My UPRO ... Might as well be a brick!

That's really disappointing, Duey. Especially because the thing costs 3-400 dollars. I've been looking at GPS for a purchase next year and I am definitely going to keep the problems you had in mind when I'm shopping.

Thanks Hawk, but be sure you check out the courses you play, they may be good to go. I am really disapointed about the customer service side here because this really is a great unit with some great options.

For the right regions this is a solid performer. I guess my area isn't in the 1000 courses a month being added areas, lol.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I've been waiting for over a month now on the course I play most often. That's why I really like my rangefinder. The Upro is very accurate on the one course I've played with both it and the rangefinder.

I still like my upro that I won on here looong ago! Thanks THP!
I don't use it that much, but it is nice to have. I use it for new courses or old favorites to get obstacle yardages and such.
The actual screen did a weird fade thing on the plastic/glass or whatnot, but doesn't mess it up when in use.
Only used it once since the update, but the update is nice.
I still have one of my main courses waiting to be mapped in Pro Mode...been over a year, oh well.

Anyone know how to clear up a corrupted course file? I just received this as a gift and have a tournament at a new course on Saturday, and of course it's corrupted. Very frustrating, no response from Tech, and I have a hard time taking 20min in the middle of the day to call tech.

Wish I could help, but no I don't. Hope someone comes along soon that can help you.

Anyone know how to clear up a corrupted course file? I just received this as a gift and have a tournament at a new course on Saturday, and of course it's corrupted. Very frustrating, no response from Tech, and I have a hard time taking 20min in the middle of the day to call tech.

You can't just delete it and download it again?

I can find the course info, but there's nothing to identify which course is which in the files.

I'm done! There you go Callaway, my UBrick is for sale. I have been more than patient, but even I have a limit. If it won't sell I will mount it in the next house I build, but definitly not part of the foundation. Many weeks ago, after a call that never got answered, I left a message that was followed up on several weeks later that you were sending my NEW REQUESTS (?) to the mapping department. STILL NOTHING!!!

Today, I was able to use it on 6 holes out of 18, I have already explained why this is on this course. Hole number 5 say's 165 to center of the green and thats exactly where the flag was. Against the wind I hit my six iron dead center over the flag. Yeah, I'm off the back. Seem's extremely odd, so I go back to the box, set the "Mark" and back to the tee 152??? On up to the ball and it's sitting at 169!

I have asked for this course to be re-mapped since at least the first of May. Thanks guy's, appreciate all the wonderfull customer service there. Another month and we are hip deep in snow.

P1030189.jpg

P1030184.jpg

Don't get much more center than this!

P1030182.jpg

Back