Official NBA Thread

I would like to congratulate the LA Lakers for losing with such dignity. Thank you Andrew Bynum for proving what most already knew.

I wasn't sure what you were referring to with Bynum as I was frustrated with the lack of effort and heart of the Lakers that I had better things to do with my time then watch their lethargic showing of what is suppose to be a NBA playoff game. I did just see the clip of Bynum getting ejected and I have to agree 100% that was completely uncalled for and there is no place in the game for that. He made no play whatsoever on the ball and the guy was defenseless in mid-air. That was a cowardly play and I would have hoped that the Lakers had better respect for the game, opponents and themselves as opposed to making such a foolish play.

I haven't read a post in this thread, but I can't tell you how nice it is to see the Lakers out. I was shocked how poorly they accepted their woodshed visit though. Pretty sad.

I haven't read a post in this thread, but I can't tell you how nice it is to see the Lakers out. I was shocked how poorly they accepted their woodshed visit though. Pretty sad.

It was pretty classless, I understand frustrations, and I'm all for rough play, I'm a huge hockey fan! But it was just sad, they got beat plain and simple, no need for the extra crap at the end.

I missed the game because I was playing golf like team Hackers do but saw the highlights later. Looks like that nice little run by the Lakers is done. And Bynum should have been punched in the face for that cheap shot. I cant believe how cool the Mavs were after that. Guess when you are winning by 100 points its easier to take that crap and move on.

Bynum is a punk and should be suspended for a couple of weeks next season for that cheap shot

And not only is he a punk, he sucks too. Dude has no game at all.

Not only a punk and has no game but he keeps getting injured every year and misses sigificant time.

Thats true and probably another reason he sucks, he never plays.

Not only a punk and has no game but he keeps getting injured every year and misses sigificant time.

Someone on this forum a year or so ago actually said that Bynum was the same player as Kevin Garnet because they averaged the same amount of points per minute. I think it was Floppy from way back when. That is funny!

Someone on this forum a year or so ago actually said that Bynum was the same player as Kevin Garnet because they averaged the same amount of points per minute. I think it was Floppy from way back when. That is funny!

That is ridiculous, Bynum is more like Greg Oden than Kevin Garnett. In his prime Garnett was one of the top 5 in the NBA at the time.

Bynum has to be one of the most overrated players in the NBA. Hes done NOTHING but get injured. Yesterday he made one good shot and it was on a guy thats 6' tall and from Puerto Rico.

Bynum has to be one of the most overrated players in the NBA. Hes done NOTHING but get injured. Yesterday he made one good shot and it was on a guy thats 6' tall and from Puerto Rico.

I don't know if anyone rates Bynum anymore, he can provide some low post offense with his size but that's it, and no one can count on it anyway.

Being a Spurs fan I am having to deal with a bunch of new bandwagon Mavericks fans, this always happens and I can't wait to see the Grizzlies take it to the Mavericks.

I don't know if anyone rates Bynum anymore, he can provide some low post offense with his size but that's it, and no one can count on it anyway.

Being a Spurs fan I am having to deal with a bunch of new bandwagon Mavericks fans, this always happens and I can't wait to see the Grizzlies take it to the Mavericks.

THat would be nice!! The NBA would hate it but who cares!! With the Lakers out, many of the "Laker fans" who jump on the bandwagon cause it is the fun thing to do will go away. Being from the east coast originally I am one who stays loyal to their teams basically from youth and dislike the bandwagon fan. I respect places like Philly, Chicago and even Boston who understand team loyalty. Unfortunately that is not how it is out here in SoCal, bandwagoners all the time for all sports.

No shame here, thats me lol. I ignore the whole NBA until the playoffs and even then I dont watch much besides the Mavericks. Id love to see this group win one before Dirk retires.

I don't think it is fair to say Bynum is overrated. No one has said he is the next Dwight Howard, Shaquille Oneal, Tim Duncan or KG. The kid is 23. Yes what he did yesterday was uncalled for and he should be fined and suspended, I do not think we can compare the kid to Gred Oden. Bynum has been far more productive than Oden has been. Bynum is prone to get injured similar to Oden but that is where the comparison ends. Bynum has developed a nice base for a game this last year or two and being that he is 23 he has the potential to make some noise in the league. I am not saying his career will be Keving Garnett's career (whom will be a hall of famer) but I do not think we can legitiamtely say Bynum has no game. When the Lakers had their winning streaks this season, Bynum was a large part of the success. You also cannot base his ability off of that one game yesterday when none of the Lakers showed up. That would be similar to judging a PGA guy off of a tourney where he missed the cut.

