Yesssss... but local rumblings in Indy are saying they could move on from him. So, I am hoping that is the case.
I haven’t followed Indy closely. In what way do you perceive him to be lacking as a coach, other than Indy can’t seem to break out? I know that his offenses tend not to be imaginative. When Indy has played the Jazz (my local team that I follow very closely), the players seem to play very hard. The team always seems to be fighting injury. I wonder if this series would have been any different if Sabonis would have been available.

There is a growing sentiment among players in the bubble to boycott, after the latest police shooting. I hope they don’t. This has been so fun.

I haven’t followed Indy closely. In what way do you perceive him to be lacking as a coach, other than Indy can’t seem to break out? I know that his offenses tend not to be imaginative. When Indy has played the Jazz (my local team that I follow very closely), the players seem to play very hard. The team always seems to be fighting injury. I wonder if this series would have been any different if Sabonis would have been available.

offensive game planning is just terrible. Myles Turner has not progressed at all. Those are two big ones.

Oh and he has been fired!!

Yesssss... but local rumblings in Indy are saying they could move on from him. So, I am hoping that is the case.
Well, you got your wish. News just broke that Pacers have fired McMillan.

offensive game planning is just terrible. Myles Turner has not progressed at all. Those are two big ones.

Oh and he has been fired!!
I do have to question what is going on in the front office. Why would you extend a guy and then fire him? Sometimes the struggles of a franchise go right to the top. I don’t know anything about it here, but that seems strange that you could like a coach so much one minute and then fire him the next.

I do have to question what is going on in the front office. Why would you extend a guy and then fire him? Sometimes the struggles of a franchise go right to the top. I don’t know anything about it here, but that seems strange that you could like a coach so much one minute and then fire him the next.

I would think the playoff struggles is a big one. But, I think a lot of it is just the lack of offensive firepower and offensive struggle as a whole. As far as the front office, who freaking knows. I think Nate’s message grew old and the locker room needs a refresh.

I would think the playoff struggles is a big one. But, I think a lot of it is just the lack of offensive firepower and offensive struggle as a whole. As far as the front office, who freaking knows. I think Nate’s message grew old and the locker room needs a refresh.
I read one of the articles. The “extension” given Nate was not much of an extension. They reworked next year’s contract and took a team option for another year. I am not confused anymore.

Just curious... Do you think the Pacers would have advanced either last year or this year with better coaching? I just wonder if they have enough talent and whether the injuries ensured mediocrity.

So...looks like the Bucks may not be playing today. They have not taken the floor yet for their 4:00 pm game.

So...looks like the Bucks may not be playing today. They have not taken the floor yet for their 4:00 pm game.

This is exactly what a league needs that is melting down in ratings.

Funny, I must have missed the league’s black players standing up and thing Montrez Harrell to STFU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is their right to do what they want, but I hope the players realize how much money they are costing themselves. It is going to be significant.

Looks like the bucks are going to boycott this game vs the magic and the Celtics and raptors are looking to follow suit. What do you all think of this tactic. I’m all about making a statement, but not sure how this helps at all. There are over 500 state reps/senators and I’d be surprised if 50 of them could name more than 10 nba players. They don’t care about this kind of demonstration in my opinion. This season is already on a time crunch this can’t help. Thoughts?

This is a bit surreal to watch unfold, honestly.

NBA staff is removing the names and towels and water from the Bucks bench area right now.

NBA staff is removing the names and towels and water from the Bucks bench area right now.

Yeah. WoJo said they’re boycotting.

Is the goal of a boycott to raise awareness or force a billionaire owner to spend money on change and/or awareness?

Wow, where does it go from here.

It is their right to do what they want, but I hope the players realize how much money they are costing themselves. It is going to be significant.

Sure it is.
Im fine with players protesting for equality, I am not fine when there was zero protest (or much news) about the racial slur from Harrell. Im not fine with the talks of equality out of one side and then taking the money from China and never saying a word.

The NBA made this bed when they allowed the sport to get extremely political and it is not going to end well.

Sure it is.
Im fine with players protesting for equality, I am not fine when there was zero protest (or much news) about the racial slur from Harrell. Im not fine with the talks of equality out of one side and then taking the money from China and never saying a word.

The NBA is the definition of full of ****.

Sure it is.
I really hope I do not regret saying this and starting a fire in this thread, but I will add to your list the Kobe tributes over the last couple days, as if the Colorado incident never happened.

I am not saying everything has to be and eye for an eye, and the Harrell thing didn't really bother me. But in general, I agree with your point, there needs to be more consistency if there is going to be messaging on topics outside of the game itself.

ratings are already way down, guessing this won't change that trend.

Sure it is.

The NBA made this bed when they allowed the sport to get extremely political and it is not going to end well.

Perfectly said. Use your platform for protest, but don't be hypocritical and ignore other injustices because it doesn't fit your narrative. Personally I have not watched one game and didn't plan to, so this doesn't impact me, but I can't see how this ends well for the NBA ratings wise.

I really hope I do not regret saying this and starting a fire in this thread, but I will add to your list the Kobe tributes over the last couple days, as if the Colorado incident never happened.

I am not saying everything has to be and eye for an eye, and the Harrell thing didn't really bother me. But in general, I agree with your point, there needs to be more consistency if there is going to be messaging on topics outside of the game itself.
Perfectly said. Use your platform for protest, but don't be hypocritical and ignore other injustices because it doesn't fit your narrative. Personally I have not watched one game and didn't plan to, so this doesn't impact me, but I can't see how this ends well for the NBA ratings wise.

This is exactly my point. I am fine with protesting, but you have to be consistent. Protest social injustices, and then take in millions off of Jersey sales in China? And when asked about it, say "its far away". Not interested. Protest race issues? Sure, but then you must stand up for the guy that was just singled out by race from one of your players.

Looks like Morris is making a run at Luka from this angle. Ball out of bounds, plenty of space to avoid Luka, he makes run at Luka or is he going to try to defend an inbound pass with a 30 point lead - lol. Look at that last step - ouch - he moves left foot to the left to step on Luka's injured ankle.

Back