Yes a good club builder should be able to switch them up since it is aluminum

On the Nike website it says the shaft tip is .335 on the stock Fubuki. Can I not just have the VRS tip switched to a Proforce shaft with a .335 tip? Again, I've never looked into an adjustable club. I've been leaning towards the Ping G20 mainly because it is one of the last non-adjustable drivers on the market but I really love the Nike VRS.

You can order the VRS with a V2 from TGW.com for a $50 upcharge. Might wanna check with Discount Dan's about placing a custom order, too. That's really probably less expensive than buying the V2 seperate and paying for installation.

My launch angle is 14-16* as well but I believe my backspin is too high. Sometimes I get a little bit of ballooning...

What kinda numbers are you seeing in the back spin department?

That is a sweet looking piece .

First round with the new driver was a bit iffy, ball bad a little tail to the right on it, felt hot off of the face and sounded great at impact. Hard to tell on distances. Need to work on the swing and get it locked in

First round with the new driver was a bit iffy, ball bad a little tail to the right on it, felt hot off of the face and sounded great at impact. Hard to tell on distances. Need to work on the swing and get it locked in

I look forward to seeing it Friday dude. We'll get you locked in quick, and then we'll get to watch the bidding war on the 910 haha

Every time I hit this driver I really want to like it but it just never seems to work for me.

It is by far the best sounding driver they have made though.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time I hit this driver I really want to like it but it just never seems to work for me.

It is by far the best sounding driver they have made though.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the sound, man its a billion time better than the tin can sound of the machspeed they made a few years back

thanks, I'll check it out

Those last 2 posts on top of each other just didn't sound... or look... good lol!:bulgy-eyes:

Hi i bought a vrs driver a while back and for a while wasnt able to use it the fubuki k shaft just never seemed to work well could have a couple good long drives with it but most were slices. I have the 9.5 driver and adjusted to 10.5 recently with a new shaft the aldila rip'd nv and i was able to hit it well for my first time hitting it with the new shaft, but have since put it to 9.5 and with this shaft i have been hitting the ball longer and straighter then my previous driver. Even miss hits are still getting the ball out a good distance atleast 20-30m further than a decent swing with my previous driver would get me. This driver with the right shaft fitted for the person works really well. Im normally around 200m with my driver on really good hits my last game i was averaging around 230-240m and missed one fairway with a bad swing and was only just off the fairway.

Hi i bought a vrs driver a while back and for a while wasnt able to use it the fubuki k shaft just never seemed to work well could have a couple good long drives with it but most were slices. I have the 9.5 driver and adjusted to 10.5 recently with a new shaft the aldila rip'd nv and i was able to hit it well for my first time hitting it with the new shaft, but have since put it to 9.5 and with this shaft i have been hitting the ball longer and straighter then my previous driver. Even miss hits are still getting the ball out a good distance atleast 20-30m further than a decent swing with my previous driver would get me. This driver with the right shaft fitted for the person works really well. Im normally around 200m with my driver on really good hits my last game i was averaging around 230-240m and missed one fairway with a bad swing and was only just off the fairway.

Welcome aboard and yeah, this is a really great driver! I'm with you on the stock shaft though, as I had to use something different as well. Glad you're liking it!

I'm starting to think you all are right about the stock Fubuki. The dispersion is just not as tight as I'm used to with my previous drivers. When my swing is on, the club is awesome. When my swing is not, the shaft just exaggerates the swing flaw. I do think the club head is very forgiving throughout the face. If I have the $$, I may order a new shaft from Nike. I don't want to sound like a broken record but I wish Nike would sell the tips like TM. Ordering a custom shaft can be as much as new driver. If the tip were a available, I could install on a shaft I have sitting around the experiment. Maybe someday Nike...maybe someday.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

I'm starting to think you all are right about the stock Fubuki. The dispersion is just not as tight as I'm used to with my previous drivers. When my swing is on, the club is awesome. When my swing is not, the shaft just exaggerates the swing flaw. I do think the club head is very forgiving throughout the face. If I have the $$, I may order a new shaft from Nike. I don't want to sound like a broken record but I wish Nike would sell the tips like TM. Ordering a custom shaft can be as much as new driver. If the tip were a available, I could install on a shaft I have sitting around the experiment. Maybe someday Nike...maybe someday.

Why not see if the tip from current shaft can be removed. If so you can get your own custom shaft.

Tadashi, I would just swap out if I knew the shaft was going to work. I wanted to swap between the two to compare. I know a shaft can fix a swing flaw but I never had a shaft exaggerate one before. I played around at an outing and had one of my worst driving days in a LONG time. I could not find a fairway with any adjustment I could do. I could normally try to tweak my grip or ball position to get by the round, but that day I have never seen my self slice the ball the way I did. I normally draw the ball and when I'm off, I snap hook it. My playing buds even commented that they have never seen me slice a ball before.

Like I said, it was a really off day. I will see how tomorrows round goes and report back.

Anyone know if you can use the R11 wrench to adjust the VRS? I didn't get a wrench with my driver but I have an R11 wrench.

Anyone know if you can use the R11 wrench to adjust the VRS? I didn't get a wrench with my driver but I have an R11 wrench.
The only way to find out is to see if the threads match. If my memory serves me correct they are not a good match, but I cold be wrong.

Tadashi, I would just swap out if I knew the shaft was going to work. I wanted to swap between the two to compare. I know a shaft can fix a swing flaw but I never had a shaft exaggerate one before. I played around at an outing and had one of my worst driving days in a LONG time. I could not find a fairway with any adjustment I could do. I could normally try to tweak my grip or ball position to get by the round, but that day I have never seen my self slice the ball the way I did. I normally draw the ball and when I'm off, I snap hook it. My playing buds even commented that they have never seen me slice a ball before.

Like I said, it was a really off day. I will see how tomorrows round goes and report back.

It sounds to me like a swing path issue to me. But that issue combined with the wrong shaft will exaggerate any mistakes.

It sounds to me like a swing path issue to me. But that issue combined with the wrong shaft will exaggerate any mistakes.

It definitely is a swing path issue. I need to hit the range more and figure it out. You could be right about the shaft. It could be the wrong one. When I bought the VRS, my swing was a good groove which is probably why I didn't see the slicers.

It also could be my setting. When I bought it, I had it at neutral. I now have it on neutral flat which I think makes it 4* flatter. Could this be causing my slice? I forget if a flat lie causes a fade or draw.

The only way to find out is to see if the threads match. If my memory serves me correct they are not a good match, but I cold be wrong.

The bit matches up I was more concerned with the torque. Gave it a shot today and it all seems OK.

Glad to hear it, how did the driver perform in a new setting?
The bit matches up I was more concerned with the torque. Gave it a shot today and it all seems OK.

What's your new setting? I'm thinking of changing mine up to not be so flat to see if that doesn't exaggerate my swing flaw as much.

Actually didn't change it I thought I could open it another tick but it was already there.

I just picked up a VRS from my local golf shop about a month ago; someone had traded it in and it looks BRAND new; at the price they were asking, and knowing it came with Diamana 'ahina vs. stock Fubuki, I couldn't resist. I was gaming a Cleveland SL290, emphasis on was; now that i've got it dialed in, this driver is longer and straigther than my old sl290

Back