New Arccos Link Pro

RITZ

Reaction score
Handicap
Received email from ARCCOS today on the new improved Arccos Caddie Link monitor "Arccos Link Pro." Looking to get some on-course trial reviews once golfers can give it a try to see if it especially captures more shots during the round vs having to go back later to add shots from various locations on the course. Cost from the Arccos link increased about $75 so hopefully this unit does what they advertised the ARCCOS Link to do. Item description indicates you don't need your cell phone to be on you but of course you still need the phone in hand, bag, or cart to see what the distances are for next shot to the pin. Hopefully this time (3rd generation technology?) they got it right.

The All-New Arccos Link Pro​

Automatically track your shots without your phone.

Arccos Link Pro​

Regular price$224.99 USD

New Link Pro is next generation tech that allows Arccos members to automatically track shots right from their pocket, without a phone. Completely redesigned with new microphones, enhanced GPS and now comes with a wireless charging case. Arccos Link Pro, play the game your way.

Next gen technology for next gen performance includes:
  • Works in front pocket to track shots automatically
  • Wireless Charging Case that powers Link Pro for up to 12 rounds of golf
  • Improved microphones and GPS for even more precise shot tracking
  • Small and lightweight, less than 25 grams, measuring 2.25" (L) x 1.25" (W) x 0.75" (D)
  • Compatible with Arccos Smart Sensors and Smart Grips
  • Compatible with iPhone and Android devices and weather-resistant
*Arccos Smart Sensors (sold separately) are required.
Arccos is the Official Game Tracker of the PGA TOUR.

Permitted under the Rules of Golf, according to United States Golf Association (USGA) decision #2023-0650.
ShareShare on Facebook TweetTweet on Twitter

Your Pocket Just Got An Upgrade​

Game-changing analytics tracked right from your pocket

LINK PRO KEY FEATURES​

WORKS IN POCKET
Link Pro can be placed inside your front pocket for seamless shot detection.
CHARGING CASE
Power up to 12 rounds of golf and store your Link Pro securely in your bag.
MARK THE PIN BUTTON
Easily mark pin location for even more precise approach and putting stats.

Have you got Sensors?
Arccos Link Pro requires Arccos Smart Sensors in order to track your game. Arccos Smart Sensors are the perfect option to get started.

https://www.arccosgolf.com/products/arccos-caddie-smart-sensors
How to get started with your new Link Pro.

Play Video

Play Video

Take a look at in-play with new Link Pro.

The all new Link Pro and charging case.

Play Video

Play the game your way with Link Pro

HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS?​

Visit our FAQs page for more information.

I got the email too and wondered what was new except the charging case...

For me, Link worked well enough and I very rarely had missed shots. I know that's not the case for all.

But what made me switch away is the complete lack of progress on the software and dashboard side.

I have used my apple watch instead of the Link for the last 2 seasons. It works pretty well, but certainly does not capture EVERY shot. The biggest downside is that it kills my apple watch battery. I don't love the idea of something else in my pocket (already carrying tees, a couple balls, ball marker, divot tool, etc. in front pockets), but do you find it to not be that big of a deal?

I use my Apple watch too and I wonder if that's why I never have problems with Arccos. My phone is in my front pocket anyway because I like looking at the hole and being able to quickly measure certain things with the app. Marking pins is a 1 second tap on the watch and the iPhone app makes edits so easy my mother could do it. I guess the link serves some purpose if you're not in the Apple ecosystem but I never got the point of it.

I use my Apple watch too and I wonder if that's why I never have problems with Arccos. My phone is in my front pocket anyway because I like looking at the hole and being able to quickly measure certain things with the app. Marking pins is a 1 second tap on the watch and the iPhone app makes edits so easy my mother could do it. I guess the link serves some purpose if you're not in the Apple ecosystem but I never got the point of it.
I have used my apple watch in the past but battery was an issue. I was able to get an ultra and curious as to if that will be better

I have used my apple watch in the past but battery was an issue. I was able to get an ultra and curious as to if that will be better
True, battery life can be an issue. I have a Series 6 now and I always make sure it's fully charged before I play but by the time we're done it'll only be a couple more hours before it starts dying. If I started on a half charge I doubt I'd make it through a 5 hour round.

I have the same issue with my Series 6. I find that theater mode helps (the screen stays off unless I tap it on). I also bought a portable battery pack watch charger for it.

For me, Link worked well enough and I very rarely had missed shots. I know that's not the case for all.

But what made me switch away is the complete lack of progress on the software and dashboard side.
When Shot Scope works better and does it with no subscription fee, that is why Arccos has to keep raising money.

They FINALLY updated the Beta dashboard and it's mostly out of Beta. It's absolutely ridiculous how long that took. If I was a paying subscriber, I would be pissed about that and the fact they kept raising pricing whilst not adding any features. I'm lucky so far because I am on Gen 2 non subs sensors. I've heard once you replace more than 5 it switches you, but I have an email from support saying that will not happen. We'll see...

As for the Link Pro. the price is high at $300 just for that and no ugprade path from previous gens. If / when stuff starts dying, I'll be looking around at other options as $200 CAD a year is also a little steep. I'm not against paying per se, but there has to be real value in what I am paying for.

They FINALLY updated the Beta dashboard and it's mostly out of Beta. It's absolutely ridiculous how long that took. If I was a paying subscriber, I would be pissed about that and the fact they kept raising pricing whilst not adding any features. I'm lucky so far because I am on Gen 2 non subs sensors. I've heard once you replace more than 5 it switches you, but I have an email from support saying that will not happen. We'll see...

