Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a heck of a deal on that Staff bag!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

I know, if it did not look exactly like mine I would get it.

But for some reason there is this nagging thing in the back of my head that keeps whispering "go forged". Ridiculous I know..

Tappin' for world peace!

Cast is where it's at dude! Plus that finish is sick!!

So... My trip to GS did not answer any questions for me. No 5Ws for demo, and most of the 3Ws were reg flex. Couldn't find a Nike VRS FW in stiff anywhere in the store.

I did get to hit the Mashie 15.5˚ though. It was off a mat but I was pounding it pretty good. About even distance with my RBZ 3W but not as consistent for me, accuracy wise. Had the same problem with the older mashie hybrids too. Long but a little wild. Usually left. :bulgy-eyes:

Shocker of the day was the RBZ 3H. Hit it about 5 yards short of the Mashie 3W. Pretty consistently straight too. I didn't walk with anything as I was a bit confused. Want to hit everything again before I make a decision, but right now I'm between a RBZ 5W and a RBZ 3H... It's a good thing I didn't get my quarterly bonus until after lunch. Otherwise I might have bought one just because.

Also got to hit the Classic. Felt pretty good with the stock shaft. Didn't spend too much time with it as I just bought another fine Cleveland driver that I'm still working with.

I don't need two sets of irons, I don't need two sets of irons, I don't need two sets of irons.

I love those, love.

Yes you do. Everyone needs two sets of irons :D
What you can't do is let either set get jealouse. I'm fairly sure my 59's are annoyed that the PC's get more playing time but content themselves with thinking they look better. It's an iron eat iron world out there.

That is not a ponder. It's a steal!

Agree. DOOOO ETTTTT!

Pffffbt is all I got there ChunkyPingLover.

On a side note, what's with the cut out near the end of the Ping iron? Kinda looks like a shark took a bite out of it before they went out. I presume it's actually there for a reason though since no one at Ping can be accused of being a dummy or doing useless things.

Wow, I was just looking these up online to find the best price. You post this and it's in Greensboro so I may even be able to pick it up and save shipping costs.

Since it is "mini" these fit fine on a cart right?

Mine fits in the cart very well.

Wow, I was just looking these up online to find the best price. You post this and it's in Greensboro so I may even be able to pick it up and save shipping costs.

Since it is "mini" these fit fine on a cart right?

Yes, it does. Actually had my mini and a full size cart bag on the cart Monday without issues. You can see the "Bridgestone enters the Morgan Cup" thread for that pic if desired.

Haha! I will keep that in mind ;) Indeed it is! I wonder how fast it will wear off... :p

Agree. DOOOO ETTTTT!

Haha! Not going to rush it :) Will have snow for atleast 2 more months... But it might be good to use the new equipment during my indoor preseason training! Hm, that's a valid point!

Yes you do. Everyone needs two sets of irons :D
What you can't do is let either set get jealouse. I'm fairly sure my 59's are annoyed that the PC's get more playing time but content themselves with thinking they look better. It's an iron eat iron world out there.

Agree. DOOOO ETTTTT!

Pffffbt is all I got there ChunkyPingLover.

On a side note, what's with the cut out near the end of the Ping iron? Kinda looks like a shark took a bite out of it before they went out. I presume it's actually there for a reason though since no one at Ping can be accused of being a dummy or doing useless things.

How dare you make fun of the lovely Pings. The cutout is there to add awesome dust

I actually don't like the notched hosel of the i20's at all. It's very noticeable at address and it gets my attention for some odd reason. Theoretically, I know why they are there, but for a company that dominates in the dot system and fitting arena, it seems a bit silly to me.

Nike VR_S driver.

How dare you make fun of the lovely Pings. The cutout is there to add awesome dust

Fairly sure that's added to the paint.
If we're talking Pings, I'm firmly in the Anser/S Series line.

I actually don't like the notched hosel of the i20's at all. It's very noticeable at address and it gets my attention for some odd reason. Theoretically, I know why they are there, but for a company that dominates in the dot system and fitting arena, it seems a bit silly to me.

What is the actual/theoretical reason? I've never paid attention to them before but it just seems to pop out on the i20's with the black paint job.

Well, I just went to Golfsmith and hit a bunch of clubs. It was ugly. Real ugly. Its like I just took a big step back in the swing progress but whatever. The Classic is a very nice driver and that face is HUGE. I hit every variation except 12* which they didnt have. I just couldnt generate any swing speed because my back was hurting so I didnt see anything go past 230. It was just demoralizing to see that but its still a work in progress I guess. Talking with the guy there he suggested the Nike VR S driver and while my distance wasnt much better all my numbers were higher, ball speed jumped, launch angle was right around 13* but the more I hit the higher my backspin started to get. I came away pretty impressed with the Nike VR S more then anything. Looks awesome and I love the shaft. And it doesnt sound anything like Nike drivers of old either. But my driver pondering will be put on hold for a few weeks and then I'll revisit the Nike.

Stupid back pain ruining things.

Stupid back pain ruining things.

Its awful dude. My swing is like an 80 year old dude right now. Where's a Cleveland Black senior flex when I need it.

Nice feedback Kmac. Sorry about the back, a bit of that today myself so am taking the day off from the range.

Im going to Golfsmith after work today, I will be purchasing the RBZ 3H. I really hope I dont talk myself out of it again.

I like the 'doesn't sound anything like old Nike drivers' comment.

What is the actual/theoretical reason? I've never paid attention to them before but it just seems to pop out on the i20's with the black paint job.

Makes them easier to bend.

Its awful dude. My swing is like an 80 year old dude right now. Where's a Cleveland Black senior flex when I need it.

I don't know why, but this cracked me up. SOrry Kmac. That sucks broski.

I think the Nike VR S jumped to the front of my driver pondering after hitting it and then seeing JB pretty much confirm how good it is. I'll wait a few weeks but I saw some good numbers out of the bad overall ones.

Order it online now and do a store pick up.

Im going to Golfsmith after work today, I will be purchasing the RBZ 3H. I really hope I dont talk myself out of it again.

You can do it! Seriously considering going back later today myself... Patience isn't my strong suit as you can probably tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back