My first Oakley purchase, what are your thoughts on Oakley?

Spaceman_Spiff

Reaction score
Firestone CO, north of Denver about 20 mins
Handicap
So yesterday at the course, I noticed a 50% off rack. Much to my pleasure I see the Rory McIlroy Black polo with green/yellowy gray horizontal stripes and the course logo monogrammed on the sleeve.

I had to have it! This is my first Oakley purchase since a pair of sunglasses 15 years ago. This shirt is AWESOME. The moisture wicking fabric doesn't feel thick or heavy in the least. I for one am a big fan of Nike dri-fit shirts and this one to me feels even softer. I LOVE IT!

I've now begun my emphatic search for more Oakley shirts. I'd really like to get a sligo shirt in my closet to compare it to but I have only seen one in person and it was out of my price range. Having felt that one sligo shirt though it was the quite close in feel.

Anyone else own any oakley apparel and what do you think?

I have one of the shirts and a pair of tan shorts I got just before the last outing and like them both. I thought the shirt looked a little too stressed after only one washing but hopefully it holds up. Love the shorts so far. As long as both hold up Im a fan.

Never even thought about there clothing but love the sunglasses. To tell you the truth I don't think Dick's carries it. That's where I do all my golf shopping.

Never even thought about there clothing but love the sunglasses. To tell you the truth I don't think Dick's carries it. That's where I do all my golf shopping.

I think you're right, I haven't noticed Oakley products outside of sunglasses at dicks if that? I found mine at the Clubhouse, but now I'm searching online for the best deals I can find!

I have two of the shirts from last season. They have held up through business casual and golf. Still bright with a nice drape. Love the shorts and shoes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dicks doesnt carry Oakley clothes. At least not the ones by me. I found it at Golf Galaxy and the mall has a Oakley store too.

I stay out of the Oakley store at the mall. My bank account would be emptied very very quickly...........

Dicks doesnt carry Oakley clothes. At least not the ones by me. I found it at Golf Galaxy and the mall has a Oakley store too.

I kind of expected Dicks to have it since they own Golf Galaxy, but I think you guys are right..

I have really been liking the look of the Oakley line this year.. May have to give them a shot myself!

Hmmm, Oakley store! We have one nearby and I've never been... guess what David's going to be doing this weekend now?

Im in the minority I guess with Oakley. Comparing it to other top brands and ones that I like, I have struggled with the QC a great deal. Pulls in the shirts, loose threading, etc...

Hmmm, Oakley store! We have one nearby and I've never been... guess what David's going to be doing this weekend now?

Hopefully not talking in 3rd person as he stares at posters of a TW fist pump while preparing for an evening out. :alien:

I love their sunglasses! I have no experience with their clothing line.... yet. I will purchase a shirt soon.

I stay out of the Oakley store at the mall. My bank account would be emptied very very quickly...........

I feel the same way. Always been a big fan of Oakley but theres not much in that store thats under $100

Im in the minority I guess with Oakley. Comparing it to other top brands and ones that I like, I have struggled with the QC a great deal. Pulls in the shirts, loose threading, etc...

This is good to hear though, I know for sure to look for this then in future purchases. This would lead me to less online purchases in the beginning for sure until I can get a better comparison or multiple successful purchases.

Hopefully not talking in 3rd person as he stares at posters of a TW fist pump while preparing for an evening out. :alien:

Dude, do you have a camera in my office? Stop staring at me!

I'm a fan of Oakley optics for the simple reason that they came out with the Asian-fit sunglass line. It's nice to have a pair of sunglasses that are not constantly falling off yoru face at the hint of moisture/sweat. Worth the $100+ investment imo.

The clothing I'm less fond of. The price tag is pretty high and the fit just does suit me.

Started sporting their stuff this year. Have two shirts and a pair of shorts for golf, so far absolutely fantastic stuff. Shirts have held up great and have held their shape very well.

Besides from golf I also have 3 tees, 2 sweaters, and 2 pairs of jeans. All that stuff has held up great as well and its been a few months of constant wear.

I love my oakley golf shorts and cargo shorts. They are by far my favorite out of any brand i have tried.

Love their optics but I haven't been a fan of the clothing line. Their patterns never really suited my eye in the past. I always get email from their store for clearance items and they seem to be fairly priced. Definitely would give them the benefit of the doubt though from my past dealings with their eyewear.

While were talking Oakley.... went to look at new sun glasses today and love a pair of Oakleys and a pair of Maui Jims.....anyone had a pair of Maui Jims?

While were talking Oakley.... went to look at new sun glasses today and love a pair of Oakleys and a pair of Maui Jims.....anyone had a pair of Maui Jims?

I love Oakley glasses, I really do, but, I must say if you want polorized, go Maui Jims. Easily the best polorized lens on the market, combine those with the light weight carbon frames and you have an awesome pair of glasses.

If you're not looking to go poloarized though, Oakey's non-poloarized lenes are great and quite possibly the closest thing to poloarized.

bought 2 pairs of the "take 2" pants. Online they were like $80. Found them at the oakley vault store at the small for 50% off! I bought 2 pair!!

I love Oakley apparel. A relative of mine used to own a motorcycle shop and I could get all Oakley stuff at wholesale, but he closed it. Now Oakley is coming out with all this cool apparel! I love the style of shirt Rory wore on Sunday at the Masters, I have seen it in several colors. Did they have any mediums of that shirt Spaceman? Maybe I could have you pick one up for me! lol

I don't ever wear sun glasses while golfing, they just sort of bug me, but my everyday sunglasses are Oakleys and have been for about 10 years now and I love them.

Back