Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? The media is biased against a huge program like OK? They seemed to be working for them last year. I am guessing that you may be a little biased as well right? I hate U of Florida with a passion. Yet, it is hard for ANYBODY to not say that Tebow has deserved the Heisman when he won and that he or McCoy deserved it last year.

If Oklahoma is not undefeated they are ignored. A team like Utah can be undefeated and no one knows who the QB is or who the coach is. You may not see it but I do. I did go to a PAC-10 school but I have no strong affiliation with them or any other school. I am a fan of football first, I watch it all from middle school, high school and college right up to the NFL any given week. I did not say that Tebow or McCoy did not deserve it last year, that is completely different from saying Bradford was over-hyped and didn't deserve it. I thought McCoy deserved it last year and could win it this year.

I would have said that 2 years ago, and maybe even early last year. But after last season, I think he will go early. Maybe even first round. He may not be the prototypical NFL QB, but he's a proven winner. Some team will take a chance that he can convert that to success on a professional level.
If he is drafted he will be moved to running back. He will not play one set of downs in the NFL as a QB.

I would have said that 2 years ago, and maybe even early last year. But after last season, I think he will go early. Maybe even first round. He may not be the prototypical NFL QB, but he's a proven winner. Some team will take a chance that he can convert that to success on a professional level.

The experts still say 6-7 round or undrafted. Slow, improper delivery.

If Oklahoma is not undefeated they are ignored. A team like Utah can be undefeated and no one knows who the QB is or who the coach is. You may not see it but I do. I did go to a PAC-10 school but I have no strong affiliation with them or any other school. I am a fan of football first, I watch it all from middle school, high school and college right up to the NFL any given week. I did not say that Tebow or McCoy did not deserve it last year, that is completely different from saying Bradford was over-hyped and didn't deserve it. I thought McCoy deserved it last year and could win it this year.

So are you saying that OK was ignored last year? Last year kind of blows your theory of media not paying attention to them does it not?

The experts still say 6-7 round or undrafted. Slow, improper delivery.

So are you saying that OK was ignored last year? Last year kind of blows your theory of media not paying attention to them does it not?

Sorry but I am not interested in being argumentative, I am just stating my opinions. There are other places I can post and not be ridiculed - see ya.

Nobody is trying to argue at all. Everybody has opinions, including me. They always differ. That is what makes this world great. However saying that a team gets ignored if they lose once and then have that scenario happen last year and have them not ignored is part of this equation.

So regardless of any teams anybody plays, you believe OK plays a harder schedule than FL? Not a chance.

And regardless of NFL status, that does not always make a great college football player. Tebow most likely will not even get drafted. Yet there is not a player in the country or maybe EVER with his resume.

To think that OK or TX has a media biased against them is absurd. They get the same attention as any other top school.

I don't think that the media is biased against OU or Texas but they definitely have their favorites, USC and Notre Dame come to mind.

Tebow is a great college player. He has an unbeaten resume, but I don't think he's the best player ever.

I agree Spinscan.

I didn't read past your first sentence, because the ony way anyone says something like that is if 1, they never watched the games or 2. they are a rabid fan of some other team and can't be objective. Sorry I didn't read the rest of it.

Sorry but I am not interested in being argumentative, I am just stating my opinions. There are other places I can post and not be ridiculed - see ya.

So, it's okay for you to ridicule and be argumentative, but if you think someone is doing it to you (even when they aren't) you are going to take your ball and go home? Well, if that indeed is your attitude, don't let the door hit you on the way out. We have our own balls anyway.

Smallville, my wife is an alum of Pitt State. We'll be heading up there for the ESU game (and probably their homecoming also if it's not on the same day as a KSU home game).

As far as media favorites go, I find it amusing that either OU or Texas would complain about it. They're still media darlings and get much more exposure than the rest of the Big XII.

Full disclaimer - I don't watch college football, but what did the Boise State guy say to the Oregon guy? Why didn't the Boise guy get in trouble? Can the Oregon guy play next year? I have no idea why I'm even asking.

I don't know what the Boise player said, probably just trash talking. The Oregon player is a senior and can't play next year.

1st OU, now Oklahoma State looks to be going down this weekend as well.

If anyone missed the Notre Dame - Michigan game you missed out. One of the better overall games I have seen in a long time.

GO BLUE!!

1st OU, now Oklahoma State looks to be going down this weekend as well.

The state of Oklahoma just sucks at football.:D

Ohio St not looking good so far. 2nd pass of the game by them picked off. I think USC is going to roll them.

Wisconsin escapes with a win over Fresno & it took a bit of luck as well as OT's to make it happen. Their defense is extremely weak rught now, Freson was marching up & down the field at will.

If they don't improve in a hurry it's going to be a long year.

