Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rangers need to win this so I can get back up from my depressive state caused by the Cowboys.

This is a real thrill for the folks here. None of us would have guessed we'd find the team as pennant holders. It's been great to see them pick each other up all season. Well done. :smile-big:

The Rangers need to win this so I can get back up from my depressive state caused by the Cowboys.

Well good thing I have the Rangers. Who knew one broken bone could decide what I watch on TV for the rest of the year? Go Rangers and....Texans? lol

Was looking at Stub hub for tickets. For decent tickets in the right center field bleachers $500. For standing room only tickets. $375. Looks like I will be enjoying the game from the view on my TV haha

Im pumped for the game tonight!!!

I say Rangers win it in 5.

rangers4-1.jpg

I am now a die hard Ranger fan until this series is over.

i say SF in 6! great pitching far outweighs the possibility of hot/cold bats. and i think the non DH portion will have a say somehow. TX will start vlad in the OF in SF and it may cause a problem. it's tough though b/c i'm a big josh hamilton fan. he's a NC boy and i played some travel ball against him growing up. i've never seen anyone hit a baseball as hard as that guy, even at 14/15 years old, haha

Dude Texas has more quality pitchers after Lee then SF does after Lincecum. Rangers in 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude Texas has more quality pitchers after Lee then SF does after Lincecum. Rangers in 6

no they don't.

I am now a die hard Ranger fan until this series is over.
Thats what I like to hear!
i say SF in 6! great pitching far outweighs the possibility of hot/cold bats. and i think the non DH portion will have a say somehow. TX will start vlad in the OF in SF and it may cause a problem. it's tough though b/c i'm a big josh hamilton fan. he's a NC boy and i played some travel ball against him growing up. i've never seen anyone hit a baseball as hard as that guy, even at 14/15 years old, haha
BOOO TC! lol Ask the Yankees and Rays how there pitching did against Texas. Cliff Lee and CJ will hold there own against Lincecum, Cain.

Thats what I like to hear!

BOOO TC! lol Ask the Yankees and Rays how there pitching did against Texas. Cliff Lee and CJ will hold there own against Lincecum, Cain.

dude, i want the rangers to win, but SF has made it to where they are with pitching! TX has made it where they are buy putting runs on the board. it'll be a great battle that's for sure.

There's still baseball on? Lol

dude, i want the rangers to win, but SF has made it to where they are with pitching! TX has made it where they are buy putting runs on the board. it'll be a great battle that's for sure.

Rangers pitching hasnt been that bad at all

Runs giving up in the post season:
Giants: 10 games- 29 runs
Rangers: 11 games- 32 runs

Keep in mind that AL has a DH to go against while NL gets the pitcher for an easy out. Rangers have pitched and hit well, Giants have just pitched well.

though the Rangers can hit the S$$$ out of the ball, I am going with SF in 5. SF just seems to be one of those pesky teams that don't waste outs and get the 2 out rbi's.

I would like Texas to win, but I told my dad when he was in Vegas before the playoffs started to bet the Giants to win it all. So I'd like to throw that back in his face because he didn't bet it

Last edited:
Rangers pitching hasnt been that bad at all

Runs giving up in the post season:
Giants: 10 games- 29 runs
Rangers: 11 games- 32 runs

Keep in mind that AL has a DH to go against while NL gets the pitcher for an easy out. Rangers have pitched and hit well, Giants have just pitched well.

Boom! What he said TC! Did you watch the Rangers games dude? They shut down the Yankees in all but one inning or they sweep theyre arses!

Dude I cant wait to see the Cubs play Texas this week after the Texans finish off the Giants. The Cubs will dominate both the first and second half.

Dude I cant wait to see the Cubs play Texas this week after the Texans finish off the Giants. The Cubs will dominate both the first and second half.

go cubbies!

Offensive numbers for post season

Giants runs scored: 30

Rangers runs scored: 69

which means little...as long as you score at least 1 more than your opponent:act-up:

I don't expect to see late game bullpen collapses from the Giants like we saw from the Yankees. I like the SF bullpen, even though Wilson worries me a little bit.

which means little...as long as you score at least 1 more than your opponent:act-up:

I think it means more than just a little. You like to have that 2-3 run cushion for your rookie closer coming into the game rather than just a 1 run game. Calms him down since he knows he doesnt have to be perfect with every pitch (even though thats the what he should) But gives him a little breathing room to be able to go after hitters instead of being careful with them.

Actually it means a lot if the runs given up are close. I'll take Lee any day in game 1 against WHOEVER, just like that the Rangers steal homefield. Then we got Lewis and Wilson pitching before coming back to Lee for the sweep. SF has mediocre pitching after the freak.

I think it means more than just a little. You like to have that 2-3 run cushion for your rookie closer coming into the game rather than just a 1 run game. Calms him down since he knows he doesnt have to be perfect with every pitch (even though thats the what he should) But gives him a little breathing room to be able to go after hitters instead of being careful with them.

who hasn't had to get any meaningful outs in 2 weeks, I'd be worried about the Texas bullpen. Though you may not need them tonight.

I think its good that everyone picks SF, plays right into the hands of the Rangers like it has all season and playoffs.

Actually it means a lot if the runs given up are close. I'll take Lee any day in game 1 against WHOEVER, just like that the Rangers steal homefield. Then we got Lewis and Wilson pitching before coming back to Lee for the sweep. SF has mediocre pitching after the freak.

man you guys can't take a little humor?

Like I said, I'd like to see Texas win, but I am taking SF. Can't wait for this to start tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back