As for the Link Pro. the price is high at $300 just for that and no ugprade path from previous gens. If / when stuff starts dying, I'll be looking around at other options as $200 CAD a year is also a little steep. I'm not against paying per se, but there has to be real value in what I am paying for.
I'm also on the Gen 2 sensors, so no subscription cost. But I also have an email from Arccos support saying that if I change more than 5 sensors, I'm on the money loss train. But after seeing ShotScope platform in action here and with my father, I'm still switching, even when I'm not on subscription currently. The data review side is that bad in comparison.

I'm also on the Gen 2 sensors, so no subscription cost. But I also have an email from Arccos support saying that if I change more than 5 sensors, I'm on the money loss train. But after seeing ShotScope platform in action here and with my father, I'm still switching, even when I'm not on subscription currently. The data review side is that bad in comparison.
So the complete opposite from what they told me then!

What do you see is better on Shotscope in general?

Wyatt Sensors Email.jpg

View attachment 9241110
This is what they told me to. However, as soon as I started replacing sensors, I had to sign up for the subscription.

If it wasn’t for the functionality on the Apple Watch, I would have totally ditched Arccos by now. I was ready to and then they released the Apple Watch version that doesn’t even require tethering to the phone. That was a game changer for me! If it wasn’t for that function, there is no way I would still be willing to pay for Arccos.

View attachment 9241110
I had to go back to find the email and correct myself. The response I got from them was:
"If you have 5 or more Gen3 sensors in your bag, you will be prompted for a subscription to use the service due to upgrades in technology."

How the techonlogy of the sensors would make any difference beats me. Smells like a forced subscription signup.

For me, the biggest things that ShotScope does better are:

- Club data, the way Arccos did it for a long time was utter crap, as you couldn't make a whole lot of sense of dispersion data. The new platform is an improvement, but SS is still better. This a key thing when looking at my bag. And the new SS MyStrategy is an even bigger improvement.

- Approach data. Arccos pools a ton of that into one, so you can't really get into the where, why an what with you miss.

- Driving data. I hate that Arccos pools it all into one for all par 4's and 5's. It messes up how I want to view my driving data.

I do like how well the Link worked and the course overlay on my phone. It was easy to quickly clean up the last hole shots and plan shots.

1000007091.jpg

So yeah, just a forced subscription signup...

So yeah, just a forced subscription signup...
I wonder if they will do anything if I send back that email if / when the time comes, I bought 10 sensors when they were on sale because of that mail stating I would be okay.

Thanks for the information on Shotscope, definitely food for thought in due course.

Between price AND a subscription, there's still zero incentive for me to switch away from Shotscope....

This is what they told me to. However, as soon as I started replacing sensors, I had to sign up for the subscription.

If it wasn’t for the functionality on the Apple Watch, I would have totally ditched Arccos by now. I was ready to and then they released the Apple Watch version that doesn’t even require tethering to the phone. That was a game changer for me! If it wasn’t for that function, there is no way I would still be willing to pay for Arccos.
I'm switching to Golfshot this year... if it does 75% of what it claims, I'll be happy. If it does none of it, I'm only out $20 from a black friday event and can go back to Arccos. Whatever the solution, I want it to work through my apple watch. I'm not interested in changing out the device on my wrist.

I'm switching to Golfshot this year... if it does 75% of what it claims, I'll be happy. If it does none of it, I'm only out $20 from a black friday event and can go back to Arccos. Whatever the solution, I want it to work through my apple watch. I'm not interested in changing out the device on my wrist.
Using what I want in my wrist is one of the things that matter to me. That's why I liked the Link. And will go H4 with ShotScope. I wear a Garmin watch daily, so I'm not going to switch just for golf. Especially as long as the health data is not sent over automatically after the round.

I have the previous Link and it has worked well for me.

The Arccos system has been extremely helpful in identifying the areas I needed to focus on to improve my game.

The only problem I have is that because I play a lot of golf, over 200 rounds a year, the batteries in the Arccos sensors only last about a year. It is my understanding that even if you are not using them to track your round everytime you pull a club out of the bag the sensors get turned on.

Arccos has been very good about sending me new replacement sensors when I’ve called their customer support number during the warranty period.

They also just emailed me an offer in January that I could get 5 sensors for free as a subscriber. I received my sensors a week or so ago and changed out the sensors that were going bad.

I need to order a new putter sensor right now because it is not working at the moment.

Overall, I’ve had a good experience with the Arccos system.

From what I've seen, battery is an issue with Gen 6 and below watches. It is not a major issue for watches newer than that.

I won't be buying the Gen3 link. I bought Gens 1 and 2 and that's enough.

From what I've seen, battery is an issue with Gen 6 and below watches. It is not a major issue for watches newer than that.

I won't be buying the Gen3 link. I bought Gens 1 and 2 and that's enough.
I have the ultra from last year and the amount of battery Arcos uses just a blip.

Received the new Link Pro yesterday and will be putting it into play today.

Received the new Link Pro yesterday and will be putting it into play today.
Look forward to your feedback on it. Have you upgrade from a previous gen link? Hopefully they have (among other things) added affirmative confirmation of pin marking.

I did upgrade from the first generation.

Used the Link Pro today and it performed well.

Back