NLU switches to Titleist!

ammac

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure if anyone else here is a fan, but I watched a YouTube video of these guys last night making the switch from Callaway to Titleist! They also got hooked up with Foot Joy. OMG, their fitting experience looked first class and something I can only dream of. Driver, fairway wood, irons, Vokey wedges and Scotty Cameron putter fittings at the TPI in California. I hope they do follow up videos and go more in-depth for each cast member. The video was fairly short and covered overview level outcomes on their new sticks. Worth the watch if your a fan. Hopefully I get a chance to go on one of the THPexperiences. 🤞🤞

Big fan of NLU and watched it last night as well. Interesting gains they got in their fittings as well. Would love to see the actual stats from the fittings.

They seem like a decent match for the brand.

Here is a behind the scenes of where they were fit we shot years ago.

Very surprised by the switch but love their YouTube content. Looking forward to watching the video

I think seeing the fitting experience is almost better than the brand selection. I'm sure Callaway has an outstanding fitting center (some might know about that here 😁). After going through a True Spec fitting last year, I'm not sure how a brand specific fitting is different (better?) than a brand agnostic fitting.

I get more out of the fitter tidbits and tips than I do them getting fit. I could listen to the top professional fitters all day and just be in awe of the knowledge of stuff one would pick up.

Uhhhh did anyone else notice the blacked out Titleist irons???

Love NLU and noticed that as well. Interesting.

They seem like a decent match for the brand.
When I heard this, I was thinking the same thing. Nothing against Callaway, but lately it seems that partnership had run it's course and this brand fits them better imo. Also it gives Titleist some exposure without much effort via social media and other non-traditional outlets.

Interesting video. I have never really watched any of their stuff. I listened to their podcast once and it was not for me. I didn't know they had youtube stuff too. This was much more interesting than their pod.

Do also find it fascinating that we care what a bunch of average golfers play. I get it. I totally do. I just chuckle a little internally at it.

When I heard this, I was thinking the same thing. Nothing against Callaway, but lately it seems that partnership had run it's course and this brand fits them better imo. Also it gives Titleist some exposure without much effort via social media and other non-traditional outlets.

Their age and the feel of the Travel Sauce series definitely gels with Titleist a bit more in my mind.

Interesting video. I have never really watched any of their stuff. I listened to their podcast once and it was not for me. I didn't know they had youtube stuff too. This was much more interesting than their pod.

Do also find it fascinating that we care what a bunch of average golfers play. I get it. I totally do. I just chuckle a little internally at it.

Some of the earlier pods were better IMO, still an interesting listen.

Some of the earlier pods were better IMO, still an interesting listen.

I listen to a decent amount of golf pod. They didnt make the cut. :ROFLMAO:

I listen to a decent amount of golf pod. They didnt make the cut. :ROFLMAO:
I only listen now depending on the guest. What other pods are you into?

I don’t listen to their podcasts but I can’t say enough good things about Tourist Sauce, Strapped, A week in the life, etc.

I only listen now depending on the guest. What other pods are you into?
Off course
WGP
shotgun start
fried egg
superintendent Radio - could be very boring for some but I dig it.
Golf science lab
birdies and Bogeys
Get a Grip (was better when Homa was a regular)
On the Mark

This is interesting. I wonder what kind of access they'll have for the Titleist lineup and making content with those players. Titleist has a lot of big hitters on both PGA & LPGA.

This is interesting. I wonder what kind of access they'll have for the Titleist lineup and making content with those players. Titleist has a lot of big hitters on both PGA & LPGA.
Interested in this as well. They already have pretty good relationships with a wide array of players. They’ve even done content with Titleist players such as Max Homa and Cam Smith

You can also see the new TSR hybrids in this picture;)
Are you sure they’re not the woods? Although the top right kind of looks like a hybrid head

Interested in this as well. They already have pretty good relationships with a wide array of players. They’ve even done content with Titleist players such as Max Homa and Cam Smith
l
Yeah definitely. Although that video they did with Cam at Streamsong was a little lackluster. It almost felt like Cam wanted nothing to do with it lol. They do a lot of cool stuff with the LPGA and women's golf in general. Probably because they have better access. The inside Stanford Women's golf videos were really good. Nelly Korda's swing needs to be highlighted as much as possible. One of the best in the world man or women.

l
Yeah definitely. Although that video they did with Cam at Streamsong was a little lackluster. It almost felt like Cam wanted nothing to do with it lol. They do a lot of cool stuff with the LPGA and women's golf in general. Probably because they have better access. The inside Stanford Women's golf videos were really good. Nelly Korda's swing needs to be highlighted as much as possible. One of the best in the world man or women.
I think it’s just Cams personality lol. The Stanford women’s golf video was so good. I bet they’re going to try everything they can to team up with Nelly Korda. It would be cool to see a wild world of golf with the Korda sisters

Are you sure they’re not the woods? Although the top right kind of looks like a hybrid head

100% hybrids. One of them is slightly bigger and a UW-competitor apparently.

Regarding N. Korda: She's no longer listed as a Titleist ambassador on the website. She was also testing TM irons during the PNC. Change in sponsorship might be on the horizon.

Back