Off Course – Shot Scope Hole Maps, V5 and More

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 196. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, Gavin Dear from Shot Scope joins the show to discuss the new Pro ZR Rangefinder, Shot Scope V5 and launching course maps onto watches.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Gavin dive into the latest software update that brings course maps directly into your existing Shot Scope watch. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Gavin Dear goes Off Course.

Episode 196 is here and Dan and Gavin discuss the following topics.

ShotScope MyStrategy
Launching Course Maps on Shot Scope X5
The Data Experience THP Event
Pro ZR Rangefinder
A Soon to be Released Shot Scope V5
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode. If you get a chance, drop us a review wherever you listen from and let others know what you think of the show and/or channel.

Shot Scope V5 and X5 adds Hole Maps

Continue reading...

This just reminded me it was Friday! Can’t wait to give this one a listen to hear what tangents Canadan takes @GavinwithaR1 or will it be the other way around.

This will be fun to hear!!

This one is, as always, going to be great. Love me some shot scope.

Cannot wait to listen. Gavin is still the #1 instructor in Virginia soon to be New Jersey as well.

Will give this one a listen on the way home today, cannot wait. Love ShotScope and the Data Experience. They really do put out a phenomenal product and Gavin and Jen are so fun to meet, and the breakdowns they have done for THPers following these events are simply amazing.

Will queue this up shortly during my morning drive.

Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 196. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, Gavin Dear from Shot Scope joins the show to discuss the new Pro ZR Rangefinder, Shot Scope V5 and launching course maps onto watches.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Gavin dive into the latest software update that brings course maps directly into your existing Shot Scope watch. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Gavin Dear goes Off Course.

ShotScope MyStrategy
Pro ZR Rangefinder
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode. If you get a chance, drop us a review wherever you listen from and let others know what you think of the show and/or channel.

Continue reading...

I admit with the Ohio season in full bloom and not sight of golf recently I have not tuned in... For that I'm sorry

However this title got my attention and grabbed some enthusiasm back for the 2024 golf season

Love listening to Gavin and talk about the company and products. Slight concern is if he’s luring us in saying he played poorly or is he now fired up to practice more 😳

Bad shot comment is interesting but the counter is that’s your game and without reliable data how can someone improve?

Listening now on my drive in to work. Good stuff so far! Especially the data collection discussion

2-3 better decisions a round is a understatement 😆

Love listening to Gavin and talk about the company and products. Slight concern is if he’s luring us in saying he played poorly or is he now fired up to practice more 😳
I was thinking the same thing as I was listening. Love that scottish accent. Looking forward to meeting him in May at Hidden Creek.

I'll give this one a listen later. I'm a little intrigued with the V5, I've been kicking around the idea of diving back into shotscope tracking. I had a bunch of issues with my X5 that soured me a bit.

I also started to get obsessive about the data and I think it hurt my game rather than helped because I was 'playing to the numbers'. What I mean by that is I was more worried about hitting my numbers so my round data would look good, I'd obsess over every single shot more and my mind would be on how my shotscope would look after the round than the round itself. For me, I need to be more free out there and let the game come to me so to speak. But, I'm a unique kind of weirdo when it comes to that sort of stuff my experience getting obsessed with the data and how it looks shouldn't be a warning flag to anyone.

April 3rd for the V5 can’t wait!

Ear plugs on day two got it.

lol i can appreciate the ignorance is bliss attitude towards the data and not wanting it to piss me off

I'll give this one a listen later. I'm a little intrigued with the V5, I've been kicking around the idea of diving back into shotscope tracking. I had a bunch of issues with my X5 that soured me a bit.

I also started to get obsessive about the data and I think it hurt my game rather than helped because I was 'playing to the numbers'. What I mean by that is I was more worried about hitting my numbers so my round data would look good, I'd obsess over every single shot more and my mind would be on how my shotscope would look after the round than the round itself. For me, I need to be more free out there and let the game come to me so to speak. But, I'm a unique kind of weirdo when it comes to that sort of stuff my experience getting obsessed with the data and how it looks shouldn't be a warning flag to anyone.
This is an odd one for me as Dan sorta made a similar comment in the Podcast but the numbers are our game no matter what. Why does poor shots sour some from the data collection when that’s your game, your swing, your ability with the great, good, bad and ugly. The great thing on Shot Scope and the ability to track is it shows you were improvements can be made within that game. Like Gavin mentioned in the podcast a PGA professional didn’t know where he often missed off the tee till the information was made aware of it through data. This should be used as a asset to improve rather than a instrument you’re trying to create a high score on in order for you to get better.

Can’t wait to dig into this one.

Just finished listening. Very interesting stuff from @Canadan and @GavinwithaR1 .

The difference between the X5 and V5 is interesting. Kind of an upgraded V3.

ShotScope MyStrategy
Pro ZR Rangefinder
And so much more

Continue reading...

Definitely looking forward to listening to this today!

Can't wait to dive into this one in a bit.

This is an odd one for me as Dan sorta made a similar comment in the Podcast but the numbers are our game no matter what. Why does poor shots sour some from the data collection when that’s your game, your swing, your ability with the great, good, bad and ugly. The great thing on Shot Scope and the ability to track is it shows you were improvements can be made within that game. Like Gavin mentioned in the podcast a PGA professional didn’t know where he often missed off the tee till the information was made aware of it through data. This should be used as a asset to improve rather than a instrument you’re trying to create a high score on in order for you to get better.
I think you've captured it in the highlighted part. Some of us must be wired like that and instead of using the data to learn and improve, we use the data to further 'Gamify' our time out on the course.

I'm not sure I can properly explain why I think about it like that. When I was using ShotScope and would put a poor swing on a ball and not get the result I was hoping for my immediate first thought was "Great, now that's going to be haunting me forever in my data.", instead of thinking about how I was going to handle the next shot to save the score on that hole. To me that's a problem, specifically a 'Me problem' but a problem.

The system is fantastic. When it works well it works really well for a lot of people. I'm interested in getting into that group of people that it helps. Maybe that's the next big hurdle for me in golf is to work more on my mental game to be able to completely tune out that I have trackers on my clubs until after the round. As long as the system works seamlessly and records everything without any input or thought I think that becomes easier.

I'll be paying close attention to the feedback on V5. Luckily for me I've got two good friends that are participating in an awesome experience with ShotScope later this year and I'm sure they will do a good job talking me into adding the trackers back to my clubs. :p

As much as I love listening to data @GavinwithaR1 these first few minutes listening to business @GavinwithaR1 is brilliant as well.

+1 for hide and seek instead of golfing for the first round out too.

Started to listen to this one, will finish later today. Always happy to hear Gavin talk!

Back