New Taylormade Ghost Putter's (2011)

I picked up a Rossa Corza Ghost yesterday. Went into Golf Galaxy with a completely open mind, no particular brand or model of putter on the radar except for the fact that I knew I wanted a face-balanced mallet style. I spent over an hour testing different putters from just about every manufacturer they had on the shelf - Ping, Cleveland, TM, Odyssey, Never Compromise, Heavy, etc., and in the end the Rossa Corza was the winner for me. I liked the way it set up and even though I'm not one who salivates over the whole "ghost" thing, I actually liked its look at address. The Ping Scottsdale HoHum had the best impact sound to me, but the Rossa Corza's somewhat subdued 'click' wasn't bad. Truth be told, in the end I really wanted to like the HoHum better than the RC, but I consistently got more accurate distance and aim from the Rossa Corza.

I know a synthetic putting green in a store isn't a truly accurate representation of real-world putting, so I'll be using it in anger for the first time during a round tomorrow. I'm very interested to see how my experience with it in the store translates to actual use on the course.

Release timeline

Release timeline

there will be a new line of ghost putters for 2011 coming out in march. i bought one a few weeks ago at golf galaxy and went to return it today because of some nicks i didnt notice (which really stand out on a white putter) and they couldnt order a replacement from TM bc they are no longer shipping. store manager told me that the new line will be in stores in march and will have a promotional build up much as they are doing with the 2011 ghost driver coming out in Feb. price point is supposed to be around 150 for blade and 180 for mallet, not sure on other model types.....needless to say i returned my club and am waiting until march, not much golf in NY until then anyway...

After playing my first round with the RC Ghost today, all I can say is that for me it's M-O-N-E-Y. I was all over the hole like I've never been before....unfortunately, it was the only part of my game that was working worth a darn today. The feel is excellent and really helped me to get my lag putts a lot closer to the hole than I've been in the past. I still pushed/pulled the occasional putt, but not nearly as many as with my old putter(s). It's consistent with the impressions I had using it in the store - I really like the way it lines up, the sound is nice (a couple other guys in my foursome commented on the sound), and my distance and accuracy both improved noticeably. I know it's more about the Indian than the arrow, but this is a darn fine arrow.

there will be a new line of ghost putters for 2011 coming out in march. i bought one a few weeks ago at golf galaxy and went to return it today because of some nicks i didnt notice (which really stand out on a white putter) and they couldnt order a replacement from TM bc they are no longer shipping. store manager told me that the new line will be in stores in march and will have a promotional build up much as they are doing with the 2011 ghost driver coming out in Feb. price point is supposed to be around 150 for blade and 180 for mallet, not sure on other model types.....needless to say i returned my club and am waiting until march, not much golf in NY until then anyway...

Did you hear this from TM or the store? Really curious because I have never heard this before from any company that they are not shipping previous models that are still in line products.

Back