RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
As I am sure many of you know, one of the (many) reasons I was absent from the boards for a time was I had somehow managed to find a beautiful girl who actually liked spending time with me! I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth... so I spent most of the last year courting this girl. It went very well, and for some reason that I still don't really understand, she agreed to marry me!

Well, that weekend is this weekend...

On Friday I will be marrying my best friend, Amy Lynn Balata. There will be lots of laughter, and lots of tears (mostly mine), and I know that my life will never be the same. On Saturday we will hop on a train and spend the next 7 days in Belize, on a small island in the middle of nowhere. It will be fun and relaxing and a needed break from the craziness of our lives. Once we return, we will have 10 days before we return to Africa for another Medical Missions trip!

I am also VERY honored to have several of my good friends stand and support me in this commitment... including our very own Seth-O who is flying into Cleveland tomorrow morning. THP is such a special place, and it is pretty amazing that someone who I met on an internet golf forum is one of the groomsmen in my wedding. Seth and I are going to play my home course tomorrow and play an 18 hole scramble on thursday with the rest of my groomsman. The plan is to shoot several VHOTD while we are out there, and in general live it up for my last couple of rounds as a single gent.

On friday, the wedding preparations don't start until noon, and Amy's response to a question about whether I could go golfing was "You can go if I never find out". Sold! Seth and I are going to squeeze in 9 before the wedding festivities on friday... and Amy, if you are reading this: I am sorry!

So it looks like I will be pretty spotty around the boards for the next month or so; but I promise that I will be coming back... and I will have a TON of pictures!

Congrats Gus, that's really exciting and I am very happy for you man! Awesome that you and Seth have become great friends. Enjoy yourself buddy!

Congrats Kyle...that is all very exciting. Hope the wedding day goes off great, and that all the travels are safe.

Congrats Gus! Hope you have a great day and a wonderful honeymoon!

Am I the only one who finds it funny that a golf nut finds his dream girl and her last name is Balata???

I know they don't make Balata balls anymore and alot of the younger guys maybe never heard of them, but I thought it was funny.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that a golf nut finds his dream girl and her last name is Balata???

I know they don't make Balata balls anymore and alot of the younger guys maybe never heard of them, but I thought it was funny.

That was one of our first conversations actually.

Gus: "What exactly is a Balata?"
Amy: "Well.."
Gus: "I mean, besides a Golf Ball"
Amy: "How did you know that?"

Congrats Gus! Super happy for you buddy!

Congrats Gus! FWIW, the first thing I thought of when I read Balata was the golf ball. Lol. Have a great time at your honeymoon!

As I am sure many of you know, one of the (many) reasons I was absent from the boards for a time was I had somehow managed to find a beautiful girl who actually liked spending time with me! I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth... so I spent most of the last year courting this girl. It went very well, and for some reason that I still don't really understand, she agreed to marry me!

Well, that weekend is this weekend...

On Friday I will be marrying my best friend, Amy Lynn Balata. There will be lots of laughter, and lots of tears (mostly mine), and I know that my life will never be the same. On Saturday we will hop on a train and spend the next 7 days in Belize, on a small island in the middle of nowhere. It will be fun and relaxing and a needed break from the craziness of our lives. Once we return, we will have 10 days before we return to Africa for another Medical Missions trip!

I am also VERY honored to have several of my good friends stand and support me in this commitment... including our very own Seth-O who is flying into Cleveland tomorrow morning. THP is such a special place, and it is pretty amazing that someone who I met on an internet golf forum is one of the groomsmen in my wedding. Seth and I are going to play my home course tomorrow and play an 18 hole scramble on thursday with the rest of my groomsman. The plan is to shoot several VHOTD while we are out there, and in general live it up for my last couple of rounds as a single gent.

On friday, the wedding preparations don't start until noon, and Amy's response to a question about whether I could go golfing was "You can go if I never find out". Sold! Seth and I are going to squeeze in 9 before the wedding festivities on friday... and Amy, if you are reading this: I am sorry!

So it looks like I will be pretty spotty around the boards for the next month or so; but I promise that I will be coming back... and I will have a TON of pictures!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. If you do 9, put on a lot of sunblock and all over, she will kill you if you're burnt. Also, don't be surprised if you're exhausted. I slept like carp the night before.

That was my first throught as well. My second thought was what is a girl with the name Amy Lynn doing in Ohio.

Congrats Gus, sounds like ya'll have quite the honeymoon set up. I hope you enjoy it.

Congratulations! Well, soon... haha. Hope the big day goes off without a hitch and your time in Belize is wonderful!

Congrats Gus. She sounds wonderful.

Congrats Doc. Thanks for being there for me when my wife was sick. I will never forget that and am very happy you have found someone to share your life with! Milissa and I are very happy for you!

Congrats man very happy for ya.

Congrats, Kyle!

Congrats man!!!

Dan

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk 2

Great stuff, congratulations Kyle! :D

I know you'll have the best day ever, but I'm still sending my hopes that everything goes off without a hitch. Have fun man!

I'm so happy for you Kyle! Can't wait to see the pictures and videos from the golf and the wedding. Sure wish we could have made it. ((((((((HUGS))))))))

I am on a plane right now. I cant wait ro hang with Gus for the next several days. Hopefully we dont steal any tigers from angry boxers.

Posting from my POS Atrix so please excuse my horrid typing mistakles

Congrats Gus! Worth the wait. Your life will be changed forever. Enjoy the bliss my man.

Congrats Gus! Enjoy the golf, wedding, and Belize: sounds like an amazing week!!

Congratulations Kyle, I am excited for you and Amy, very soon she will be Mrs. RxGus and both of your lives will be so much different and so much for the better. It is great that Seth will be there to share this time with you and I know you two will have a blast. I find it exciting that you and your bride will be heading out almost immediately on a mission trip, that is awesome. Looking forward to vids and pics being posted over the next few days.

Congrats on the next chapter in your life Gus! Enjoy your time with your friends and family.

Congrats Gus on the upcoming nuptials. Enjoy your time away from it all.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. If you do 9, put on a lot of sunblock and all over, she will kill you if you're burnt. Also, don't be surprised if you're exhausted. I slept like carp the night before.

That is some fantastic advice! Sunscreen packed

Congrats Doc. Thanks for being there for me when my wife was sick. I will never forget that and am very happy you have found someone to share your life with! Milissa and I are very happy for you!

And I am very happy for you and Milissa! I love seeing your updates with how she is doing!

I'm so happy for you Kyle! Can't wait to see the pictures and videos from the golf and the wedding. Sure wish we could have made it. ((((((((HUGS))))))))

I wish you could have made it too, but I know how much stuff you have going on. I'll find a way to get some more golf in with you and that hooker husband of yours.

I am on a plane right now. I cant wait ro hang with Gus for the next several days. Hopefully we dont steal any tigers from angry boxers.

Posting from my POS Atrix so please excuse my horrid typing mistakles

Hells. Yea.

Congratulations Kyle, I am excited for you and Amy, very soon she will be Mrs. RxGus and both of your lives will be so much different and so much for the better. It is great that Seth will be there to share this time with you and I know you two will have a blast. I find it exciting that you and your bride will be heading out almost immediately on a mission trip, that is awesome. Looking forward to vids and pics being posted over the next few days.

If you know me, you know there will be no shortage of photos.
Our photographers put together a "yearbook" style guest book for everyone to sign at the wedding. It looks nasty!
http://www.inluxphoto.com/albums/design/mkggb01

Great pics Kyle! Can't wait to see more.

Back