Nelly Korda wins 2024 LPGA Drive On Championship, WITB.

21 deg is really a 5W in my mind not a 7W. I play the M4 5W which is 21 deg. Not sure why TM calls it a 7W.

All the 7 woods I have owned have been 21/22 degree. Callaway and Taylormade.

Don't know how she doesn't win every week. That swing is too pure

I love how Nelly said her caddy told her ‘to get her head out of her ass’ !!! 😂

Interesting. The Olson Proto was in the bag at start of the week.
Just watched second round and she was already using the Scotty...and back to left hand low

Looks like the Scotty in the first round too. I wonder if she’s done with Olson. She’s skipping the Asian swing so we won’t know for 7 weeks.

Nice to see Nelly move up to #2 in the world rankings, behind Lilia Vu

Two interesting things there: 7W instead of hybrid, and 54° being the highest lofted wedge in her bag.

I added a putter to my count, figured she’d have gapping issues between the 5i and 7w, but if she can shape the 7w maybe not. Then yeah leaving a high lofted wedge out is the big curiosity.

It is a bit of a head scratcher to go 5i to 7w, I didn’t even notice it till you said something.
I just stumbled across this thread, and wanted to note she does carry a Ping G425 5 hybrid. That’s the bridge from her 7W to her 5 iron. TaylorMade just always drops it from their Nelly Korda WITB stuff because it’s another company, just like her Vokey.

For what it’s worth, I get the logic behind her set-up. I play basically the same thing a lot of the time — a G430 7 wood at flat-minus so it’s 20 degrees, then a G430 5H at little minus so it’s 25 degrees, then an i230 5 iron at 26 degrees. Gapping is great at my speed, which is comparable to Korda’s speed.

I just stumbled across this thread, and wanted to note she does carry a Ping G425 5 hybrid. That’s the bridge from her 7W to her 5 iron. TaylorMade just always drops it from their Nelly Korda WITB stuff because it’s another company, just like her Vokey.

For what it’s worth, I get the logic behind her set-up. I play basically the same thing a lot of the time — a G430 7 wood at flat-minus so it’s 20 degrees, then a G430 5H at little minus so it’s 25 degrees, then an i230 5 iron at 26 degrees. Gapping is great at my speed, which is comparable to Korda’s speed.
You brought up a good point, it would make sense they wouldn’t list competition clubs

This is 4 in a row right??

Back