Most underrated golf clubs?

itg

Reaction score
I'll start with irons. This iron paved the way for hollow body/filled clubs. From the speed slot that Taylormade and others are using to PXG with the polymer filled irons. This was the grandfather of them all.

They are cheap as heck and make a great sound on impact. If you want a club that looks like a blade, but isn't as brutal to hit, these are a good iron on a budget.

Adam XTD FORGED
355ab708f3d98705d384453d92ca95dd.jpg

1688943173547.png

I'll start with irons. This iron paved the way for hollow body/filled clubs. From the speed slot that Taylormade and others are using to PXG with the polymer filled irons. This was the grandfather of them all.

They are cheap as heck and make a great sound on impact. If you want a club that looks like a blade, but isn't as brutal to hit, these are a good iron on a budget.

Adam XTD FORGED
Head of R&D for both of these clubs was the same person.

Some years ago, someone on eBay was selling new old stock XTD Forged iron heads for a very reasonable price. I kind of regret not buying them when I had the chance.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Some years ago, someone on eBay was selling new old stock XTD Forged iron heads for a very reasonable price. I kind of regret not buying them when I had the chance.

Take mine then!

After picking up a C722 driver and C722 irons, I can say with confidence that Tour Edge is criminally underrated.

Thanks, but I finally got rid of most of my excess clubs and don't want to deal with that again.

That's where I'm at. I have a main 13 club set and a second loaner/ travel set with the xtds. I'll get around to cutting them to the right length eventually. For now I grip down. The spare set is only 10 clubs in a pencil style bag. The driver is a Callaway C4 Carbon Driver, also underappreciated. An adams proto super hybrid, and some Adams watson wedges. Oh, and a taylormade cb tour preferred 3 iron. Funny how it also has a speed slot. ... blends in
b23991dd4fdf786ec67e5458e93524ca.jpg
9a836c0e2f9592c1bce3c3f2fade7d01.jpg

Finally cut irons to length and regripped. Unfortunately I snapped my c4 driver. Thinking of replacing with a

Callaway xr driver and 3W.

Not exactly underrated but I think I found a good deal on the pair.
0e37de04af1747f5524b0ae675f0e863.jpg
c47cb784453549c183b8e2842c8749c4.jpg

I thought the same when I bought an ex10 3 wood. With the curved face I couldn't hit that thing at all...

I had an adams xtd super hybrid that was way ahead of it's time back in the late 2000s... I should have never gotten rid of that as the top of the bag has never been the same.

Currently it is the cbx wedge family for me. I know they are gaining popularity, but I still haven't seen any out in the wild where I play other than my 54*... my buddies are starting to warm up to the idea though

Cleveland UHX irons. Cavity back short irons for good versatility. Hollow mid & long irons. The whole set has micro milled grooving for fast, consistent spin throughout the set. These clubs would have offended my eye back in the day, but pretty is as pretty does.....
I bought them on a whim at the beginning of the season, dirt cheap at Carl's to try graphite iron shafts. Right now I cant think of what could replace them, I am very happy with the results they give me.

Cleveland UHX irons. Cavity back short irons for good versatility. Hollow mid & long irons. The whole set has micro milled grooving for fast, consistent spin throughout the set. These clubs would have offended my eye back in the day, but pretty is as pretty does.....
I bought them on a whim at the beginning of the season, dirt cheap at Carl's to try graphite iron shafts. Right now I cant think of what could replace them, I am very happy with the results they give me.
I'm not sure if he is still gaming them or not but @MagicSpell was swinging those for a while, too. When he first got them they were absolute rocket launchers for him. I think he may be gaming his Morgan Cup Cobras right now, but I/m pretty sure he still has this set at the ready.

Almost anything ADAMS made in the last couple of years before the TM takeover was quality equipment.
I'm pretty sure @vgolfman was pretty heavy in the mix, there, at the time.

I’d second anything Adams before they were ruined. I had a set of XTD and Super S driver and fairway and they were great.

Adam XTD FORGED
they may well have led the way, but I had a hollow body Taylor made IB wedge in early 80s.

After about 10 shots with it, I'd say that those sure didn't lead the way. Sounded like a shotgun going off most of the time.

they may well have led the way, but I had a hollow body Taylor made IB wedge in early 80s.

After about 10 shots with it, I'd say that those sure didn't lead the way. Sounded like a shotgun going off most of the time.
They're not marshmallows, but it's a pleasing click. Shotgun is a bit extreme. Although I've always preferred some feedback over completely silent clubs. These xtds aren't harsh, but definitely audible

Almost bought a set. These look like a smart buy

They're not marshmallows, but it's a pleasing click. Shotgun is a bit extreme. Although I've always preferred some feedback over completely silent clubs. These xtds aren't harsh, but definitely audible
did you ever play an old Taylormade IB from the early 80's?
it was loud.

Back