Non-OEM head covers

Parrot

Bird of the People
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you remember your first? Mine was a Parrot. No particular reason other than my handle is Parrot. Since then I bought a tie-dyed FW cover, a couple of FW covers from bucket list courses and a couple of THP limited edition putter covers. I've received a few putter covers from Experiences and my Secret Santas gave me a THP putter cover, Hideaway FW cover and a Margaritaville driver cover. That's the extent of my collection. I'm cheap so I've shied away but I am kicking myself for not buying at least one Dormie cover. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to remedy that this year.

One thing I've noticed among THPers is that most have quite an extensive collection of covers. What got you started? OEM covers are boring? You bougie?

THP SeeMore covers were my first then the other THP limited editions. Still the only non OEM covers that I own.

Do you remember your first? Mine was a Parrot. No particular reason other than my handle is Parrot. Since then I bought a tie-dyed FW cover, a couple of FW covers from bucket list courses and a couple of THP limited edition putter covers. I've received a few putter covers from Experiences and my Secret Santas gave me a THP putter cover, Hideaway FW cover and a Margaritaville driver cover. That's the extent of my collection. I'm cheap so I've shied away but I am kicking myself for not buying at least one Dormie cover. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to remedy that this year.

One thing I've noticed among THPers is that most have quite an extensive collection of covers. What got you started? OEM covers are boring? You bougie?
Oh man, my first non OEM cover was a Daly Lion, it was fun, but then I learned more about big John and kinda soured on it a little. Still, was a fun cover.

I got started collecting because it’s fun. No other reason. I’m not a flipper, I just like to collect cool ones and display them. They make me smile, and it’s better than a lot of things I could collect hahaha

The only non OEM one that I have used in many years is a THP one.

Oh man, my first non OEM cover was a Daly Lion, it was fun, but then I learned more about big John and kinda soured on it a little. Still, was a fun cover.

I got started collecting because it’s fun. No other reason. I’m not a flipper, I just like to collect cool ones and display them. They make me smile, and it’s better than a lot of things I could collect hahaha

All of this - minus the Daly Lion.

I think I had the Tiger Woods 'Frank' Tiger but now I have a LOT.

Mostly just because it is fun

You got some boug working.

If I was used a blade putter, I would probably have a collection. Collecting mallet covers just isnt very cool.

If I was used a blade putter, I would probably have a collection. Collecting mallet covers just isnt very cool.

There are some great mallet putter covers, but overall I agree - Blade > Mallet

What came first? THP driver/fw cover or the putter cover?

Whichever one it was, it was that one. Followed by the other one, then lastly it's a dormie club hybrid cover.

7e2247e5a13cbe0c8984bd101be3f275.jpg

Been a slippery slope

What came first? THP driver/fw cover or the putter cover?

Whichever one it was, it was that one. Followed by the other one, then lastly it's a dormie club hybrid cover.
THP Putter covers have been around since before my time...

2022 Budget Golf Championship Driver Cover provided to us at Ballyhack. It’s a sweet cover.

THP Putter covers have been around since before my time...
Sorry a reference to the THP limited edition - but when I type that in search to look they don't show up. I think they came out in 2022?

when I was in high school had a Tazmanian Devil headcover, used it on my 3w for a bit too when driver heads would no longer fit. My next was Rocky from Rocky and Bullwinkle driver cover.

1702936347016.png
this was my first non oem head cover. It was my only non-oem cover until THPers corrupted me!

Big goofy moose. I might run that one back at some point this year.

I bought a Seamus tartan cover for my driver.

Yes I got my first in secret Santa last year it was a sugar skull golf one “Green Goblin”. Now I’ve got a few. All putter covers tho.

I should branch out.

My first non-OEM was a set of wood’ Stitch headcovers that I still have in a box. Almost still look like new at least 10 years later.

Mine was a odyssey hot sauce cover. Wasn't even on an Odyssey putter 😂

I had this made by Dormie Workshop. It’s my hometown muni 9 hole course, Prentice Pines ⛳IMG_3230.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 0
Back