If anyone missed the Notre Dame - Michigan game you missed out. One of the better overall games I have seen in a long time.

GO BLUE!!

I saw the end of it. Glad the good guys won.

GO BLUE!!

And, I thought Matt Millen did a great job announcing it.

Wisconsin escapes with a win over Fresno & it took a bit of luck as well as OT's to make it happen. Their defense is extremely weak rught now, Freson was marching up & down the field at will.

If they don't improve in a hurry it's going to be a long year.

Speaking of going to be a long year...again (see avatar).

:crying::banghead::beat-up::angry:

Well, they did not roll them, but USC got the win on the road. I am not a fan of either school, but as a College Football Fan am sick and tired of the big 10 each and every year having high rankings, going to a bowl game and getting killed. The Big 10 is way down right now and until that changes, none of those teams have a chance against the elite teams in the country.

Pittsburg State got their behinds handed to them against Northwest Missouri State at Arrowhead last night. I don't know if which team was favored (both teams usually finish the season ranked in the top 10 and one of them usually wins the Conference Title) but it's the big game of the year for both teams.

Big First Quarter Fuels Northwest to 30-10 Fall Classic Win

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Northwest Missouri State University capitalized on a pair of first-quarter turnovers to jump out to a 20-0 lead en route to a 30-10 victory over Pittsburg State University in The Fall Classic at Arrowhead VIII Saturday (Sept. 12). The seventh-ranked Bearcats (2-1, 1-0 MIAA) turned the two interceptions directly into 14 points against the fourth-ranked Gorillas (2-1, 0-1 MIAA).

Aldwin Foster-Rettig intercepted a John McCoy pass and returned it to the PSU 33 to set up the first score of the game. Four plays later, LaRon Council plowed into the end zone from a yard out to stake Northwest to a 7-0 lead. Following a quick three-and-out by the Gorillas, the Bearcats then put together a 10-play, 62-yard drive with Blake Bolles capping the series with a two-yard touchdown pass to tight end Chris Kilgore. Joe Schroeder's PAT kick was blocked, leaving the Bearcats with a 13-0 advantage. Three plays later, Northwest's Marcus Martin intercepted a McCoy pass and returned it 38 yards to make it a 20-0 game with 10 seconds to play in the initial period.

Northwest stretched its margin to 23-0 on a 32-yard field goal by Schroeder with 5:09 to play in the first half. The Gorillas countered with a late score before the half. McCoy engineered a 13-play, 79-yard drive, running the ball in from 11 yards out to make it 23-7 with 24 seconds left in the half.

Neither team scored in the third quarter. The Pitt State defense halted a pair of Bearcat drives with key interceptions, including a pick by Bryan McMurtrey at the PSU 2 on Northwest's initial drive of the third quarter.

Jared Witter booted a 20-yard field goal for the Gorillas to make it a 23-10 game with 10:59 to play in the gmae. PSU had driven the ball to the Northwest 3, but the drive stalled and the Gorillas elected to kick. Northwest iced the game with their next series, putting together a 12-play drive that devoured six minutes and 32 seconds of play clock. Bolles tossed a 12-yard touchdown pass to Brian Shannon to effectively end the contest.

Bolles finished the game completed 17 of 28 passes for 193 yards and two scores. He added 42 yards on the ground as well. Council rushed 19 times for a game-high 99 yards. McCoy completed 7 of 18 passes for 142 yards with three interceptions. He also rushed 17 times for 64 yards. Terrance Isaac led the Pitt State ground gainers with 17 carries for 76 yards.

resize_image

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=126845

The Buckeyes are killing me...... 2nd and 19 on the 5 and you let them march.....

The Buckeyes are killing me...... 2nd and 19 on the 5 and you let them march.....

Something has to give. Tress or Prior or.... Did anyone see how big the chicken bone was that they all choked on??? :angry: There was a time that I tried to defend Tress and OSU but I am no longer going to defend them. They are overrated and Prior should have sent packing long ago when he was "holding out" on signing with a school. Maybe Tress needs to take a page out of Rich Rod's play book and practice the kids over what is allowed. Atleast Michigan played a full 60 minutes. And the reporter should have b*tch slapped Tress at half time when she asked what the hell he was thinking on that last drive and throwing the ball twice. "Well we didn't complete them." No carp, everyone in the stadium noticed that. The only time he opened the play book up and it bit him in the ass and then he tucked his tail the rest of the game.

To coach Tressel: Grow a set. Let the team play. Give them a chance to win and not a chance to lose.

I :love: Tressel, that maybe because I can't stand Ohio State. :rofl:

They summed it up great on Sportscenter yesterday. Until the Big 10 is relevant again, none of it matters. "Isnt the last time a Big 10 team was relevant was in 2003?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back