NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mike Smith gets a day suspension for diving, Kessler should be suspended for 8 days. I had repect for him in the Olympics but holy hell, he's making himself look so stupid against the Kings.

Kesler wouldn't be allowed in the league. He would be serving popcorn in the stands.

Kesler wouldn't be allowed in the league. He would be serving popcorn in the stands.

And Alex Burrows? I have a feeling that even the Canucks fans don't like him. Him, LaPierre and Kessler... pests of the NHL.

And Alex Burrows? I have a feeling that even the Canucks fans don't like him. Him, LaPierre and Kessler... pests of the NHL.

Smack on the noodle. As a transplanted Vancouverite there is no way I'm cheering for the "home" team while these idiots are around.

Smack on the noodle. As a transplanted Vancouverite there is no way I'm cheering for the "home" team while these idiots are around.

You can be an honorary member of the "Rest of Canada Hates the Canucks" club.

Caption contest?

136302257_slide.jpg

Hahaha, that's a classic picture.

Seriously, the Devils just pulled Brodeur? I never thought I'd see the day where he got pulled in a playoff game! Plus, the game is tied, it's not a blowout.

4 unanswered by the Cats to take the lead! 3-3 on the power play. Sick.

What happened to Hossa?

Twitter just telling me that Torres left his feet to hit him and that he was taken off on a stretcher. Just flicked to the game, but they haven't shown anything yet.

Edit: They just played it.

Boarder line late, depending who you talk to. Did leave his feet though. Torres also has a history of dangerous hits. Think it should be reviewed at least.

Yes sir! Comeback Cats with a 2-1 series lead!!!

Devils go down again. My padre is not very happy.

Torres with the charge, feet in the air, contact to the head, arguably late.

That was a brutal hit, and the worst part, is PHX ended up with a powerplay. Torres remains in game.

The officiating is a joke. Torres should not play again this playoffs after that.

Last edited:
Torres with the charge, feet in the air, contact to the head, arguably late.

That was a brutal hit, and the worst part, is CHI ended up with a powerplay. Torres remains in game.

The officiating is a joke. Torres should not play again this playoffs after that.

Here is the Torres hit for those that haven't seen it. How this is not a penalty is beyond me, the officiating and league discipline process in the playoffs has been awful.

Wow that's a tough hit. I really don't like Hossa, but nobody deserves that. I can't believe anybody would wish for somebody else to be hurt.

just saw the hit on NHL.com and wow i can't believe that wasn't a penalty i dont think i remember a playoffs with so many dirty hits and plays in it before.... Shanny has a run away train here and he better do something sooner rather than later!

just saw the hit on NHL.com and wow i can't believe that wasn't a penalty i dont think i remember a playoffs with so many dirty hits and plays in it before.... Shanny has a run away train here and he better do something sooner rather than later!

I was thinking the same thing man.. How many times have we seen games get out of hand? How many dirty, unnecessary shots...

I've enjoyed the physicality, but it's well out of hand at this point.

Whole heartedly agree. That was disgusting. Seems to Torres's specialty in the playoffs.

Whole heartedly agree. That was disgusting. Seems to Torres's specialty in the playoffs.

Yeah, I don't remember him being dirty at ALL in Columbus, but he's stood out the last couple years in the playoffs as being cheap.. It's a shame.

Yeah, I don't remember him being dirty at ALL in Columbus, but he's stood out the last couple years in the playoffs as being cheap.. It's a shame.

This is the third instance I can come up with from the top of my head. First was in 2008 I believe on the Oiler's run. Takes out Marleau and wins the series because of it. Then last year when he tried to kill Seabrook. Seems Columbus managed to keep him under wraps mostly.

If the guy that concussed Alfredsson got 3 games, I would think that Torres would get the same amount. But who knows with the NHL anymore.

If the guy that concussed Alfredsson got 3 games, I would think that Torres would get the same amount. But who knows with the NHL anymore.

Repeat offender, hit to the head... I really think we're looking at 5+ here...

Also from Dreger at TSN on twitter..

4 game suspension for Asham. 1 game for James Neal. Torres suspension will and should make all the rest seem very insignificant.

guess the suspensions to neal and asham are fair... i though neal might get 2 but i guess it won't much matter i think the flyers close this series out tomorrow night.

guess the suspensions to neal and asham are fair... i though neal might get 2 but i guess it won't much matter i think the flyers close this series out tomorrow night.

Makes me wonder what you call Shea Weber's actions on Zetterburg if Asham gets 4 games for "intent to injure" and Weber gets a fine.

Makes me wonder what you call Shea Weber's actions on Zetterburg if Asham gets 4 games for "intent to injure" and Weber gets a fine.

i said weber should have been suspended for what he did..... after watching Shannys explanations on both suspensions im disgusted with the league right now.... its gotta be fair across the board not oh he's a superstar we can't suspend him cause its the playoffs. neal has been suspended before and fined and had 2 warnings this year???? i didn't know his history and only gets 1 game? i was on the fence on if he should get 1 or 2 but with his history now im thinking 2 but i think this is again a superstar free pass which is complete BS imo. I know this is gonna look like im saying it cause of him being a penguin but they need to start handing out stiffer penalties so guys are scared to lay out dirty hits. if you look at the dirty plays across the league this playoffs its a lot of better players doing the stuff that should be penalized and they aren't getting anything to scare anyone into not playing dirty. The weber thing was a disgrace all around. its dumb all this whining all year by the NHL about head hits and intent to injure and now its like oh well its the playoffs so were gonna just let it slide! its disgusting.

i said weber should have been suspended for what he did..... after watching Shannys explanations on both suspensions im disgusted with the league right now.... its gotta be fair across the board not oh he's a superstar we can't suspend him cause its the playoffs. neal has been suspended before and fined and had 2 warnings this year???? i didn't know his history and only gets 1 game? i was on the fence on if he should get 1 or 2 but with his history now im thinking 2 but i think this is again a superstar free pass which is complete BS imo. I know this is gonna look like im saying it cause of him being a penguin but they need to start handing out stiffer penalties so guys are scared to lay out dirty hits. if you look at the dirty plays across the league this playoffs its a lot of better players doing the stuff that should be penalized and they aren't getting anything to scare anyone into not playing dirty. The weber thing was a disgrace all around. its dumb all this whining all year by the NHL about head hits and intent to injure and now its like oh well its the playoffs so were gonna just let it slide! its disgusting.

See I think 1 game for Neal is perfectly fair considering neither player he hit had to leave the game due to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back