Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

The Seven is a shape I was comfortable with right away. I tried the 7DB (Milled), 7CH and 7S, and the Seven S worked best for me.
It’s just so good!

I think I will definitely have an AI1 in my bag by next spring. I am looking forward to my putter fitting this month with club champion

I noticed the same for the two days I used it - it's not a huge difference from the OG White Hot I've been rolling, but it does come off a bit faster. I'm a "die it in the hole" putter so my miss is almost always short, and I wasn't leaving as many short with the Ai-ONE Seven S. I can't wait to spend more time with it!
I noticed this too. Definitely wasn't leaving much short, and that would typically be my miss.

Looking forward to getting the 7S in hand soon and start getting used to it. Also hoping to get to the store to roll that 3T S. In the end, if the main benefit of sticking with the new insert is getting more balls to the hole, than that is a huge plus.

Im going to try a different shape. Maybe the 3t. My putting is actually worse, I’m always good at speed control. I am not making as many from 5-10 feet as normal.

I think I will definitely have an AI1 in my bag by next spring. I am looking forward to my putter fitting this month with club champion
I will have the double wide and most likely be getting the Jailbird before next season!! and if I am feeling really crazy I might look into the Six T

These are really beautiful putters. It’s interesting that folks dis AI technology in other threads. Then, Callaway
launches it and it’s innovative. Frankly it is pretty darn cool. I’ll take a 21% improvement.

FYI

I had to have my Double Wide bent more upright. It was originally at 68* and I had it bent to 71*.

Much better.

I was surprised that it was 2* flatter than specification...this was never an issue with my other Callaway putters.

I will have the double wide and most likely be getting the Jailbird before next season!! and if I am feeling really crazy I might look into the Six T
Not gonna lie I like the double wide. I could see that possibly ending up in my bag

I am finally looking over my data from my two rounds at The Grandaddy. On my first round with the 6T, I had 21 putts, which I am confident was my lowest of the year. Now, I only hit 8 GIR, but I did have 4 birdies that round. Compared to a scratch golfer, I gained 2.74 strokes with the putter (2.29 vs a Tour Pro, according to Shot Scope).

On my second round, I had 27 putts for the round and gained 3.30 stokes vs a scratch and 2.65 vs a Tour Pro. My best round of the year from a strokes gained perspective.

I am finally looking over my data from my two rounds at The Grandaddy. On my first round with the 6T, I had 21 putts, which I am confident was my lowest of the year. Now, I only hit 8 GIR, but I did have 4 birdies that round. Compared to a scratch golfer, I gained 2.74 strokes with the putter (2.29 vs a Tour Pro, according to Shot Scope).

On my second round, I had 27 putts for the round and gained 3.30 stokes vs a scratch and 2.65 vs a Tour Pro. My best round of the year from a strokes gained perspective.
that is quite the first two rounds with a new putter!! I can't wait to amass this sort of data when we get our putters back!

This is fantastic. We have different styles on the green, but your stroke and putting from inside of 10 feet was fantastic. If the new putter helped that, this is tremendous.

This is fantastic. We have different styles on the green, but your stroke and putting from inside of 10 feet was fantastic. If the new putter helped that, this is tremendous.
I have been working on trying to be more fluid with my stroke and it felt so easy and natural with the new putter. I have a tendency to throw in a pop stroke here and there and it only showed up one time that I can think of during those two rounds.

Accidental putter mishap may have benefited you!! That’s wildly good putting

Accidental putter mishap may have benefited you!! That’s wildly good putting
I know. I could not have putted any better.

Hoping my Ai-One shows up on Tuesday!!

Stopped in at a Golftown the other day on my way after driving my son back to Toronto and tried out a 3,6 & 7 DB. Typical of Golftown up here, minimum number of putters and all in 35” and saddled with an anti-theft weight and plastic still on. I cannot stand testing a putter in the wrong length, I play 33” and the wrong grip, I play oversize. As i’ll result, I have to choke down on the putter so really doesn’t get a good representation my performance.

I will say with the Seven DB I drained 4 out of 5 putts from approx 22 feet. Back in the day the Odyssey Seven putter was solid for me so maybe this is something I need to take a closer look at in 2024. I just need to find one in the right length and the right neck. The last few years I have gravitated to the slant neck, but again that was just based on limited testing.

thought the putters felt really good but again they had limited stock so we’ll have to go back and try again, but I am going to see if they have a Odyssey demo day at the course in the spring. I would love to test on real grass.

Stopped in at a Golftown the other day on my way after driving my son back to Toronto and tried out a 3,6 & 7 DB. Typical of Golftown up here, minimum number of putters and all in 35” and saddled with an anti-theft weight and plastic still on. I cannot stand testing a putter in the wrong length, I play 33” and the wrong grip, I play oversize. As i’ll result, I have to choke down on the putter so really doesn’t get a good representation my performance.

I will say with the Seven DB I drained 4 out of 5 putts from approx 22 feet. Back in the day the Odyssey Seven putter was solid for me so maybe this is something I need to take a closer look at in 2024. I just need to find one in the right length and the right neck. The last few years I have gravitated to the slant neck, but again that was just based on limited testing.

thought the putters felt really good but again they had limited stock so we’ll have to go back and try again, but I am going to see if they have a Odyssey demo day at the course in the spring. I would love to test on real grass.
Milled or White Hot insert? The 7T DB fit my eye and can’t wait to get the putter back in hand. The feel off the milled face felt fantastic.

Just over here waiting for that jailbird to be released…man it’s so hard waiting 😂

Milled or White Hot insert? The 7T DB fit my eye and can’t wait to get the putter back in hand. The feel off the milled face felt fantastic.
It was the milled, had to ask to get the plastic removed, did feel really nice.

I think a 3T may be in the cards later this year...

I played yesterday and even though I putted well with my Versa, I missed the 6T. It will be fun to roll it again and on some speedy greens.

Stopped in at PGATSS and putted around with the Ai-ONE Rossie S.
Really like the feel and the little larger head.
Made putts close enough for "Gimmes"
Took everything I had not to walk out with it.

Used my TH5K TW for what could have been its last round yesterday, can't wait to get the Ai-ONE Seven S in the bag!

Back