Niblick Unboxing & Thread

I hope they do, my wife likes her Adams Chipper, but I think she'd do better with one of these. Plus it would fill the gap between the PW and the 56. The Adams is a great chipper, but that's all it is, so it's hard to justify. It's OK for her right now, but as she gets better, I think the Niblick will better serve her.

Last edited:
After using the 42 degree version at the range and the last cuple of rounds I have played, I have gotten the feel of it and enjoy the club and I am much more comfortable around the green. Very interested in results of testing results of the 49 and the 56 versions.

Last edited:
Range testing pictures of the new Niblicks.

723102006_4XHo6-L.jpg

723102098_M8KsE-L.jpg

723102163_GvH6t-L.jpg

723101726_h3P7u-L.jpg

723101641_MXR4X-L.jpg

723101803_fzWfr-L.jpg

723101923_H4dg5-L.jpg

Not bad.

nice looking club! i'm really excited to read the review and try it out myself.

btw, does anyone know how far the 56* niblick flies on a full shot? is it about the same as the 56* cg14? i ask because the 37* and 42* versions of the niblick tended to be shorter than an iron of equal loft.

For me it was 5 yards shorter than my regular 56*.

How about out of sand?

Rhino, this was taken out of the Cleveland Wedges thread (http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?p=166165#post166165). I was interested in that information as well.

As for the 56* Niblick vs the CG15 out of the sand, it is very different. I even took GG up to the range tonight and let her try it out and she liked it a lot. It took a few swings to get used to, but it works down right well. If someone struggles out of the sand, this could be their solution. But there is a small learning curve, and there are some obstacles.

Great pics JB, can't imagine what these would be like with the etching as well, as on the cg15's.

Hmmm... count me as being one of those newly interested in the Niblick concept with a 56* model. Actually do fine out of the sand, but since I don't take full swings with any wedge above 50*, replacing a SW with a 56* Niblick would be easier than replacing a PW with a 42* or whatever Niblick.

Short chips when I shortside myself and have to actually get the ball in the air, but have less than 10 yards to the hole are my nemesis for shortgame.

Hmmm... count me as being one of those newly interested in the Niblick concept with a 56* model. Actually do fine out of the sand, but since I don't take full swings with any wedge above 50*, replacing a SW with a 56* Niblick would be easier than replacing a PW with a 42* or whatever Niblick.

Short chips when I shortside myself and have to actually get the ball in the air, but have less than 10 yards to the hole are my nemesis for shortgame.

I'm thinking more about replacing my 50° wedge with the 49° Niblick. I like my 56 out of the sand too much, plus it comes in handy on the downslopes around the greens at my course.

This is were the niblick pay's for itself. quarter and half swings that stay on line are the norm when lofting into the air. There is a learning curve, but that would be rather short if it wasn't for the creativity or imagination that pops into your mind when you start seeing all the options available. I spent half an hour last week practicing from under a tree on my home course. No other club gave me the feel to hit a low punch that would check!

These new higher loft niblicks have got to be Un-Fair, lol.

Since we held back putting the review up today, I wanted to cover a question here that we have received quite a bit about using the 56* in the bunker. Does it work? In a short answer YES! The beauty of this in the sand is that it can be used quite a few different ways as well.

1. Play it like a Niblick - For those that struggle out of the sand no matter how often they practice it, you can use a normal Niblick stroke and the ball pops right out. Line up your target and use it like a putter or similar to that. It takes a small amount of practice with this style, because you still have to hit slightly behind the ball, but when you get used it (only took both GG and myself about 5 tries to get used to it), it is quite easy and simply pops up and then lands softly.

2. Use it like a normal sand shot. No need to open up the club face (you really cant) and play it just like you would for your normal sand shot. If you struggle with this, look at our home page and view the video on the top right hand corner called THP TV. This produces a huge amount of spin and works flawlessly as well. The extra weight and bounce slide through the sand easier than most wedges and the result is a high arcing, soft landing, ball that spins a LOT.

Both shots work great and were tried on quite a variety of different shots and sand types. Thick and thin sand, hard and soft sand. None gave it any problems. We also used it on short sided sand shots, as well as about 6 different pin locations and not one gave the 56* Niblick any problems at all.

This could be a great stroke saver for anybody that struggles with the short game.

By chance, did you try the 49° in the sand?

By chance, did you try the 49° in the sand?

I did, and while it worked, not like the 56* did. It would be like playing a GW or PW out of the bunker and higher lipped sand traps can cause problems.

Right. Just curious, since there are times I will putt out of a trap, I'm thinking the Niblick would work better. (Yes, around here, with our sometimes sand-packed, hard bunkers, I'll putt out if I feel it's better for me).

So JB, based on what you saw with the testing, are you going to add a second Niblick to your bag? I beleive you already had the 42 degree like me. I am wondering if it makes sense to carry two niblicks. Thoughts?

JB when is the review going to be? I currently have the 42 but am thinking of replacing my 42 with a 49 for those greenside chips and 80 yard approach shots also may consider replacing my SW as well.

So JB, based on what you saw with the testing, are you going to add a second Niblick to your bag? I beleive you already had the 42 degree like me. I am wondering if it makes sense to carry two niblicks. Thoughts?

No, I will not add a 2nd one, as I really do not struggle with the sand shot much at all. However I have thought about exchanging the two not because of the sand, but because the club I belong to has very small greens that are extremely fast. The 56* will land a little softer than my 42.

JB when is the review going to be? I currently have the 42 but am thinking of replacing my 42 with a 49 for those greenside chips and 80 yard approach shots also may consider replacing my SW as well.

The review will be early this week.

The review pretty much said what I was expecting.

What does everyone think about using multiple niblicks in their bag? Carrying 2, 3, or all 4 of these instead of wedges? Is it overkill ? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There are a few that do it. 2 maybe for me, but more than that could cause distance problems.

Back