New Cleveland Golf Zipcore XL Irons

They look as long as this year's XL which I think was a turnoff for most folks.
I hope I'm wrong and they shortened them a bit because they were great irons outside the overly long head.

They look as long as this year's XL which I think was a turnoff for most folks.
I hope I'm wrong and they shortened them a bit because they were great irons outside the overly long head.
If they did that then they’d just be Srixon’s, no?

Reminds me of an updated version of the Launcher CBX irons from a few years ago. Really liked those so these will get a cursory look at some point in the future.

Quite the metamorphosis (obviously) from what I remember of Cleveland irons in the 90’s. A couple guys on my HS golf team gamed Cleveland VAS irons, but it’s been years since I’ve known someone in Cleveland irons. I’m liking the looks of these, I do believe.

If they did that then they’d just be Srixon’s, no
Maybe, but even reviewers pointed out that centering the ball was cumbersome on the XL's and I agree.

I also hope they don't put both the club number and loft on the club. That was dumb.

Maybe, but even reviewers pointed out that centering the ball was cumbersome on the XL's and I agree.

I also hope they don't put both the club number and loft on the club. That was dumb.
I do believe I am in the minority of liking the loft on the club...

Love loft on the bottom of a club. It breaks the minds of skyfisters.

The issue is both number and loft, pick one or the other not both.

I prefer number but that's just out of familiarity not iron ego.😉

The issue is both number and loft, pick one or the other not both.

I prefer number but that's just out of familiarity not iron ego.😉
I like both, probably because its out of the norm and different than what we see on every other iron set. Im weird like that.

I still prefer iron number. I often bend lofts on irons so that would just cause me fits to have lofts stamped on them.

Any timeline for these?

Any timeline for these?
My local shop had the CBX4 wedges in the fitting cart since Monday, but not the irons. Nor did they have the woods in yet either even though info has been released on the woods already.

I saw the new Cleveland hybrid irons today in a gol shop today. Interesting spin they are adding to the face. Never seen it done and I wonder the value in it but I guess I’ll wait for the reviews

At least they put the loft under the number instead of beside it like last year. The back looks better than the original XL but overall it looks very similar to last year's. I'm glad Cleveland went with Dart shafts this year.

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpeg
    IMG_1539.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1540.jpeg
    IMG_1540.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1541.jpeg
    IMG_1541.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1542.jpeg
    IMG_1542.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 36
At least they put the loft under the number instead of beside it like last year. The back looks better than the original XL but overall it looks very similar to last year's. I'm glad Cleveland went with Dart shafts this year.
I cant speak to these irons yet (soon), but I dont believe those are DART shafts.

I cant speak to these irons yet (soon), but I dont believe those are DART shafts.
I thought it said DART but not 100% positive as I looked at it fast while snapping pics.

On a side note, they do have more of a pronounced V sole as opposed to last year.

I thought it said DART but not 100% positive as I looked at it fast while snapping pics.

On a side note, they do have more of a pronounced V sole as opposed to last year.
The stock graphite shaft is the UST Helium Nanocore and the stock steel is the KBS Tour Lite 95

The stock graphite shaft is the UST Helium Nanocore and the stock steel is the KBS Tour Lite 95
You’re correct, I was thinking about the UST Recoil with the new DART technology (Dual Action Recoil Technology) on the ZX 4. I’m on equipment overload. lol.

They do look so close to the latest ZX4. I wonder what the exact difference between the two is as they’re very appealing to me and my wallet is getting scared.

Back