new workout...and added 60yds off the tee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I'll go ahead and sum up some of the things that the OP has said which make us suspicious:

1) 4 weeks of forearm/arm work has resulted in averaging 280-290 yards (up from 265ish) with some bombs as far as Dustin Johnson at 350 yards

2) He plays 1-2 times per week

3) No range time

4) No lessons

5) He believes that his 4 weeks of forearm work has resulted in world class lag time

6) He believes that lifting weights has made his hand-eye coordination better

7) His new driving distance average (after 4 weeks of forearm curls) is now .1 yards lower than the PGA average driving distance, with his group's average being 10 yards less than the PGA.

8) His swing speed was last clocked at 105 (typical conditions resulting in ~241 yards of carry with 15-20 yards roll). He's now claiming that forearms curls must have increased his swing speed to 125+

9) I use Dustin Johnson as an example...tall, long extremities, fast SS, world class golfer. You are in your 40's, 5'6", average SS, and a weekend warrior.

10) OP has stated he does not stretch and has no change in flexibility...so we cannot even chalk it up to increased flexibility.

Pretty much every valid explanation has been shot down by either the OP (i.e. him refuting the flexibility, him claiming NO range sessions [coordination], or common sense.

I'm not flaming because in this post I did nothing but state what has already been stated (well except on #9). After compiling what has already been said...do you see why these claims seem somewhat unbelievable?

lol, please quit stating you're not flaming because that's exactly what you're doing. you have no insight and nothing constructive...two things that would allow me to take you seriously despite our handicap differences. thanks for the laugh...

Okay guys, lets be civil. Chiromikey, it is natural to be skeptical of your caims, this is the internet, after all. Jericho also has some valid points there. I still want to see some launch monitor numbers, if possible, before I give my judgment.

lol, please quit stating you're not flaming because that's exactly what you're doing. you have no insight and nothing constructive...two things that would allow me to take you seriously despite our handicap differences. thanks for the laugh...

Lets make sure we keep things civil here. No reason to bring handicaps into this what so ever as far as I am concerned. Lets be honest here, you have shot down every single thing that would make this correct, given numbers of 105 which would make it almost physically impossible to see these distances without about 60 yards of roll and all anybody has asked are questions to try and learn more about this magical distance. I think its entirely fair to ask questions and as long as people are civil about it, there is no reason to close a thread.

let's be honest, i haven't "shot down" anything and i don't appreciate that choice of words. i've offered truthful answers to every question and i don't need someone with a passive-aggressive attitude flaming me and then making himself feel better by saying he's not. i've never said i get no range time (just not in the past few weeks), i've never said i've not taken any lessons, i stated that it's been a while since my ss was measured and it may have changed. asking constructive questions is one thing (and appreciated) because i'm looking for the answer just like you guys are but i don't need the extra garbage from people that are insecure about what someone they don't even know can do.

with that said, let's get right to what jericho thinks he needs from me before he can move on. what claims are unbelievable to you? the fact that i can drive the ball 300yds? is it that the only change i've made was an arm workout? what's the real problem here?

After the claims you have made here about your driving distance I am more inclined to believe his handicap is lower than yours. You obviously have trouble with numbers.

let's be honest, i haven't "shot down" anything! i've offered truthful answers to every questions and i don't need someone with a passive-aggressive attitude flaming me and then making himself feel better by saying he's not. i've never said i get no range time (just not in the past few weeks), i've never said i've not taken any lessons, i stated that it's been a while since my ss was measured and it may have changed. asking constructive questions is one thing (and appreciated) because i'm looking for the answer just like you guys are but i don't need the extra garbage from people that are insecure about what someone they don't even know can do.with that said, let's get right to what jericho thinks he needs from me before he can move on. what claims are unbelievable to you? the fact that i can drive the ball 300yds? is it that the only change i've made was an arm workout? what's the real problem here?
Remember bud, keep civil. This doesn;t have to be a fistfight. (Sorry if I am out of line with this post, mods).

After the claims you have made here about your driving distance I am more inclined to believe his handicap is lower than yours. You obviously have trouble with numbers.

Don't start trouble just because the Eagles finally won a game. lol.

Kevin

let's be honest, i haven't "shot down" anything and i don't appreciate that choice of words. i've offered truthful answers to every question and i don't need someone with a passive-aggressive attitude flaming me and then making himself feel better by saying he's not. i've never said i get no range time (just not in the past few weeks), i've never said i've not taken any lessons, i stated that it's been a while since my ss was measured and it may have changed. asking constructive questions is one thing (and appreciated) because i'm looking for the answer just like you guys are but i don't need the extra garbage from people that are insecure about what someone they don't even know can do.

with that said, let's get right to what jericho thinks he needs from me before he can move on. what claims are unbelievable to you? the fact that i can drive the ball 300yds? is it that the only change i've made was an arm workout? what's the real problem here?

I think it might be time we shut this thread down then.
Its clear you are struggling with some others having natural doubts and perhaps just enjoying the rest of what THP offers in this forum might be better for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back