that was my favorite instrument to play, I played cello for about 10 years, It was so beautiful but hard

Hah, you're not kidding. I'm glad I was so naive. Had I really understood how difficult it was, I doubt I would have ever taken it up.

I see a lot of similarities between cello and golf.
• It's an activity you can do for your entire life
• It takes a ton of coordination to do things with your hands and arms that seem completely unnatural
• You'll never be finished learning. No matter how much you learn, there's always more to learn
• You go through the same phases of alternating between playing well and playing poorly
• There's always some 9-year-old that's better than you

Hah, you're not kidding. I'm glad I was so naive. Had I really understood how difficult it was, I doubt I would have ever taken it up.

I see a lot of similarities between cello and golf.
• It's an activity you can do for your entire life
• It takes a ton of coordination to do things with your hands and arms that seem completely unnatural
• You'll never be finished learning. No matter how much you learn, there's always more to learn
• You go through the same phases of alternating between playing well and playing poorly
There's always some 9-year-old that's better than you

hahahahah truth. . .it's so crazy I hate it sometimes!!!!

Is this a good guitar? I like the price and the fact it's an electric/acoustic. Will I need an amp also?

Epiphone is Gibsons daughter company and they usually build their stuff in korea, it should be a decent guitar to learn on.

You won't need an amp unless you want to play in a large hall or something

I would ask the seller for the specific model number of the guitar and then let me know what it is

So I found a few cool pictures on what I do, I play guitar a lot

8051867336_c51cf2cec5.jpg

This is when we were setting up for an outdoor show at an event last year in the winter, it was awfully cold, and playing outside sucks lol

This was the sound check
8051847462_1a7db5b600.jpg

8051839811_c73844c714.jpg

8051833891_e22aafe0d8.jpg

this was at one of the sound checks at another event

8051873295_0c6161ccfe.jpg

8051883380_7b31f640b8.jpg

8051910163_b401270dd4.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome stuff Uriel!

Brings me back to my blues playing days...played bass at my college (I have a link back in this thread somewhere to a couple of our songs recorded live) and I found some photos...

349_509815678206_8032_n.jpg

349_509815683196_8327_n.jpg

349_509815658246_7000_n.jpg

255_507065903776_5663_n.jpg

Thanks dude, I like the Blues man, that's awesome that you play bass, what did you play through?
Awesome stuff Uriel!

Brings me back to my blues playing days...played bass at my college (I have a link back in this thread somewhere to a couple of our songs recorded live) and I found some photos...

349_509815678206_8032_n.jpg

349_509815683196_8327_n.jpg

349_509815658246_7000_n.jpg

255_507065903776_5663_n.jpg

Thanks dude, I like the Blues man, that's awesome that you play bass, what did you play through?

Trying to remember the setup...it was a nice bass amp that the college music department had, but I'll have to look some info up.

Here's a link for you to give a listen - we had a great time, thanks to the many students who loved our music, George's sick blues guitar prowess (he still plays in Philly now), and a little bit of whisky, hehe.

http://www.myspace.com/cheapshelter

Trying to remember the setup...it was a nice bass amp that the college music department had, but I'll have to look some info up.

Here's a link for you to give a listen - we had a great time, thanks to the many students who loved our music, George's sick blues guitar prowess (he still plays in Philly now), and a little bit of whisky, hehe.

http://www.myspace.com/cheapshelter

Dude that was great, I love the band name Cheap Shelter!! and that guitarist is such a phenomenal blues guitarist!

Who sung for the band? They got a great bluesy voice

This is a music video my amazing friend Ronnie made, I played guitar for this band a while ago, and this is a song we recorded. It's not as great as the live version which is way way better lol

when the recording was done, it was meant to be a more mellow song, but once we started playing live it all changed and become more intense

Dude that was great, I love the band name Cheap Shelter!! and that guitarist is such a phenomenal blues guitarist!

Who sung for the band? They got a great bluesy voice

The lead singer was also the lead guitarist...George Urgo - you see him with the gold Stratocaster in my pictures above. He's southern bred, through and through. I'm so lucky to be able to see him play in my area (Philly). I sung harmonizing vocals in these live shows.

That's awesome dude! so many southern guitarists become amazing musicians later down the road. I've noticed that my favorite guitarists of all time were influenced by the blues and you can really hear it in their tone choice, Jimmy Page for example, and even Slash lol

That's awesome dude! so many southern guitarists become amazing musicians later down the road. I've noticed that my favorite guitarists of all time were influenced by the blues and you can really hear it in their tone choice, Jimmy Page for example, and even Slash lol

The guy astounded me then, and he's still doing it now. I especially loved "You're So Mean" from my link. I have more live recordings from a couple concerts that I'll have to try and upload for you. It was a blast to be a part of that band.

The guy astounded me then, and he's still doing it now. I especially loved "You're So Mean" from my link. I have more live recordings from a couple concerts that I'll have to try and upload for you. It was a blast to be a part of that band.

That would be so great to hear, hopefully you have some more pictures! I'll see if I can take more this weekend too

That would be so great to hear, hopefully you have some more pictures! I'll see if I can take more this weekend too

I don't know if I have more pics, but I'll try to get some more music uploaded soon.

I don't know if I have more pics, but I'll try to get some more music uploaded soon.

Awesome! I don't know why buy I love going to shows and gigs to watch other musicians play, I learn so much that way and it's quite enjoyable. Like last month, we went to the park to watch a jazz band play, it was really awesome to watch. Then another day we went to watch mini KISS the cover band haha it was awesome too.

I found some more pictures, I always wear black haha

8055686889_67926a4343_n.jpg

This is back in the day when I played through a Big ol Marshall on the left
8055661545_72c0f3a06e_m.jpg
\

8055661827_2fcacf9123_m.jpg

Love seeing these band pics. I'll have to dig some up from the reggae band I used to play with and scan them in. I miss performing more than anything. Really gotta get playing again!!!

Love seeing these band pics. I'll have to dig some up from the reggae band I used to play with and scan them in. I miss performing more than anything. Really gotta get playing again!!!

do it, I love seeing band pics, I'm going to try to get someone to get some recent ones this weekend

Found some. These are from a reggae band I played with down in California. I'm the one on keys.

gtpmr1.jpg

gtpmr2.jpg

gtpmr3.jpg

gtpmr4.jpg

gtpmr5.jpg

and a couple from Marching Band in HS...
hs-band1.jpg

hs-band2.jpg

that's awesome dude, I bet it was so much fun to play in a reggae band

that's awesome dude, I bet it was so much fun to play in a reggae band
It totally was. Played some great places too. Really gotta work on my playing and get in a band again...miss it more the more I think about it.

Here are some more pictures of us last year, I'm the guy with the guitar haha

8055968918_179aaed50d.jpg

8055946033_76d2c3ca9e.jpg

8055952789_a58a99ee85_n.jpg

Last edited:
It totally was. Played some great places too. Really gotta work on my playing and get in a band again...miss it more the more I think about it.

Yeah man I understand, playing in a band can be addicting that's why I do it so much haha one of the guitarists I played with before he moved to Connecticut actually got me into golf

Tapping away without siri

Back