I will share my initial thoughts (have had it like a month)

Creating a 'base' has been super easy and low calorie:
  • Fat Free Fairlife Milk
  • Sugar Free Pudding Mix

From there, mix in whatever you want - We have been on a bit of an Oreo Thins Kick in ours

If you want something higher protein you can use the Fairlife Protein Shakes, or add Protein Powder to the base I listed above.

The creaminess of the ice cream is mind-blowing imo

Just ordered my son and soon to be daughter in law one last week. Waiting for the invite over for ice cream....

I despise Ninja products.
**** quality, etc.
But I trust @TRyan and this one has cult following.

I despise Ninja products.
**** quality, etc.
But I trust @TRyan and this one has cult following.

Totally fair - but in this case I think the cult following is justified. The first time I made one it blew my mind.

MILES better than something like Halo Top and with better macros

Is this an ice cream maker?

@TRyan I know little, so I am assuming this does not have a condenser so do you freeze when it comes out?

@TRyan I know little, so I am assuming this does not have a condenser so do you freeze when it comes out?

So this is my 'full process'

Night 1 - Create my base and put it in the freezer
Night 2 - Pull the base out of the freezer, run the container under hot water for about a minute - Then run the mix - Typically comes out a little 'pebbly' add a touch of additional liquid (FF Fairlife) and respin once it comes out perfect Ice Cream consistency, I make a little hole in the middle and add my mix ins and run the mix ins

Then enjoy!

So this is my 'full process'

Night 1 - Create my base and put it in the freezer
Night 2 - Pull the base out of the freezer, run the container under hot water for about a minute - Then run the mix - Typically comes out a little 'pebbly' add a touch of additional liquid (FF Fairlife) and respin once it comes out perfect Ice Cream consistency, I make a little hole in the middle and add my mix ins and run the mix ins

Then enjoy!
So you do have to freeze the base, since it will not cool for you.
Can you do a ton of bases and have them ready? Or does that bring ice crystals in?

You have me in strong ponder mode now.
I already saved this in my Amazon list. This and a Kitchenaid attachment. Ice cream is my top dessert and this may help control calories, protein, sugar, etc.

So you do have to freeze the base, since it will not cool for you.
Can you do a ton of bases and have them ready? Or does that bring ice crystals in?

Yes you freeze the base 24 hours in advance
You can definitely freeze a bunch of them at once - We do that. Any ice crystals get taken care of during the 'mixing' process

I will reiterate that the first spin will look very pebbly and like you did something wrong - add a bit more liquid and hit respin and the magic happens

Let's Go!

I hope you like it as much as we do - and I know you will let us know

I will try and remember to start posting pictures in here.

They were basically sold out everywhere, we really had no choice but to order directly from them and get the deluxe. But I got 10% off so that helped, and I added 2 extra pints so we can make a few different bases. Now I need to go workout so I can enjoy this ice cream, lol.

They were basically sold out everywhere, we really had no choice but to order directly from them and get the deluxe. But I got 10% off so that helped, and I added 2 extra pints so we can make a few different bases.

Ya, they are very difficult to find. We had Amazon Giftcards so we ordered and had to wait about a month for it.

We have a vitamix so would be tough for me to drop extra coin on this when I believe the vitamix has the same functionality

We have a vitamix so would be tough for me to drop extra coin on this when I believe the vitamix has the same functionality

We have a vitamix too, and a kitchen aid with the ice cream attachment, but we have a small obsession with small kitchen appliances, especially now that I have new pantry haha.

The Vitamix cannot do this - It is a fantastic blender, but if you tried to do this using a Vitamix it would not work.

The Vitamix cannot do this - It is a fantastic blender, but if you tried to do this using a Vitamix it would not work.
Is the only difference the ability to slowly mix things like Oreos/reeces/etc.?

Is the only difference the ability to slowly mix things like Oreos/reeces/etc.?

They just do different things - If you took the base you used in the Creami and put it in a Vitamix it just wouldn't be anywhere near as creamy and ice-cream-like.

An Ice Cream Maker and a Blender are just fundamentally different things.

Back