Music on the course

I like it. I play music when I'm with my regular group.

When I'm paired up for league I ask my cart partner and make it clear that I'm totally fine if they say no.

As other have said - I keep it low enough so that we can only hear it in the cart. I generally keep the playlist generic - I'll stream 70s or 80s hits on Siriius XM or something like that.

Anything but modern country. That sh1t is f***ing trash. Willy, Waylon? No problem. Hell, I'll even suffer through some older Garth. But this twatfest that's being pumped out now is most generic "let me appeal to the lowest level mouth breather I can find" music I have ever heard. Take your dog, your truck, your broken heart and your Friday night beer and GTFO.

/Rant over.

Oh, and I don't mind music on the course as long as your respectful and I always ask before I link up to a speaker.

I am fine with music on the course. crazy Thing is, save for the occasional bachelor party, I find it’s more common to have an over 50 yo playing something.

I play classic rock if the folks I’m with don’t mind.

No problem at all with music on the course.

I play alone a lot. I got a JBL clip as a gift so I gave it a try at the private course I belong to. I love music, especially classic rock and thought it’d be nice to listen as I played. Wow, was I wrong. Totally distracting, and I played like crap without my usual focus. After 5-6 holes I turned it off and never looked back. Clip is still hanging on my cart lol!

I often play with 1 ear bud in because @snafu isn't a huge fan of music.

Sometimes when I am feeling low energy I will put on a banger to get the blood pumping (Thunderstruck is a good one) but usually it's Phish/Dead/Pink Floyd/Classic Rock/Country depending on the mood.

I will add that I think some people take it too far. If I can hear your music from 2 fairways over it's too F'n loud.
Have some respect for other people.

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

It doesn't bother me if you keep it to your cart. If others not in your group can hear it - it's too loud.

As for genre as long as it's not Rap/Hip-Hop or EDM, I'm good with it. Classic rock preferred though.

I love music, but when on the course I'd rather hear what nature is offering. Besides, the music I have heard on the course comes out of these cheap, tinny speakers...not worth listening too. When I listen to music I prefer high fidelity. It's like the difference between looking at a steak versus eating one.

I love music on the course, I also enjoy when other people are listening to music on the course. No issue with it at all.

I can't listen to anything too aggro, it throws me off my game. It's usually something loosely in the genres of Yacht Rock or '80s New Wave.

One thing I love about playing golf is the peace and quiet. I personally don't like hearing music on a golf course. I've already heard golfers playing music so loud that they think they are a DJ or at a concert. I also have seen some golfers--not me--have an aggressive almost violent reaction to those blasting their music too loudly. It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear about altercations and possible violence on golf courses caused by loud music.

I’m fine by it. Always feels like the fringes ruin this for everyone as it’s either blasting N.W.A. or the guy going full militant griping about the music louder than the typical music being played 🤷‍♂️

LOL---a few years ago i contacted Dormie to make custom ones . The hybrid was going to say "here i go" , the 3wood "Deep type flow" and then the driver "Jacques Cousteau could never get this loooooowwww" with the ODB license plate cover on them

But the cost and copyright stuff was too much work.

I play music also @e1iterate always has music going when we play. I enjoy it and don't mind it at all.

I love playing music at a level that doesn't impact others.

Even more, I love finding out what kind of music I have in common with my cart partner. It's always fun and usually surprising.

I like having music going but I don't want it overly loud. If it's in the cart and you can hear it while on the tee box or green when you're park away it's too much.

I prefer playing golf with music.

I like music and listen sometimes when I play. I try to keep it at a reasonable volume because I know most people aren't going to want to hear my music. I wish other people were as considerate. I'd rather not hear music that I'd consider offensive when I play. That's my take on it and I'm not going to tell someone else to turn their music off or down or change the station.

Back