I don't think it is fair to say Bynum is overrated. No one has said he is the next Dwight Howard, Shaquille Oneal, Tim Duncan or KG. The kid is 23. Yes what he did yesterday was uncalled for and he should be fined and suspended, I do not think we can compare the kid to Gred Oden. Bynum has been far more productive than Oden has been. Bynum is prone to get injured similar to Oden but that is where the comparison ends. Bynum has developed a nice base for a game this last year or two and being that he is 23 he has the potential to make some noise in the league. I am not saying his career will be Keving Garnett's career (whom will be a hall of famer) but I do not think we can legitiamtely say Bynum has no game. When the Lakers had their winning streaks this season, Bynum was a large part of the success. You also cannot base his ability off of that one game yesterday when none of the Lakers showed up. That would be similar to judging a PGA guy off of a tourney where he missed the cut.

Wait, you cant say Bynum is overrated because he is young, but you can even though Oden is young? Im confused. Bynum was a 1st round pick, a project that was said to be a legitimate force to come in the NBA. Since that time he has done absolutely nothing to live up to the hype that was created around him. Calling Bynum a large part of the success of their winning streak is laughable in my opinion. Its like calling Bill Cartright and/or Luc Longley a large part of the success of the Bulls during their winning streak or saying that John Salley is a HOF because of his rings. Sure they were on the roster and competed and actually had impact every now and then. But calling it a large part of the success is absurd in my opinion.

I think people like Kobe, Gasol, Odom had more to do with their succeses that Bynum.

Wait, you cant say Bynum is overrated because he is young, but you can even though Oden is young? Im confused. Bynum was a 1st round pick, a project that was said to be a legitimate force to come in the NBA. Since that time he has done absolutely nothing to live up to the hype that was created around him. Calling Bynum a large part of the success of their winning streak is laughable in my opinion. Its like calling Bill Cartright and/or Luc Longley a large part of the success of the Bulls during their winning streak or saying that John Salley is a HOF because of his rings. Sure they were on the roster and competed and actually had impact every now and then. But calling it a large part of the success is absurd in my opinion.

:clapp: Well said, I agree!!

Bynum is the Rory Sabbatini of Basketball

I was laughing yesterday because while I definitely understand the Laker hate, some of my friends were posting how happy they were the Lakers were out. Being a Suns fan I find it funny that they were calling the season a flop. Ummm Suns didn't even make the playoffs. They talked rivalry, but I don't see how getting spanked every year is a rivalry.

Anyway, yeah that pretty stupid on the Lakers part. I'm not surprised. They classless.

Derrick Rose may be the most fun player to watch in the NBA imo. I love watching him and Wade play the game with no fear. I wish Wade would've taken his talent to the Chicago Bulls. Now he is stuck with Bosh and Bon Bon. Softies.

I'm kinda rooting for a Thunder/Bulls finals.

Centerpieces. The Mark Eaton's of the Chicago Bulls. Cartright was a monster for those championship teams. He was what, 50 something?

Bynums hit was a way to end someones career... Take the fine and try to create some good PR in the offseason (help kids at the YMCA or something)

meh, once the nuggets went out, I checked out. I'll watch the highlights and probably a game or two of the Western Conference finals with a slight possibility of the finals depending on who's playing.

I have not called Oden overrated. I personally do not think Oden has the offensice game to have been a #1 pick but he has not had time to show that due to not playing. I am saying it is not fair to compare Bynum to Oden. Bynum has started to develop these past 2 years. Bynum has avergaed a double double this season. I think if you hear any of the Lakers they would say that having the size on the interior of Bynum, Gasol and Odom has been a large part of their success. Im not saying Bynum is the only piece of the puzzle but those 3 are large pieces of the puzzle. Do you remember Bynum getting hurt when Kobe fell into his leg and hurt his knee (believe it was 2 seasons ago). Kobe was sick after that because he knew Bynum was key piece to the puzzle of them winning a championship. You can say what you what but the size of him on the interior is something that affects teams. And I have to say he has started to do more offensively. I will also say for as good as Gasol is he was MIA in these playoffs against the Hornets and Mavs. Bynum showed up against the Hornets. The lakers are a better team when they utulize the big men in the post i.e. Bynum and Gasol. That is all I am saying. Also cartwright and Longley did not avergae double doubles with the Bulls were making their runs in the playoffs so Bynum has been more of a contributor than those 2.

With all of that said please undertand also that he was completely wrong in what he did with the flagrant foul at the end of the game.

I think people like Kobe, Gasol, Odom had more to do with their succeses that Bynum.

Completely agree but Bynum had something to do with the success the team had when they had their winning streaks this season especially after the all star break.

Back