New Release: Callaway Apex UW

This is nice. I could easily see it replacing my current 7wood - might even kick the hybird out of the bag.

What’s interesting is they’re much more aimed at fairway and low lifted hybrid replacements, so I’m not sure you’d see a fit for one as a 4i player.

Thank you for reading!
Interesting must of been in a daze while reading this morning in bed. Now my mind is really blown.

Would this be appropriate for a really crummy golfer?

I've got space for a 5W.:unsure:
Honestly, I think it could fit a pretty wide spectrum based on needs. If you prefer a hybrid to a fairway wood, this might just be the ticket.

Honestly, I think it could fit a pretty wide spectrum based on needs. If you prefer a hybrid to a fairway wood, this might just be the ticket.
I agree, particularly with the two higher lofts of the three.

I agree, particularly with the two higher lofts of the three.
I'm just really liking the abundance of options that have been coming out lately. Maybe it's the same every year or maybe this year has given extra options but I've read a lot of people don't like the longer irons and this is just another one adding into the options category especially with all of the boxes that it seems to be checking.

Good writeup and I love how this one sits behind the ball. I need help at the top of my bag and this will get a try along with the new super hybrid. I cannot wait to see how this performs side by side. Extra spin isn't a bad thing for me with long irons!

In lefty, 19* Apex UW and 18* Epic Super Hybrid, replacing 5W and 3W. Nice ponder.

I don't know. I've never hit a hybrid. I don't even look at them because they're always funny looking to me compared to fairway woods. :unsure:

Is this the same niche club as the Cleveland hy-wood?

Is it the same? I don't think so, they look, sound and feel quite different. They will also be a bit golfer dependent as this has quite a bit less bias to one side or the other. They would fill similar spots in the bag I believe, but definitely different clubs.

Nice timing on this write up. Just after I bought the epic super hybrid. Might have experimented with this one instead. Oh well got a super deal on the epic. Still will be pondering this one. Be fun to experiment with.

@JB Any chance you have an Apex Pro hyrbid that you could take a face height compare shot to the UW? Curious if the face heights are the same...

Nice write up Conceptually, this seems to be in the same general space as the Heavenwood. Is that fair? Is this one more than a refreshed Heavenwood?

Thanks for the write up about the new UWs from Callaway.

There are now so many different ways to achieve one’s preferred bag make up with different choices regarding woods, hybrids, hy-woods, UWs. Although I have always gone with fairway woods in my bag, I definitely not foreclosing the possibility that a UW would work for me. Having different choices really makes club pondering and selection to be a fun process.

Well crap. I need to find one to try.

This is getting a bit wild for me. Mini Drivers to Super Hybrids to a Utility Wood, I'm just not tracking the need for all of these varieties, but hey to each their own. I know you all who have taken the plunge into the super hybrid world love them so...
I am in the other camp - I really love how Callaway covers so many different needs in this space.

@JB Any chance you have an Apex Pro hyrbid that you could take a face height compare shot to the UW? Curious if the face heights are the same...
Sure. I am on a conference call, but as soon as I am done, sure.

Y'all have fun. I appreciate reading about equipment I won't own because I can't play it. I buy enough that might fit me.:ROFLMAO:

Excellent writeup.

I am loving the Callaway Epic Speed Fairways in 4 and 7. Callaway is open to experiment and try new concepts. I admire that "Why not?"

Now THIS is something I'd love to test/write up on. Looks like the ideal club to stripe out of some fluff.

Y'all have fun. I appreciate reading about equipment I won't own because I can't play it. I buy enough that might fit me.:ROFLMAO:

Excellent writeup.

I am loving the Callaway Epic Speed Fairways in 4 and 7. Callaway is open to experiment and try new concepts. I admire that "Why not?"

I actually dig that as well. It doesn't always jive with me. But I love that they still go for it. Also, while doing so, they don't just throw out something that is half-assed right? I mean this thing, yes a niche club, as a bunch of their big boy tech baked in.

Sure. I am on a conference call, but as soon as I am done, sure.

You are the best! Thank you! Certainly no rush. Just curious...

Multi tasking for the win.

View attachment 9032227

Ohhhh..... deeper face on the UW.....it seems. Ponder has shifted into overdrive! lol

BTW, Callys website says these won't be available until Jan 2022. If I recall, the THP article says mid Oct.... ?

Back