New Release: Callaway Apex UW

Hit the 16.0 a LOTTTTTTTT today, and other than one junky swing, hit it really well among the 20+ MPH winds.

This has a shot. The thing is, I would have to drop 3W, then the 19.0 as well, and replace that. If the 23.0 tour head I have would fill that gap, then it’s easy, but I don’t know if it would.

Hit the 16.0 a LOTTTTTTTT today, and other than one junky swing, hit it really well among the 20+ MPH winds.

This has a shot. The thing is, I would have to drop 3W, then the 19.0 as well, and replace that. If the 23.0 tour head I have would fill that gap, then it’s easy, but I don’t know if it would.
The gap between the 16 and 23 too big?

The gap between the 16 and 23 too big?
Not for my needs. Plus, I worry more about distance gaps than loft gaps.

I’d actually have to go 23 UW aaaaand 23 UT in that setup.

Not for my needs. Plus, I worry more about distance gaps than loft gaps.

I’d actually have to go 23 UW aaaaand 23 UT in that setup.
I was meaning the distance gap between 16 and 23.

I was meaning the distance gap between 16 and 23.
I know, which is what I was talking about in the first sentence. The second was a follow up adding to that about how that setup would work out.

I don’t focus on loft gaps, it’s all distance gaps for me, and the 16/23/23 would separate well, likely 255/225/215 carry sequencing.

I am currently 17°/21°/4h(23°) with gaps around 240/225/210

If I could find one I would replace the 4h with a 23° UW and shorten the shaft a touch. Try and fill the same gap. The thing I like about the UW over hybrid is it is less likely to miss left for me.

So....the 16 degree UW....

Screenshot (298).png

And don't mind the optimizer red numbers, I still had it set on driver.

The UW is a club that gets me excited, Never thought I was going to have a FW in my bag that I would trust and want to hit again. I now get more excited about hitting the UW more than my UT's... This thing has great flight.. i am seeing a mid flight with either a straight ball flight or fade.. but is also very workable if needs to be with control... unlike a hybrid,

How ever will you manage being 12 yards offline :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Numbers look pretty darn good sir...

Haha! Right?

It’s really easy to hit, just like the 19, but I don’t know if it’s worth dropping my 3w for.

Fantastic numbers, James. That smash factor…
It was hit hard. And that was after 3 hours on the monitor. Last shot I hit of the day. 🤣

Haha! Right?

It’s really easy to hit, just like the 19, but I don’t know if it’s worth dropping my 3w for.
It is!! IMO. I've actually replaced my 3 wood with the 17*. So I have Driver, 17* UW, then 21* UW

It is!! IMO. I've actually replaced my 3 wood with the 17*. So I have Driver, 17* UW, then 21* UW
You’ve not seen how I hit my TD T 3W hahahaha

So, what you are saying is I need a 16* UW?
You don’t want to spend what I did, it was dumb, hahaha

17 hand picked at 16

You’ve seen how amazing the 19 is though, it’s kinda that do it all club so a 17 would infringe on that

You’ve not seen how I hit my TD T 3W hahahaha
Fair enough. BUT I have seen how I was hitting my 3W. Welcome to the 17* baby!!

Haha! Right?

It’s really easy to hit, just like the 19, but I don’t know if it’s worth dropping my 3w for

Think I've heard you say on numerous occasions that options are great. Do you hit either of them better than the other?

Think I've heard you say on numerous occasions that options are great. Do you hit either of them better than the other?
3W is a weapon for me, could this be? Maybe. But I also wouldn’t be able to play the 19 anymore

3W is a weapon for me, could this be? Maybe. But I also wouldn’t be able to play the 19 anymore
Got it- purpose and bag make up for you. Makes sense, but still some d@mn good numbers.

How do the numbers with this compare to the 3w?

You don’t want to spend what I did, it was dumb, hahaha

17 hand picked at 16

You’ve seen how amazing the 19 is though, it’s kinda that do it all club so a 17 would infringe on that
17* it is.

Back