Odyssey Ai One Cruiser Putters

I'm having a hard time *feeling* distance with the Jailbird. Distance control has been on point and I'm making a lot of putts inside 6'. But I just can't feel the distance with it, but the results have been good.

It's really screwing with my "process over results" mindset.

I see so much potential with the Jailbird Cruiser. The 4 to 6 foot putts with it are as automatic as with any putter that I have ever used. If I could just get the distance control down. I had three 3 putts in today’s round that were due to poor lag putts. 35 putts are too many for me. I am going to play it for a few rounds, though, and see if I can get it figured out.

Does anyone happen to know how much the stock grip weighs?

Many thanks in advance,
Max

Does anyone happen to know how much the stock grip weighs?

Many thanks in advance,
Max
I asked this a bunch and never got an answer. You can take it out with a normal golf wrench and the numbers are printed inside. My JB cruiser is 15 each. I tried putting without the weights in and it feels better to me. So I ordered some lighter weight. I echo what I see a lot of, it is working ok I just can't feel or control distance that well. I think they are just too heavy for some. Hopefully the lighter weight helps. I was at GG yesterday and the SC CB putters were out and they seem to weigh 15lbs. haha I love the length but hate the weight.

I asked this a bunch and never got an answer. You can take it out with a normal golf wrench and the numbers are printed inside. My JB cruiser is 15 each. I tried putting without the weights in and it feels better to me. So I ordered some lighter weight. I echo what I see a lot of, it is working ok I just can't feel or control distance that well. I think they are just too heavy for some. Hopefully the lighter weight helps. I was at GG yesterday and the SC CB putters were out and they seem to weigh 15lbs. haha I love the length but hate the weight.
Thanks!

Yes, I was going to see if I can get some lighter head weights in there, along with a slightly lighter grip. That’s why I would be curious to know how much the grip weighs. 😊

@War Eagle nope I don’t like it

IMG_8826.jpeg

I couldn’t steady my lower hand to smooth the stroke. It just didn’t feel solid to me.

It takes a bit to adjust to it. Doesn’t feel natural when you first give it a go.
Felt extremely awkward and I couldn’t steady the stroke. Tried for a good 5-10 minutes and just couldn’t make it work.

If there are 15g weights in it, should the longer counterbalance approach not work does anyone see any issues with chopping it and going with lighter weights to basically create a JB mini?

If there are 15g weights in it, should the longer counterbalance approach not work does anyone see any issues with chopping it and going with lighter weights to basically create a JB mini?
It would no longer be the theory behind what’s called counter balance. However it might work for you? So try it out and report back.

It would no longer be the theory behind what’s called counter balance. However it might work for you? So try it out and report back.
I know it would go against the counterbalance theory. Just kinda seeing if it would be possible in case I don’t like the counterbalance approach. Kicking the tires a bit on this head and thinking through which way to go.

Anyone else having issues with missing putts to the right?
Sounds like an alignment/aim issue. I started with a lot of left misses because of how I was aiming the face at address. I adjusted how I set the club down and it seems to have fixed it. Could also be an issue with your eyes too far inside the ball at address.

Back