school is. So I shouldn't be too worried?

I'm not even sure what a grad school is. So I shouldn't be too worried?

Uuummmmmm no if you don't know what it is then I wouldn't worry too much about your University GPA. Just graduate.

Surprisingly Breeze that relieves a lot of pressure off of me. I've been so stressed about school lately.

When your applying for jobs and starting your career nobody knows or will ever know what your gpa was. Do you have an expensive piece of paper saying you graduated? Check, then it moves on, by no means am I saying throw in the towel, but GPA is not a big deal unless grad school is something you want to pursue.

When your applying for jobs and starting your career nobody knows or will ever know what your gpa was. Do you have an expensive piece of paper saying you graduated? Check, then it moves on, by no means am I saying throw in the towel, but GPA is not a big deal unless grad school is something you want to pursue.

I am going to go on a whim here and guess grad school is like school after school? For example if I wanted to be a Chartered Accountant after uni I'd have to go to grad school?

I am going to go on a whim here and guess grad school is like school after school? For example if I wanted to be a Chartered Accountant after uni I'd have to go to grad school?
I'm not sure how it works in Canada Dent. I have an MBA. When applying to graduate schools GPA is taken into account, along with whatever graduate test is required for whatever degree is required, e.g., for an MBA I had to take the GMAT. I also have 29 hours toward a PhD and had to take the GRE exam.

I'm not sure how it works in Canada Dent. I have an MBA. When applying to graduate schools GPA is taken into account, along with whatever graduate test is required for whatever degree is required, e.g., for an MBA I had to take the GMAT. I also have 29 hours toward a PhD and had to take the GRE exam.

Thanks for the clarification Sean. That sounds pretty sophisticated, I don't think I'll get that intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back