New wishon 919 thi

LBlack14

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
12ish
Hand picked to 9.5* and sead square FA. Gettin a Harrison SAGA 65g S and will play @ 46". More pics when finished.

IMG_2869Medium.jpg

IMG_2862Medium.jpg

IMG_2863Medium.jpg

IMG_2866Medium.jpg

IMG_2867Medium.jpg

IMG_2864Medium.jpg

IMG_2868Medium.jpg

UPDATE 3/12/11

IMG_2883Medium.jpg

IMG_2873Medium.jpg

IMG_2874Medium.jpg

IMG_2875Medium.jpg

IMG_2876Medium.jpg

IMG_2877Medium.jpg

IMG_2881Medium.jpg

IMG_2880Medium.jpg

IMG_2882Medium.jpg

Last edited:
I figured I'd bump this up for the morning crowd. Need to expose them to alternatives too.

Nice looking driver head.....if you don't mind me asking, what did it cost? And do you shop online or via a catalog.

Is it bad that the first thought I had was, "Gee, Wishon painted it white just like Taylormade"? Otherwise, good looking driver head. Let us know how it does on the course after you get the shaft and grip attached. :smile:

Wishon, in my opinion, is bar none the best component stuff out there and just all around great stuff in my experiences.

Good stuff LB! (and good to know you have an account! lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it bad that the first thought I had was, "Gee, Wishon painted it white just like Taylormade"? Otherwise, good looking driver head. Let us know how it does on the course after you get the shaft and grip attached. :smile:

Ya know what's worse? When I read your post I wondered, did you happen to have that same thought about Taylormade considering BANG and Low Pro Golf did white heads waaaay before Taylormade did?:friends:

Ya know what's worse? When I read your post I wondered, did you happen to have that same thought about Taylormade considering BANG and Low Pro Golf did white heads waaaay before Taylormade did?:friends:

They sure did.

But if you think Wishon did this driver in white because Bang and Low Pro Golf did a while back, I have some land to sell you. They (and others) are doing white drivers to take capitalize on the trend and marketshare that TaylorMade has brought to the white driver. Nothing wrong with it, but there is no question as to why it happened.

They sure did.

But if you think Wishon did this driver in white because Bang and Low Pro Golf did a while back, I have some land to sell you. They (and others) are doing white drivers to take capitalize on the trend and marketshare that TaylorMade has brought to the white driver. Nothing wrong with it, but there is no question as to why it happened.

Not quite sure where you got that idea? All I'm saying is people think this was an original idea by TMAG and the fact is, it's been done before and you are right about marketshare.

Good looking driver head. I think they are going for some TM capitalization here. What shaft are you putting in it?

edit, Nevermind, I see the shaft now, lol

Hand picked to 9.5* and sead square FA. Gettin a Harrison SAGA 65g S and will play @ 46". More pics when finished.

Can you clarify what this means? I'm feeling a little dumb over here. It's a good looking driver head, I like the idea of building up your own club. What kind of price range would one be looking at here? (Or is google my friend?)

My normal playing partner plays with the previous gen 919 THI and he is a lethal driver -- long and accurate. I guess it's fortunate for my wallet that I've rarely seen him hole a putt outside of 3 1/2 feet!

I have the Wishon 949 MC fairways in 14 and 16.5 degrees. I'll bag one or the other depending upon the course and conditions. They are very solid clubs -- nice pro look, pretty forgiving and a great sound and pace off the clubface.

Can you clarify what this means? I'm feeling a little dumb over here. It's a good looking driver head, I like the idea of building up your own club. What kind of price range would one be looking at here? (Or is google my friend?)

The stated loft is 9* I had them measure and hand pick mine to a loft of 9.5* and the face angle measured and picked square.

Googe is your friend, but you'll most probably have to go through a Wishon dealer.

Google will not be your friend here. Getting prices on Wishon clubs seems to be highly classified information. I can tell you that last year I was quoted $450 for a 919 fitting included. What irked me about this particular maker is he has all his drivers premade and to deviate from the off the rack shafts would cost me more $$$. Not sure how his setup is dramatically different from going to a store or pro shop. For that kinda money I needed more than an off the rack experience.

That said, the club looks great. I would love to have a Wishon as I have heard nothing but great things.

My club maker loves Wishon drivers/fairway woods. I almost went with a Wishon 3W but decided on the Krank one in the end.

UPDATE:

IMG_2883Medium.jpg

IMG_2873Medium.jpg

IMG_2874Medium.jpg

IMG_2875Medium.jpg

IMG_2876Medium.jpg

IMG_2877Medium.jpg

IMG_2881Medium.jpg

IMG_2880Medium.jpg

IMG_2882Medium.jpg

Looking good

Can I say until this thread I had never heard of wishon, nor have I heard of that shaft you put in it, but it looks great.

Good looking club. Have you hit it yet? How to the #'s compare to your previous model?

Can I say until this thread I had never heard of wishon, nor have I heard of that shaft you put in it, but it looks great.

Wishon is good but the Saga shaft is PHENOMENAL.

Ironically I had very different feelings about it based solely off launch monitor numbers. But I am so glad it has worked for so many.

It just cannot hold a candle for my swing to quite a few shafts that we have tested. I am a BIG believer that EVERYBODY should have a shaft fitted for them. Especially based on cost and availability now. There is just no reason to buy a driver without numbers.

I agree J, I have it in my J33 (which is the best head/shaft I've EVER hit) and another on the way that I'm going to install a R9 adapter to use in my SuperTri.

Side note: If you've never hit a J33R 460, you're doing yourself a disservice. This head is in a class by itself.

Side note: If you've never hit a J33R 460, you're doing yourself a disservice. This head is in a class by itself.

For low spin no question. But for players that need spin, that would be a VERY hard driver to work with. It was called the spin killer for a reason.

Good looking club. Have you hit it yet? How to the #'s compare to your previous model?

Haven't hit it yet, just finished turning down the ferrule this afternoon. Heading to work tomorrow to see how she acts on the range. The real, on course, test to come next week.

I personally didnt love the SAGA shaft in my 09 Burner though I do like Harrison shafts, but I ended up putting the Mugen prototype in it and was seeing much better performance.

For low spin no question. But for players that need spin, that would be a VERY hard driver to work with. It was called the spin killer for a reason.

Just curious to know if you have you played one?

Back