NC Golf Get Together Thread

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted to set this up to get some ideas for a NC golf get together. I was thinking about meeting up in March.

Date/Time:

Sunday, March 18th, 2012

Tee Times- 10- 10:30.

Where:

Tanglewood Park, Clemmons, NC (2 hours from Raleigh and 2 hours from Asheville)
http://www.forsyth.cc/parks/tanglewood/Golf/default.aspx
The weekend rates are as follows:

Weekend- $48 on the Champion Course (Not sure of the replay, but I think it is cheap)

They do have a March Golf and Lunch special. It is $50 on the Champion. (Includes cart and green fee, a non-alcoholic beverage and your choice of a hot dog, hamburger or sandwich.)

Here is the gathering list so far. I will update it as more people confirm.

DMB012
SethO
ChunkyLover
mightyquinn
GoalieDave
bahester

Let me know if I missed anybody.

Last edited:
Rock Barn would be sweet!

I have played Tanglewood, its a pretty fun track.

yeah, it was nothing that was VERY impressive, but I could like to go back.

yeah, it was nothing that was VERY impressive, but I could like to go back.

I say if people want impressive, Tot Hill is the way to go. If we want just basic golf (very long course) Tanglewood is the way to go. I am not sure about Rock Barn, I have never played there.

I want to be in on this if the date works.

John Deere Tap'n...

I am down for whatever if I can make it work. If its 2 hours from asheville then that makes it over 3 hours for me. I would have to be in Gboro for this weekend we are speakin gof

If you decide to do something at Tot Hill I am good for the 11th,18th or 25th. The other two are a little too far away for me.

I want to be in on this if the date works.

John Deere Tap'n...

NC only! J/k I hope you can make it down.

Let's work on a date first and then work towards a golf course.

What date works the best?

March 10 weekend is bad for me: Baby shower at the house
March 17 and 24 weekend work best.

I think the weekend of the 10th or 17th would be good for me.

John Deere Tap'n...

I am down for sure. I can't do the 10th as it is my dad's birthday weekend and I will be in GA.

From what it sounds like, the best date is March 18th?

I can't do Sat. the 17th, but can do Sunday the 18th.

Sundays are more open for me than Saturdays. In fact I can't do any Saturdays in March

March 18 should be fine with me.

I think I can work the 18th. I'm not exactly sure how far some of these are from Raleigh but I'm sure I wouldn't have a problem driving.

edit. I'm an idiot. School is frying my brain.

I'll be there.

My vote is Tot Hill or Tanglewood.

If we do Sunday the 18th, that will be after the time change.

Do you guys prefer a early tee time or want to go for the twilight rates at 2?

I would vote for earlier tee time. Tot Hill farm has some interesting specials going on, they really need the business. I got one email where they will give you their "players card" if you play before the end of winter. Also there is one that you pay half of what the weather temp is. They also have cash payment specials.

I agree about Tot Hill. I love the layout and the atmosphere of the place and there are fantastic deals to be had. Same designer who designed the MC 2.0 courses.

I am down for the 18th, but not too early in the day if we are looking at a 2-3 hour drive. I don't feel like leaving the house at 0:dark 30, ya know?

I am down for the 18th, but not too early in the day if we are looking at a 2-3 hour drive. I don't feel like leaving the house at 0:dark 30, ya know?

It may be an easier drive than you think. Depending where in Raleigh you are it can be under 2hrs. Just take 64 pretty much all the way there.

I would vote for earlier tee time. Tot Hill farm has some interesting specials going on, they really need the business. I got one email where they will give you their "players card" if you play before the end of winter. Also there is one that you pay half of what the weather temp is. They also have cash payment specials.

I spoke to the guy earlier and they don't have many specials in March. I just joined their email list and hope they come out with something for that day.

One issue with Tot Hill, is the drive for One-T and TC. Maybe One-T could be in Greensboro that weekend. That is almost 3 hours for them to drive, but it is a great course and worth the drive. Tanglewood is a middle point for both Asheville and Raleigh.

Back