johowdy123

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I know I have written about my love the the age old TEE Cb1, but my CB1 is starting to show its age, and I am beginning to see some deminishing returns with all the work its had. (IE. hosel weakened from being bent, heat damage from constant changing of shafts, exc)

What is everyone's suggestion for a great tee box biased 3 wood? I've been to so many demo days I've lost count. I can remember really liking the I20, but so many 3 woods. lol I hit my 3 wood primarly off a tee, but I am know to go for long par 5's with my 3 wood from time to time. Mainly just head design, as the shaft will instantly be changed. lol (I am that bad) Looking for a lower ball flight, I naturally have a very high flight.

Thanks all!

I'd go TEE again. I know there are a bevy of good ones to choose from, but that would be where I would start personally.

Have you had a chance to swing the CB4?

Hey all,

I know I have written about my love the the age old TEE Cb1, but my CB1 is starting to show its age, and I am beginning to see some deminishing returns with all the work its had. (IE. hosel weakened from being bent, heat damage from constant changing of shafts, exc)

What is everyone's suggestion for a great tee box biased 3 wood? I've been to so many demo days I've lost count. I can remember really liking the I20, but so many 3 woods. lol I hit my 3 wood primarly off a tee, but I am know to go for long par 5's with my 3 wood from time to time. Mainly just head design, as the shaft will instantly be changed. lol (I am that bad) Looking for a lower ball flight, I naturally have a very high flight.

Thanks all!

The best thing to do is go to a big box store and hit every 3 wood that you can find. This will let you see your numbers via a launch monitor and compare what feels best to what performs the best.

I did this exact thing and the I20 performed and felt the best to me. I primarily play my 3w off the tee and the I20 was no slouch in that department. But go and find what works best for you.

The best thing to do is go to a big box store and hit every 3 wood that you can find. This will let you see your numbers via a launch monitor and compare what feels best to what performs the best.

I did this exact thing and the I20 performed and felt the best to me. I primarily play my 3w off the tee and the I20 was no slouch in that department. But go and find what works best for you.

Only problem with that is the lack of selection. No TEE, Bridgestone, etc.

910 Fd, RBZ, R11 ti

Other than the ones that have been mentioned, be sure to try out the Mashie 14˚ 3W. Some good feedback on that in the Mashie review thread.

the Adams Fast 12 needs to be considered too....

Great guys. And yeah, I virtually live at Golfsmith, and their selection is only so strong. They lack many of the other brands that are worth considering and they never carry anything in stock with a shaft that's anywhere near what I perfer. Usually don't even carry 3 woods in stock X. (I know I am in the minority, but a shaft can vastly change the opinions of a club)
How does your current 3 woods feel? How do they play for you?

Thanks!

I absolutely love my 910fd. Like you, I mainly use it off the tee. Definitely long and a great flight path. I went with the 15*, but you could also just get the 13.5*

Your best bet is to get fitted. I love my 910F off the Tee but another person may completely hate it because the heads to small for their eye. Based on my friends recommendation I was all set on RBZ. Tried it at a fitting and absolutely hated it.

I spent the most time with the G20, RBZ and Speedline12. I would rank them in that order. I bought the G20. I think it is longer and more forgiving than the others and good off the tee or deck. That said, I'm struggling with it a bit right now but that is me not the club.

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 3w,
there is a reason Phil M. is still using one, I've also seen another tour player using one but I
don't remember who it was(may have been on the European Tour).
Anyway, looks great when setting up to the ball and great feel when hit off the tee and I like the
low profile design.
I almost replaced mine with an F12 but decided it was still an awesome club, no need to replace it.
Although certainly not the newest club, it can be had for a good deal if you search,
Cheers
Pea

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 3w,
there is a reason Phil M. is still using one, I've also seen another tour player using one but I
don't remember who it was(may have been on the European Tour).
Anyway, looks great when setting up to the ball and great feel when hit off the tee and I like the
low profile design.
I almost replaced mine with an F12 but decided it was still an awesome club, no need to replace it.
Although certainly not the newest club, it can be had for a good deal if you search,
Cheers
Pea

I had that club in a 5 wood and the 5 wood was a really solid club. I'd imagine that the 3 wood is about the same

Ping G20 is da bomb.

I like my TEE XCG-4 4 wood, but if I had it to do over I'd have went with a 3W instead of 4W and X-stiff instead of stiff. The Motore plays a little soft in it.

It also plays nothing like the CB4 Tour.

The XCG-4 goes high and straight and has the trampoline feel at impact, the CB4 Tour has a lower ball flight and has a more solid feeling at impact.

Thats good to know about the XCG-4. I definitely don't need any club help getting it up. lol

Don't overlook the TM Burner 2.0. They are going for a good price right now and I absolutely love mine off the tee.

Don't overlook the TM Burner 2.0. They are going for a good price right now and I absolutely love mine off the tee.

also some of the older burner woods are going new for $99 in some places, I may have to sneak one out too!

Love my RBZ in a stiff. Hit it off the tee and the deck both and have no complaints at all. Ball just explodes off the face.

Definitely agree that 910Fd is optimal for off the tee use. Also the RBZ Tour is great for tee shots. Other then those you might want to look at the new line of fairways from Adams, the F12 and the Super Fairway XTD. Both have had good reviews.

Definitely agree that 910Fd is optimal for off the tee use. Also the RBZ Tour is great for tee shots. Other then those you might want to look at the new line of fairways from Adams, the F12 and the Super Fairway XTD. Both have had good reviews.

+1

That super xtd fairway is hot, hot, hot :bulgy-eyes:

I think you should look at the Mashie F3. I have the stock C. Kua in xstiff and while I've only had it for two rounds of golf I can point out a couple of positives. Its very easy to hit and it is very solid at impact. You won't get a better stock shaft than you will in this golf club. I find dispersion to be much tighter compared to other 3woods I've owned. Do you like straight balls? Because this club excels at them.

Back