Official Golfing Weather Thread

1702826093338.png

With hot hands in the pockets, a knit cap on my bald head and a good layers, it’s golf time.

View attachment 9230882

With hot hands in the pockets, a knit cap on my bald head and a good layers, it’s golf time.

That is definitely golf weather for me. We played yesterday with a high of around 50. I was walking and carrying my bag and it was super comfortable. While I am thin on top a golf hat was just fine. I had family commitments today or else I would have played again today.

We've been able to play every day, lately, and it's late December. Some days temps have been in the 40's, but that's still golfing weather. Much needed rain falling outside, now. Supposed to continue through most of the day. That's okay! It's Christmas Eve and, hopefully, the rain continues enough the clubhouse will shut down and staff will get 2 full days with families.

Have 12 inches of snow in the weather forecast in the next along with a cold snap to follow the snow. Guess I'm going to be relegated to the sim for a couple weeks.

Forecast for our tee time tomorrow morning. 33°F "feels like" temp with 9 mph winds at tee time? Eff that misery.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 6.06.50 PM.png

Stinking in the central belt of Scotland. Cold, damp nonsense. Haven’t hit a ball since October. Currently 1°c and dropping.

Tomorrow will be the last decent day for a few weeks weather wise. Mid 50s for a high. 10am tee time temp of 41. Should be finished with 18 by 12 noon. Men’s group tees off at 1220. Should be able to get in 2 rounds tomorrow. Wish me luck.

36° when we got to the course this morning, had a 1 hour frost delay.

Should be good for our 9:50 tee time IMG_3798.jpeg

Tomorrow looks great. Sunny with a high of 68. And then it all goes to crap. Sunday through Wednesday lows in the single digits and highs in the mid to upper 20s. I hate the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were a few courses across the state that were open through the holidays.
Game over, man, game over.

PXL_20240112_164913768~2.jpg

Forecast for our tee time tomorrow morning. 33°F "feels like" temp with 9 mph winds at tee time? Eff that misery.

View attachment 9235168
We are heading for northwest Tucson in a few days.Weather will be unseasonably cold:( . The hikes in the upper elevations have slick slope and walk way warnings as well

61° in Laguna Beach this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winter has hit in DFW. It was warm (upper 50s) to hit the range yesterday. A cold front came through about mid afternoon and it was below freezing by nightfall. And it won't get over freezing until midweek. Thursday looks like it'll be up in the 50s (range day?) before another shot of cold air comes in for the weekend.

We are supposed to have our monthly league round next week, but I'd put it at 50/50.

The good news is the following week looks back to the typical 50s for January. And the courses will be packed. Pre-pandemic, winter was low key a great time to golf here. A lot of players would only get out if it was 60+. Now people will get out if it's 40+

50’s with a chance of rain tomorrow morning. I’m all in though!

I'm supposed to play tomorrow with a high of 36 degrees!

5 inches total snow right now. Canceled The simulator for this week. Just not worth it. The old man that always runs it had a direct quote when I called to see if they were open.

“You’re strong and tough as they come. Usually as dumb as it gets as well. Don’t let today be the day you prove me right. You ain’t winning the Masters today anyways.” 😂😂😂😂😎

Should be 70* with no rain this afternoon. Perfect.

65 today and everyone in Virginia was playing. Sooooo nice out.

It only got up to 63° here today and it was a little windy, but sunny and clear. I was walking, so I had my jacket off by the third hole and played the rest of the round in a polo. By the end of the round I was almost wishing I had worn shorts!

38 for the high yesterday and 37 today, I don't think winter is going away fast enough.

IMG_0912.jpeg

We have a little heatwave coming and, for the first time in a week, no rain. North wind be damned, I’m taking advantage of the improvement and getting out today.

70 Friday meant a range trip, 60 Saturday meant bonus golf!

5e233a18140e3bafa3dc58dc8fefe6a6.jpg

b40df383db4c2e5a931fe7f5df441f1b.jpg

1c2f19861caf15df6e4db67e08c57161.jpg

83a4037ec1b2e37d0854c378f215d165.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golf gods are messing with us. Monday-Friday is sunny and 60s-70s and light winds. Saturday is rain and Sunday it cools off again

Back